+ Reply to thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Posters from SDMB you hope DON'T migrate over here?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Re: Posters from SDMB you hope DON'T migrate over here?

Quote Originally posted by Guinastasia
    I don't, but there's something a little...well, off, about him, if you know what I mean?
    You don't?

You're so lucky.

I like cock, and I didn't and don't want to look at that thread. Or think about it. And based on the comments from people I trust and respect on all things cock, I'm pretty thoroughly justified in that.

And beyond that, yes I do know what you mean, and you should know that, and why, and if anyone else wants to get into specifics on this (because it's not a board issue and it happened like forever and a million years ago and it was just creepy and weird and I don't remember all of it very well and throw in whatever other caveat you want), e-mail me and be prepared for something that's just weird and kind of gross and don't say I didn't warn you.

HOWEVER.

Should he show up in a thread here that has nothing to do with cock or the very few and specific issues I have with him, who gives a shit? I couldn't stand various and sundry posters over at that shittily run board, but if they're only posting about why they love their Toyota Tercels or whatever, there's only so much righteous disgust I can work up over that.

HOWEVER.

Should he show up here at all, or should anyone else on my "Oh, well" list show up, the imperfect part of me is, I admit, going to be waiting for something dickish (heh) to happen.

Fortunately for all of us, I have way better things to do this time around than get into it online with anyone. Cuz I could always cut class in college to fight with someone on the Internet, but at my paper, I am the news desk.

And I'm told we don't print blank pages.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I've had the privilege of hanging out with DocCathode at numerous Philly events, among other things. (ISTR that he was at Dope the Halls one year.) In spite of whatever weirdness he's got (and I agree that he's a little weird), he's still a good person who is very sweet and generous. In fact, he's one of the people I most look forward to seeing.
    There is more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches. -- Ray Bradbury's "Coda"

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Cerowyn
    I'm undoubtedly prejudiced 'cause I know him IRL, but TokyoPlayer is actually a pretty good guy. He went through a horrendous ordeal, and spammed a bit on the Dope, but compared to the vast majority of dickweeds there, I hardly think he rates a mention here.
    I was trying, in my feeble way, to point out that TP has had some painful things going on which explain why he gushes so over his new baby. In other words, if a person has been paying attention, they'd know why he did so and wouldn't slam him for it.

I'm beginning to think this thread has run its course and should be closed. I don't know any of us who are so "normal" that we need to be going around saying other posters are "weird". Heh. (that is not directed at any specific poster here, especially you MsRobyn!)
    This message brought to you by NinetyWt, the Queen of Lubricants™.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I know. It just bugs me whenever someone says something about someone I know personally and like. Message board personae are one thing, but meatspace friendships are another.
    There is more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches. -- Ray Bradbury's "Coda"

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by MsRobyn
    I've had the privilege of hanging out with DocCathode at numerous Philly events, among other things. (ISTR that he was at Dope the Halls one year.) In spite of whatever weirdness he's got (and I agree that he's a little weird), he's still a good person who is very sweet and generous. In fact, he's one of the people I most look forward to seeing.
    You're welcome to all my seeing him.

Forever.

I'm glad (for you, obviously, as I wish my experiences him with had been entirely positive -- got enough bad stuff to deal with) that you and I have had such divergent experiences regarding him. And maybe bad experiences I've had with him, and know of with him with others, in person and online are atypical.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by iampunha
    You're welcome to all my seeing him.

Forever.

I'm glad (for you, obviously, as I wish my experiences him with had been entirely positive -- got enough bad stuff to deal with) that you and I have had such divergent experiences regarding him. And maybe bad experiences I've had with him, and know of with him with others, in person and online are atypical.
    While I admit some vague curiosity, I think maybe this thread is not the greatest place to hash out your feelings about DocCathode.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Excalibre
    While I admit some vague curiosity, I think maybe this thread is not the greatest place to hash out your feelings about DocCathode.
    Well, I have remained vague regarding the genesis of my feelings about him due to off-board issues, and where I have not remained vague regarding my feelings due to other-board matters, that situation was a big ol' hairy deal (heh) on the other board, and fairly open to public consumption, so to speak.

And your tiff with RedFury does not inspire confidence re: refraining from hashing out anything

Registered
    Feb 2009

[to lighten the mood]Hey-how about Jack Dean Tyler!!! [/to lighten the mood]
    "At Pottery Barn, if you knock over a lamp, you have to glue it back together, even if when you're done it looks terrible and it doesn't work. Oh, and you have to stay in the store forever. Oh, and it's an exploding lamp. "
    -Stephen Colbert

aka ivan the not-quite-as-terrible ivan astikov's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I revel in the label of "weird". I just pretend it means "Renaissance Man" and act all flattered!
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

They deleted all his posts awhile back, they killed everything older than 2002.

