+ Reply to thread

Thread: first pit of the mods

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default first pit of the mods

So what the fuck happened? Did your shift key get stuck from all the raspberry jelly donut filling and semen coating the keyboard? How about some proper capitalization in the forum names, ya tardhumpers?

Hostility entirely feigned -- truthfully I don't give a nanofuck, but it would look look better as "The Pit" and so on.

"The Pit is dead. Long live The pit." Just doesn't look shiny to me.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: first pit of the mods

And whose braindead decision was it to hide the "edit" function?
    There is more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches. -- Ray Bradbury's "Coda"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Why are the mod names suddenly not visible under the forum names, is my question.
    Every dialect is a language, but not every language is a dialect. - Einar Haugen

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Daerlyn
    Why are the mod names suddenly not visible under the forum names, is my question.
    My guess is because the moderators are all global moderators, and don't just moderate particular forums. But I suspect that CRSP (who would also be admin) is playing around with board settings like it's a new toy. I understand: it's what I'd do in his position.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Yes, I'm still fiddling, sorry. ops:

The edit button shouldn't have disappeared. Using the alternative theme, it's in the top right. The moderators are now all global moderators: it makes it easier to administrate permissions that way, which is why their names have disappeared. You can see who's a moderator by clicking the green "Global moderators" button down at the bottom. Anyway, the forum titles have been changed and each forum now has a link to the rules thread.
    Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur
    D'une langueur Monotone

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by CRSP

The edit button shouldn't have disappeared. Using the alternative theme, it's in the top right. The moderators are now all global moderators: it makes it easier to administrate permissions that way, which is why their names have disappeared. You can see who's a moderator by clicking the green "Global moderators" button down at the bottom. Anyway, the forum titles have been changed and each forum now has a link to the rules thread.
    Friend, fiddle away! So far you are doing a damn fine job. Everyone knows there will be teething issues, but so long as you don't take the Ed/Tuba/Lynn attitude, I think you'll be just fine.
    I didn't make the world this way, it was like this when I got here

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Giles
    I understand: it's what I'd do in his position.
    I did it once (setting up a forum). Unfortunately I wasn't in a position to attract dozens of users immediately after setting up! Every new user was a cause for celebration.
    I didn't make the world this way, it was like this when I got here

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by CRSP
    Sorry? SORRY?! What the fuck kind of moderation is this, you spoondular assdick? Where's the denial? Where's the ass-covering? Where's the "Jerry's looking into it, now shut the fuck up and be happy we're running at all, plebes!"? I hope your syphilitic whore of a mother pauses her DVD of COPS long enough to limp into her basement and schools you in the proper running of a godsdamned message board.

(Love you man...keep up the good work.)
    Whatever became of the moment when one first knew about death? There must have been one. A moment. In childhood. When it first occurred to you that you don't go on forever. Must have been shattering. Stamped into one's memory. And yet, I can't remember it.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Why can't my Imageshack standard avatar work? It tells me 100x75 is too large.
    "And I hope I don't get born again, 'cuz one time was enough!" -- Mark Sandman

Registered
    Feb 2009

Image sizes are limited to 90x90.
    Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur
    D'une langueur Monotone

Registered
    Feb 2009

Know a site that will resize it to those specs?
    "And I hope I don't get born again, 'cuz one time was enough!" -- Mark Sandman

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Tinker
    Know a site that will resize it to those specs?
    If the image is stored on your PC, Microsoft Photo Editor will accomplish that easily under the 'Image' dropdown from the top toolbar. If you don't have that utility, I'd recommend IrfanView as a versatile piece of freeware for image manipulation.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

You don't even need freeware. If you save the image to flickr, you can "edit photo" and use their piknik tool for free, which has cropping and resizing abilities.

+ Reply to thread