+ Reply to thread

Thread: Mellophant's Future

Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Mellophant's Future

Hey folks.

I am wildly out of the loop here, so I'm not sure who is still around in all. I know things have dwindled to a small core crew at this point. Even though I'm no longer involved here, I want to make sure as long as you guys want this place you have it. So I'm here for now just to make sure that happens and whatever is needed (new admins or otherwise) gets done.

Jizzelbin contacted me this morning and with his generous help we got (several hours later) the site up and running again.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I would definitely like to keep it going. Thanks, Zuul! Great to have you back.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hey, Zuul. I thought we were done for sure. I'm not up to admin work, but if any financial backing is necessary, let me know.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I think I've found a great (and low cost) option for hosting, so I'm hoping at the end of the month I can get the site moved over to my friend's server and financial backing won't be necessary at all. If it works out, Mello will be able to chug away there for the foreseeable future. I'll keep you all updated!
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Just quick update, I got an e-mail from the hosting saying a new invoice just came in.

Based on the new info from Zuul (who is great and surprisingly not at all a typical forum geek chatting in private, more like an actual person ), I'm going to hold off on this one and knock wood see what happens.

Zuul is pretty cool! Especially considering she doesn't really use the site anymore, that's damned admirable. Me, I just wanted to keep using PMs and maybe save an archive to local disk, so I'm just a selfish bastard.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Thanks for the update. Yeah, Zuul is about as cool as they come.

And keep in mind, if there's a delay in the moving the site thing, I'm prepared to help with the finances.

Registered
    Sep 2009

As am I.

+ Reply to thread