+ Reply to thread

Thread: Gun control question

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Apr 2015

Default Gun control question

Obviously the USA needs serious gun control. The way I would describe the type of guns I would outlaw is,"Ban any gun you need 2 hands to use." Is there a more rational/coherent way to describe these weapons?

Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm not sure I understand. That would involve banning sporting rifles and shotguns, while permitting handguns. I don't know of anybody else who advocates that.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Apr 2015

Rube: my position is fundamentally "ban any weapon no civilian needs".

Registered
    Feb 2009

But what I am saying is that "guns that require two hands" doesn't do that. The kinds of shotguns and rifles that are used by farmers and duck hunters and such like require two hands. At the same time, a .45 automatic pistol, which honestly doesn't have a whole lot of civilian use, only requires one. I think maybe you're suggesting assault weapons: like rapid fire weapons with large magazine capacities?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Apr 2015

Exactly what I mean Rube! . I'm not enough of a "gun person" to adequately explain what type of guns I want banned. I know it's condescending to say this but: "we have these things called supermarkets", which I'd aim towards hunters.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Erictelevision View post
    Obviously the USA needs serious gun control. The way I would describe the type of guns I would outlaw is,"Ban any gun you need 2 hands to use." Is there a more rational/coherent way to describe these weapons?
    There is no rational way to call for gun bans of any kind. And anyone who learns to use a handgun is taught to fire it with both hands.
    Political correctness will be the death of our country.

+ Reply to thread