+ Reply to thread

Thread: STAR TREK MBTI/ENNEAGRAM FOR ALL!

Registered
    Jul 2013

Default STAR TREK MBTI/ENNEAGRAM FOR ALL!

Inspired by:

I think she was there... I don't think she said or did much. They were all just standing there with annoyed weirded out looks on their faces.
    Well, there goes my "dreams" for tonight. At least that bastard Riker won't...oh no, I said his name...

She's a terrible woman!

Betazoid hybrid my ass.

Meh.

I cannot to be getting the involved with these WareGirl hybrid humans.

Nonetheless, The Wicked Woman was a fine movie.

Do you have any idea what you signed up for, dear?

This is constant sexism and just basically boys talking about stupid movies and historico-literary factoids.

But, that's why I like it here.
    I kind of like Riker. However, when he shows his serious strict side towards officers of inferior rank, I feel an underlying resentment towards him. I know maybe it's wrong. I kind of am a Worf x Troi shipper even if it came out of nowhere. I'm just biased towards that Kilingon and he's my favorite character. *Gets pelted with tomatoes.* I am a strange child.

I like Troi, kind of how she is kind but has her limits to her patience. I actually see a bit of myself in her especially in her interactions with her mom. I think she's an INFJ maybe a 1w2, 2w1, or a 9w1. I saw an MBTI Star Trek thing type Troi as an ISFJ though and I think I've seen people type her as INFP. Out of those, maybe ISFJ is more accurate than INFP because ISFJs have fe, INFPs have fi. A lot of people think that I should accept 9w1 as my type. I guess I have a lot of traits but I mostly waffle between 5w4 and 4w5. I relate to the 5 description a lot I know that she is pretty polarizing though. Maybe it's wrong that I was thinking of making Troi my Avatar on the personality site, I'm not kidding. I think her mother could be an ESFJ.

Well, I am glad that I can be here and involved in the community.
    Hmmm.....this being a predominantly-male board, most discussions have naturally tended towards Montalban's man-bosoms in KHAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!!.

However, this is an interesting development.

I have indeed become familiar with Marina Sirtis's work(s).

And I do not have the knowledge with which to charact BOOOBIIIEEESS ... characterize her character.

I invite some further discussion on the..........BBOOOOOOBIES!!!!!!!!!!....matter.

In such a way that won't offend anyone.

///////////

C'mon. OK, I can see ladies' man Riker, yeah but the ladies aren't talking about a zucchini strapped to his leg.

Even Picard, what was.... Stewart when he played him, in his mid-late 40s?

Sure, those can be good sex dolls for people, I guess.

But DEAAAAAAAAAAAAANA troi.

I want to see a good enneagram analysis of Troi. SIRTIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But not in one big ¶, cause I can't understand it that much.

Little bits at a time, so I can follow.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Counselor Troi did spend too much time, esp. early on, telling Picard obvious things about the aliens they encountered, but I liked her, all in all. She grew as a character and was certainly always easy on the eyes.

Sirtis was in the Granada TV Sherlock Holmes episode "The Six Napoleons," as it happens, playing a young Italian woman, not long before being cast in ST:TNG. Look for her at 1:28 and 49:08 here:

Registered
    Mar 2018

xD

Jean-Luc Picard- INTJ (I've seen people type him as INFJ but I see him as an INTJ over an INFJ)

Deanna Troi- INFJ 1w2

Worf- ISFJ 8w9 or maybe 1w9

Wesley Crusher- xNFP... Maybe ENFP 9w1

Beverly Crusher- ISFJ 2w3

Will Riker- ExFP 8w7

Data- ENTP 5w4

Giordi- ENFP 6w7

TOS:

James Tiberius Kirk- ESTP 8w7

Spock- ISTJ 5w6

Leonard Bones Mccoy- ISFJ 2w1

Pavel Chekov- ENFP 7w8

Hikaru Sulu- INTP 4w5

Scotty- ESTx 2w1

Uhura- ISFx
    Last edited by Froody Blue Gem; 04 Jun 2018 at 09:11 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Picard! INTJ for the win!

At least one of his names isn't synonymous with the beginning of Roman debauchery.

I'm happy that you don't count Spock (sorry, it's pronounced "Spaaaahck!!!!") as an INTJ as some others have. I think the stereotype meme falls down around INTJ at that point -- his position as, essentially, a natural scientist, I think excludes him from the dream-like analogy-riddled frame for the reasoning of the INTJ. I approve of the "S" in there.

AND Mccoy == Worf, except for behavioral tendencies. I can see that .

Registered
    Mar 2018

Quote Originally posted by Jizzelbin View post
    Picard! INTJ for the win!

At least one of his names isn't synonymous with the beginning of Roman debauchery.

I'm happy that you don't count Spock (sorry, it's pronounced "Spaaaahck!!!!") as an INTJ as some others have. I think the stereotype meme falls down around INTJ at that point -- his position as, essentially, a natural scientist, I think excludes him from the dream-like analogy-riddled frame for the reasoning of the INTJ. I approve of the "S" in there.

AND Mccoy == Worf, except for behavioral tendencies. I can see that .
    Well, I guess that INFJs can appear kind of cold or not too warm in some cases. Somehow, I see te over fe for Picard though. I do like him a lot but somehow I'm not 100% sure I see him as a feeler.

