+ Reply to thread

Thread: the NEW funny CARTOON thread...eh, omnibus, whatever

Registered
    Jul 2013

Default the NEW funny CARTOON thread...eh, omnibus, whatever

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/326229566749800161/

Yeah, I was looking for another francophone Canadien comic which was pretty funny, about how women get the short end in day-to-day inconveniences.

Pinterest is basically impossible to find shit on.

But, this one is sort of amusing.

For non-French-understanders, "P TASSE" is not very polite if you say it out loud....that;s sort of the one joke there. The rest is not that important if you don't get it -- just a couple of bitches hollering.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Calvin & Hobbes, complete collection.

'nuff said.

Registered
    Sep 2009

C&H is great, and I also like The Far Side. A favorite: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m8z0LDxt1q...ntain_goat.jpg

Registered
    Jul 2013

Well, of course the gold standard is Calvin pissing on a Ford chevron.

Never mind, I love C&H as well.

I'm just getting frustrated by trying to find stuff from pinterest. I guess that's why ur supposed to "pin" it to your wall. Well, color me stupid.

Oh, BTW, that's not a very funny comic I linked to -- sort of like "those whacky pet owners but they're like people!" Meh.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Tom the Dancing Bug is also good: http://www.gocomics.com/tomthedancingbug/1998/01/04

Registered
    Jul 2013

Here's some random ones from trying to find that one I was looking for.

Apologies that they're all in French -- it's really not on purpose, just sort of the only comics "page"/"pin"/"board" or whatever it's called that I know of. I don't know how I found this one, it's just the first page that showed up when I first started doing pinterest. I'll try to translate as good as I can, but I don't think I'll have the energy to do every single line, just the gist of it.

They're pretty stupid, but kind of cute.

Day of a man, day of a woman in emoticons -- kind of mean-spirited and sexist

Kind of a cute LONG cartoon by...no doubt some woman who has thought WAY too much about menstruation -- I'm not going to translate all of it, anyway it's pretty self-explanatory

Also kind of a cute one about how you do when you've been friends with someone for 10 years -- a lot of text I don't feel like translating all of it

Also kind of a cute "cowboy wisdom" one about how brilliant women managed to get that way and what they deal with -- a LOT of text, there's just no way I can take the time to translate all of it....I will if requested

This one made me chuckle -- just a joke: "If a cop asks me "Papers!" and I respond "Scissors!" I win, right?"

OK here's one in English -- just a joke about Groundhog Day. Mildly amusing.

AND for the mathophobic
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 10 Apr 2018 at 05:57 AM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

is the classic Robot Chicken sketch by Sam "Voice of Beef" Elliot about "white wine."

I happen to pretty much only drink white wine and beer, unless it's time to bring out the whiskey (which, honestly, is probably never that great an idea for me).

And yes, I buy it in a 5L box made by Franzia.

Between that and my pumice stone, I think I might have been body-switched with somebody's grandmother.

IN MY DEFENSE: white wine doesn't stain your teeth, has basically no odor on your breath, and looks pretty much like one of those sports-energy drinks in a plastic bottle.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I don't think ever known less of what goes on in a comic strip than in this, for example, called "Questionable Content."

Yes, I spent about half an hour flipping through and I see it is about robots and their human analogs, who are grotesques of human desires and fulfillments compared to the robots' rather rich and varied inner worlds.

I find that whoever wrote the dialogue has a pretty good ear for dialogue, and, while the visual drawings are a mixed bag of childish mockeries and juvenile titillations, I'll allow it to continue.

Mostly I just want to see the hot robot chick get her muff pounded, and see what she has to say about that.

A-/B+. Pretty amusing, lots of filler, nerd-pandering, but above average in adult sentiment and reasonable dialogue, which explains the upper grade possibility. 3.5.

Oh, and ETA, for reference, "Andy Capp" gets a solid 2.0, same as "Blondie."

No, I can't explain why: my method of assigning letter grades is somewhat capricious and disordered.

"Mark Trail" and "Prince Valiant" both are 0.7, whereas "Peanuts" sruggles by with a 1.3, buoyed solely by the fanfic contributions of Vince Guaraldi.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 25 May 2019 at 11:28 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Here's an example by "Natalie Dee," one of the co-"writer/pod-blogger"s behind Garbage Brain University.

Somewhat amusing.

Registered
    Jul 2013

This is the most horrible thing I've ever seen in my life. Paintings and drawings by convicted serial killers.

I'm pretty sure I've seen it before, at least some of them, but it is absolutely terrifying.

DON'T click on that. It is, AFAICT, Safe-For-Work (SFW), but it's not safe for your imaginative life.

Here.

Have a nice NatalieDee comic to cheer you up.

Registered
    Jul 2013

All right, I can't resist.

No matter how many times I see this NatalieDee comic, I can't stop laughing.

Yeah, let me think about tidying up my domicile. Just first I need a spoonfull of donwannamax.

+ Reply to thread