+ Reply to thread

Thread: MsRobyn now a moderator

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default MsRobyn now a moderator

After volunteering, MsRobyn is now a moderator. Welcome!

I think three moderators suffices, for now.
    Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur
    D'une langueur Monotone

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Re: MsRobyn now a moderator

Thank you!

I'm on during the day in the US, so if anyone needs anything, let me know.

Robin
    There is more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches. -- Ray Bradbury's "Coda"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Congratulations! May I never have to Pit you for your official actions. :mrgreen:

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It's all good. I've already got the Excel spreadsheet ready to track the Pit scores!

Robin
    There is more than one way to burn a book. And the world is full of people running about with lit matches. -- Ray Bradbury's "Coda"

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by MsRobyn
    It's all good. I've already got the Excel spreadsheet ready to track the Pit scores!
    So, does a pitting count for or against your Moderator Good Conduct Medal?

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

What do you think?

Stegodon
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Well, the best moderation is that which gets no attention, so if a moderator gets pitted, there's been a faiuure somewhere.

But probably the next best moderation is where, if the mod gets pitted, you have otrherr coming into the thread to support the mod's action.

(And almost the worst is what's going on at the SDMB, where a lot of the regulars are united in pitting the moderation -- but that's not the worst, because that's where anyone pitting the moderation gets banned, so it appears no one disagrees with the autocracy).

So I'd want to see the quality of moderator-pitting threads before I decided.

Elephant
    Registered
    Feb 2009

One thing that I'm a big believer in is transparency. If I do something, I'll explain why.

For example, I moved a thread from Jibba jabba to the Game and sport forum. The thread seemed to fit better there, and I said so. It's not a big deal, as these things go, but I don't feel good just doing something without at least a basic explanation.

Robin

Registered
    Feb 2009

So whom is the other moderator? I know we've got CRSP, our Dear Leader and benefactor, and now MsRobyn here, who else?

I admit to being a little confused....I'm not seeing mod titles anywhere, although I suspect that is because the board is new and CRSP is still plinking around with it.

Registered
    Feb 2009

danceswithcats, MsRobyn and I are the three moderators. There are currently no titles for moderators. That should be fixed. Right now, you can see who is a moderator by clicking the green "Global moderators" button down at the bottom of the main forum page.
    Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur
    D'une langueur Monotone

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by CRSP
    danceswithcats, MsRobyn and I are the three moderators. There are currently no titles for moderators. That should be fixed. Right now, you can see who is a moderator by clicking the green "Global moderators" button down at the bottom of the main forum page.
    Ah, OK. I wasn't seeing the green button either, but I never jump to the main page. I'm a "view new posts" whore.

+ Reply to thread