Spock is very intelligent but he kind of takes things literally, maybe a bit by the book in some cases so maybe si over ni for him. He also doesn't really get figures of speech and earth culture. I guess this can be attributed to being a Vulcan but I see this as falling into sensor territory. Maybe I'm hypocritical because I've thought of typing Kif from Futurama as an N and he was originally a parody of Spock but then took on a character of his own. Kif is definitely an F and not a T though but I see his S vs. N as kind of blurred especially depending on the episode.

I've seen some people type work as ISTJ. I guess that kind of works but even though he is calm and stoic, I kind of see him as acting on his emotions over logic.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally posted by Froody Blue Gem View post
    Well, I guess that INFJs can appear kind of cold or not too warm in some cases. Somehow, I see te over fe for Picard though. I do like him a lot but somehow I'm not 100% sure I see him as a feeler.
    Yeah, to the extent I know of Trek lore, I see Picard as a pragmatic man whose intuition and inner morality compel him to act, rather than being primarily a (ham) actor or agent.

And yet, you dodge the question of why Kirk's middle name is "Tiberius," the emperor sort of...when one wants to say "bad Rome," one says "Rome after Tiberius."

Registered
    Mar 2018

Yeah, to the extent I know of Trek lore, I see Picard as a pragmatic man whose intuition and inner morality compel him to act, rather than being primarily a (ham) actor or agent.

And yet, you dodge the question of why Kirk's middle name is "Tiberius," the emperor sort of...when one wants to say "bad Rome," one says "Rome after Tiberius."

I was kind of wondering why that was his middle name. I remember in the newer movie, I think it mentioned that it was the name of Kirk's grandfather. Of course, that was an alternate timeline so I'm not sure if that's completely canon for the original series.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I was kind of wondering why that was his middle name. I remember in the newer movie, I think it mentioned that it was the name of Kirk's grandfather. Of course, that was an alternate timeline so I'm not sure if that's completely canon for the original series.
    Of course!

But still, you have no opinion of who kicks more ass: Picard or Kirk?

I find that hard to believe.

Registered
    Mar 2018

Of course!

But still, you have no opinion of who kicks more ass: Picard or Kirk?

I find that hard to believe.
    I actually prefer Picard over Kirk but Kirk is definitely the fighter of the two. However, Picard is definitely the more intellectual and not so much an away team man, more loyal to prime directive.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah, but I think if Picard decided to terminate an enemy, it would be with extreme prejudice, and permanently.

Whatever little robot monkey alien Kirk fights would probably just awaken with a slight concussion and take over the Enterprise, pulling Kirk's girdle up over his head while mocking him.

Registered
    Mar 2018

Yeah, but I think if Picard decided to terminate an enemy, it would be with extreme prejudice, and permanently.

Whatever little robot monkey alien Kirk fights would probably just awaken with a slight concussion and take over the Enterprise, pulling Kirk's girdle up over his head while mocking him.
    I do know that Picard can definitely be stubborn.

xD Even if Kirk was the fighter of the two, he is quite hammy. I guess with Picard if he ever had to show violence, it was more believable but Kirk being the fighter is in his character.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I do know that Picard can definitely be stubborn.

xD Even if Kirk was the fighter of the two, he is quite hammy. I guess with Picard if he ever had to show violence, it was more believable but Kirk being the fighter is in his character.

Yeah, that's true.

But what counts in a fight?

Winning, and making sure the opponent never gets up.

I think Kirk left a lot of loose ends -- besides, he got killed by Malcolm fucking McDowell.

However, Kirk did have the advantage of being a bit reckless and unpredictable, and swift to action.

So, he can go beat up some third-graders, here and there, while Picard directs the many, vicious battles on Earth for victory over noise.

Registered
    Sep 2009

In the foreword to the Star Trek: The Motion Picture novelization, Gene Roddenberry wrote that the Emperor Tiberius was a historical figure admired by Kirk's father IIRC.

Registered
    Mar 2018

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    In the foreword to the Star Trek: The Motion Picture novelization, Gene Roddenberry wrote that the Emperor Tiberius was a historical figure admired by Kirk's father IIRC.
    I might have to check that novelization out. That would make sense as far as TOS goes. I kind of thought that Emperor Tiberius may have had an influence on his name, even in canon but I wasn't sure.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Well, I didn't go back to Suetonius (highly politically-motivated set of thumbnail sketches of the "big" emperors of Roman), but just flipping through some stuff, it does seem Tiberius's one "sin" was being a kind of absentee landlord type, who allowed by inattention bad shit to start to happen.

No, I really don't know much about ancient Roman history, but perhaps it's meant to be some kind of Œdipal, fight the father, do the opposite thing for Kirk.

But, I don't know. The river Tiber. I don't know.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Never let it be said that James Tiberius Kirk aka TJ Hooker didn't rock out with his cock out.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally posted by https://zombiesintelligently.com/non-fiction/myers-briggs/
    Imagine an ant, a tiny little worthless animal who does exactly what its superiors say. That is an ISTJ, that is. They often switch between three expressions to maintain a notion of humanity but really, they cannot be counted as human. If you try to have a conversation with an ISTJ, you will be disappointed, for ISTJs do not have conversations. They recite scripture, or they tell you of their routine, or they argue with you, but they do not have conversations.
    In all my travels, I've never, met, anyone quite, so, human.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Data- ENTP 5w4
    Wait just a damned minute!

He's more machine than man!

Can he even have a personality type or an enneagram?

Maybe with his emotion chip, but IIRC he didn't like it too much. Plus, couldn't hold his liquor and wasn't so good with the jokes.

Hmmmm.

Yeah, you just made my list, Froody — I'll be keeping an eye on you.

+ Reply to thread