Just think. The world will never know all the important things he had to say. About how he could tell how much women liked to have sex with him, because they laid perfectly still, didn't moan, and never bragged about it to their friends.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

They deleted all his posts awhile back, they killed everything older than 2002.

Just think. The world will never know all the important things he had to say. About how he could tell how much women liked to have sex with him, because they laid perfectly still, didn't moan, and never bragged about it to their friends.
    I think Jerry managed to restore most of the old data he had removed. Now the problem is a cranky search engine.

Registered
    Feb 2009

He actually declared all that in public?

Must have been like therapy for him!
    To sleep, perchance to experience amygdalocortical activation and prefrontal deactivation.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by ivan astikov

You see, he had a foolproof scheme to pleasure the ladies.

It involved resting his uncircumcised penis on their vulvas, and allowing the foreskin to gently pleasure their clitorises.

Also, I'm not kidding. This is actually what he said.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Well, that and circumcision creates rapists, murderers, child molestors, etc.
    "At Pottery Barn, if you knock over a lamp, you have to glue it back together, even if when you're done it looks terrible and it doesn't work. Oh, and you have to stay in the store forever. Oh, and it's an exploding lamp. "
    -Stephen Colbert

Registered
    Mar 2009

I have to give another shout-out to Gonzomax and Ralph124c. They both ooze ignorance and inability to put together a coherent thought so similarly, I'd swear they were socks of each if it weren't for the facts that I don't think they're smart enough to get away with it, and they post from complete opposite sides of the political spectrum. And that thing Ralph always does 9you know, the one that's really annoying) is kind of unique to him.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

It involved resting his uncircumcised penis on their vulvas, and allowing the foreskin to gently pleasure their clitorises.
    [Ben Stein Monotone]

oh do me big boy

[/BSM]
    I reserve the right to be bothered by things that don't faze you,
    and to cheerfully ignore things that bug the shit out of you.
    I am not you.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hmmm... tres interesting. Do you know if he had a newsletter I could subscribe to?

You can never know too many tricks in how to pleasure our lady friends.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'll just say that the one that I hoped I'd never have to cross paths is already here and has been welcomed with open arms. Well, it is what it is.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by JavaMaven
    I'll just say that the one that I hoped I'd never have to cross paths is already here and has been welcomed with open arms. Well, it is what it is.
    Sometimes, there's no accounting for taste. You really should try this. No, really. No I insist. No really!
    Not all who wander are lost. -JRRT

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by JavaMaven
    I'm sorry, Ms. Maven, I'll pack my things.

:cue sad music from "The Incredible Hulk" as she hitches a ride to the next message board:

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm sorry, Ms. Maven, I'll pack my things.

:cue sad music from "The Incredible Hulk" as she hitches a ride to the next message board:
    It's definitely not you. Come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Hooray!

I have this sort of morbid curiosity to see the old crazies like BerylMooncalf and ThaiDog come back. But I don't think it's likely, any more than Aldebaran or december (less crazy posters) returning.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I started reading here from the bottom, and at Excalibre's quote, I knew exactly who'd been brought up.

I'm hoping Joe_Cool doesn't come here, though having Jersey Diamond -- who apparently is gay and came out to Esprix a while back -- would be interesting to say the least.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm hoping Joe_Cool doesn't come here, though having Jersey Diamond -- who apparently is gay and came out to Esprix a while back -- would be interesting to say the least.
    Seconded on Jersey Diamond, if only to hear the backstory on that one.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Pixiesnix
    Seconded on Jersey Diamond, if only to hear the backstory on that one.
    Best of luck with that.

It's probably in a friends-locked entry in his livejournal, meaning Google's spiders aren't touching it.

It's from 2006 at the earliest (back when I was reading livejournal like I used to read the other board), but thankfully probably more like 2007.

So to get at the entry, I'd have to go back through all of his f-locked posts from 2006 and 2007, even the ones with cut tags on them, and that'd take a while. Esprix was a pretty reliable LJ contributor.

And then I'd have something he posted for his friends, not for one of his friends to post on a message board more than a year later.

So I've told you what I remember for sure, which in hindsight was probably unwise. (I'm not a fan of outing people no matter how ... pesky they've been.) And for all I know, someone stole JD's e-mail password and did reckless things with the account.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Hooray!

I have this sort of morbid curiosity to see the old crazies like BerylMooncalf and ThaiDog come back. But I don't think it's likely, any more than Aldebaran or december (less crazy posters) returning.
    I don't think having Aldebaran back would be such a good idea -- after being booted from the Dope, he joined up at Fathom and manged to get himself banned from there for the same sort of spittle-flecked meltdowns. And Fathom hardly ever bans people.
    "Dude, your statistical average, which was already in the toilet, just took a plunge into the Earth's mantle." ~ iampunha

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by EddyTeddyFreddy
    Hooray!

