+ Reply to thread

Thread: 9 Years........

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default 9 Years........

Well, whatta you know. Despite message boards in general dying a slow death, our little one is still, sorta, hanging on. Will we make it to a decade? Tune in next year, if you can.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

We're not dead yet! Only mostly dead.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I'm pinin' for the fjords, meself....

Registered
    Mar 2009

Wow. Nine years.

Since the last time I dropped in here, my best friend and one of our former posters Marsilia was diagnosed with cancer. (That was right around the time you last sent me a PM, Elendil's Heir. I apologize for never getting back to you, but life was crazy.) As hard as it was, I consider it a blessing that I got to nurse her through the last weeks of her life and be there to hold her hand. I don't know if many people here still remember her, but coming back here today to get the site back up and seeing ancient posts from her was like a punch to the gut. Time marches brutally.

On the lighter side, I also got married. He went by RabbitMage around these parts. We've moved quite a bit and might have another move in us soon, but hopefully we'll be able to settle in somewhere and be really boring soon.

I truly hope everybody who's still around is doing okay.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

My kids are now adults. Youngest will be graduating High School this month. My job situation has changed again, the job is not great but the pay is good and the commute is fairly good. Hope I can put up with it for about 8 years or so.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Ah, I'm glad you and RabbitMage tied the knot. He always adored you so much.

My kid is graduating High School this month, too. I am starting to think way too much about retirement, which is still almost six years away. So much has changed, but it's nice that our strange little board can still exist for a while.

+ Reply to thread