I don't think having Aldebaran back would be such a good idea -- after being booted from the Dope, he joined up at Fathom and manged to get himself banned from there for the same sort of spittle-flecked meltdowns. And Fathom hardly ever bans people.
    I think attitudes in the US have finally changed enough that people don't support ideas like "The War on Terror" as a reflex.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Julie
    I think attitudes in the US have finally changed enough that people don't support ideas like "The War on Terror" as a reflex.
    Well, maybe people who HATE AMERICA don't support the war on terror. You don't HATE AMERICA, do you, Julie? WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Well, maybe people who HATE AMERICA don't support the war on terror. You don't HATE AMERICA, do you, Julie? WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?!
    I'm morally opposed to waves of shining grain.

Registered
    Mar 2009

True dat. But Aldebaran wasn't getting gigged at Fathom over that, in fact people were bending over backwards to be nice to him. He dragged the crazy into discussions and kept hammering at it until it became intolerable.

I was hella disappointed because I was sad to see him banned at the Dope and welcomed him to Fathom. But he really did shoot himself in the foot, calf, knee, midthigh, and gut.
    "Dude, your statistical average, which was already in the toilet, just took a plunge into the Earth's mantle." ~ iampunha

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

True dat. But Aldebaran wasn't getting gigged at Fathom over that, in fact people were bending over backwards to be nice to him. He dragged the crazy into discussions and kept hammering at it until it became intolerable.

I was hella disappointed because I was sad to see him banned at the Dope and welcomed him to Fathom. But he really did shoot himself in the foot, calf, knee, midthigh, and gut.
    Some questions, if you don't mind:

1) How active was he at FFF before he got banned from the other board?

2) How soon after he got banned at the other board did he start posting more at FFF?

3) Did it start off slow and then get worse gradually, then spike, or was it just one little thing (so to speak) that just was too much, finally?

4) Anything else remarkable about it?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Hate:
    Dr.Deth - He's just a pedantic moron.
    neutronstar - I remember he wasn't so bad but he's been nothing but a threadshitter for a while.

Hope show up:
    Boyo Jim - funny guy, clever posts.
    Diogenes the Cynic - I like his honesty. I never got the hate for the guy.

Back from the Dead:
    Anastaseon - A bit of a one-trick pony with the whole nympho angle but penis must ensue once again.
    Master Wang-Ka - Loved his fake stories.
    Aldebaran - You can't deny it wouldn't be... entertaining.

Also, ivan astikov is a burglar? 'Ask The' thread time.

MOON GIRL FIGHTS CRIME Myrnalene's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Batman
    Diogenes the Cynic - I like his honesty. I never got the hate for the guy.
    He is here, registered under Ken S. , I believe.
    everything in nature is sort of gross when you look at it too closely. what is an apple? basically the uterus of a tree - terrifel

Registered
    Mar 2009

Some questions, if you don't mind:

1) How active was he at FFF before he got banned from the other board?

2) How soon after he got banned at the other board did he start posting more at FFF?

3) Did it start off slow and then get worse gradually, then spike, or was it just one little thing (so to speak) that just was too much, finally?

4) Anything else remarkable about it?
    (1) He was respectably active, in fact he modded a mafia game.

(2) I think it was fairly soon, certainly not more than a month if I recall correctly.

(3) He did fine in the fun forums but in the political forum he was already going over the Fathom line fairly soon, I think within two or three weeks. People tried to reason with him for a while and he'd dial it back, but then he'd ramp up again, and it became apparent fairly quickly that the enraged ranter we saw at the Dope was an essential part of his character, not just an extreme he was pushed into by fights at the Dope.

(4) Unfortunately, the remarkable thing about it to me -- who'd thought he got a raw deal at the SDMB and hoped he'd be happy at Fathom -- was how unremarkably different from his Dope persona he turned out to be. Pity; when he wasn't off on an anti-American tirade he was quite enjoyable and engaging.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

So I've told you what I remember for sure, which in hindsight was probably unwise. (I'm not a fan of outing people no matter how ... pesky they've been.) And for all I know, someone stole JD's e-mail password and did reckless things with the account.
    Sorry, didn't mean to overstep any bounds. It's just such a stunning turn of events that my natural noseyness comes out.

Yikes. Guess it's for the best he's not here, then. 'Tis a shame, I had kinda hoped he had mellowed over time and maybe with Bush out of office.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I can't think of any specific poster - I tended to stay out of confrontations.

But I will ignore every cocksucker who uses us as a google substitute.

"Um, hi guys! I've lurked for like a week, and I have an opinion question here. What's the formula for the circumference of a circle?"

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG GHHHHHHHHHHHH!

ETA : Added 2 Rs and a G

Joe

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Wheresgeorge04
    I can't think of any specific poster - I tended to stay out of confrontations.

But I will ignore every cocksucker who uses us as a google substitute.

"Um, hi guys! I've lurked for like a week, and I have an opinion question here. What's the formula for the circumference of a circle?"

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG GHHHHHHHHHHHH!

ETA : Added 2 Rs and a G

Joe
    I agree with you but that is also the perfect formula. Ignore them, other posters will answer anyway. Some of us can't help ourselves and enjoy the occasional softball. They're not worth getting annoyed at and won't cause any harm. Of course gentle little nudges about how the answer was googled wouldn't hurt either.

Registered
    Feb 2009

But if any nitwits start giving WRONG answers and smugly smirking that google is someone's friend, I declare all-out war.

I asked a GQ once about Pandora. They used a word I'd never heard in a weird way. Someone went to the dictionary, found the root words, pasted them together, then told me that was the answer and that the dictionary was my friend. Well, the dictionary might be, but a fucking idiot who can't even comprehend the question isn't!

*pant pant*

Okay, I'm over that.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by ivan astikov

You see, he had a foolproof scheme to pleasure the ladies.

Also, I'm not kidding. This is actually what he said.
    You're slightly mistaken.

The EVIL JEWISH DOCTORS STOLE HIS FORESKIN!!!

He stretched out the remaining skin to make a foreskin substitute (with Tug-Ahoytm) but if he hadn't been mutilated at birth, he could have pleasured them even more!!!

And you're right---you can't make this crap up.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Hentor the Barbarian
    I apologize for using language that offended you. I would hate that people think this typical of me. Having been scolded, I will endeavor not to use such language again. I hope you strive to do the same.

Of course, there is a board that is currently flourishing whose only problem is a crackdown on offensive language, so what's the difference now?
    If someone I know is homophobic deserves to be insulted, I'll use similar words against them, even though I have nothing against homosexuality in any way. I think the purpose of an insult is to anger the insulted, not say something about your own personal morality. One of the best ways to piss off a large percentage of the population is to imply they are a homosexual, so I'll do that on occasion. It may not be very logical or sensitive, but that's me.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Badtz Maru
    One of the best ways to piss off a large percentage of the population is to imply they are a homosexual, so I'll do that on occasion. It may not be very logical or sensitive, but that's me.
    Thanks for the warning. Should I ever see you say something's gay or that someone is a faggot, I will know the homophobe is not you but someone else.

Or something.

Elephant
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I've always found the best way, in person at least, to turn around homophobic insults is to wink and make a kissy face at them. Drives 'em nuts. The only possible downside is that if they're "macho" enough, they may try to resort to violence. Of course, if they do react strongly to it, then from that moment on, I have their number.

At 46, I'm secure enough in my sexuality that I'm not bothered by someone implying that I might be gay.
    I reserve the right to be bothered by things that don't faze you,
    and to cheerfully ignore things that bug the shit out of you.
    I am not you.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Badtz Maru
    One of the best ways to piss off a large percentage of the population is to imply they are a homosexual, so I'll do that on occasion. It may not be very logical or sensitive, but that's me.
    Thanks for the warning. Should I ever see you say something's gay or that someone is a faggot, I will know the homophobe is not you but someone else.

Or something.
    Do you get mad when "acting white" is used as part of an insult (n/a if you are not white)? I don't.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by NinetyWt
    Quote Originally posted by Cerowyn
    I'm undoubtedly prejudiced 'cause I know him IRL, but TokyoPlayer is actually a pretty good guy. He went through a horrendous ordeal, and spammed a bit on the Dope, but compared to the vast majority of dickweeds there, I hardly think he rates a mention here.
    I was trying, in my feeble way, to point out that TP has had some painful things going on which explain why he gushes so over his new baby. In other words, if a person has been paying attention, they'd know why he did so and wouldn't slam him for it.
    I just think you have to be a pretty big douchebag to say, "God, fuck that guy with his dead baby! On and on and on about risky pregnancy! Blah blah blah blah about his beloved baby girl! Makes me want to eat a puppy sandwich!"
    "I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
    -- Terry Pratchett

Registered
    Mar 2009

I started reading here from the bottom, and at Excalibre's quote, I knew exactly who'd been brought up.

I'll see if I can get her here. Letcha know.

Registered
    Mar 2009

As long as your not Canadian or Der Trihs I'm good.

Stegodon
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Rube E. Tewesday
    scumpup -- foul-tempered nut job with a gun fetish -- scary combination
    The jailbird I know, and the bi-polar douchebag I know; but who are you?

+ Reply to thread