+ Reply to thread

Thread: Jack Chick is Dead!!!!!!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Jack Chick is Dead!!!!!!

Gone at 92, thus proving only the good die young.
    Chick Publications, publisher of the infamous Chick Tracts, announced that the man who gave them their name, died on Sunday evening, aged 92.
    In celebration of his passing, I present a parody comic that so upset Chick, he threated to sue the artist. Eaten First!
    Proud member of the '09 Phanters! K.I.L.L. S.M.U.R.F.S.
    Have you ever wondered if your mom kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob? You are now. "To be second in space is to be second in everything," LBJ

Registered
    Sep 2009

The cartoonist probably has this license plate: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blo...3be0a3aee9.jpg

I vaguely remember Chick Tracts from my college days. Surprised the guy was still alive.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Still encounter the tracts sometimes, left in the subway and suchlike. Incredibly persistent.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

A very photogenic Spanish lad on one of Dublin's main shopping thoroughfares gave me one recently. First time I had seen one in the wild.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I haven't seen them since the 80s. No clue this moron was still around. I recall one rant about D&D and how evil it was and inspired by horribly anti-christian writers like Tolkien & Lewis. Stuck with me due to how amazingly misinformed Chick was about the pair.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit? View post
    I haven't seen them since the 80s. No clue this moron was still around. I recall one rant about D&D and how evil it was and inspired by horribly anti-christian writers like Tolkien & Lewis. Stuck with me due to how amazingly misinformed Chick was about the pair.
    Clearly you live in a more civilized part of the world than I.
    Proud member of the '09 Phanters! K.I.L.L. S.M.U.R.F.S.
    Have you ever wondered if your mom kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob? You are now. "To be second in space is to be second in everything," LBJ

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Tuckerfan View post
    Quote Originally posted by What Exit? View post
    Clearly you live in a more civilized part of the world than I.
    Well to be fair, despite our negative reputation (well deserved in many cases) New Jersey is actually one of the most educated states with one of the top household incomes. Don't know if there is statistics for, but I believe we are one the least prone states to evangelical style religion.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hmm, according to this site: http://www.pewforum.org/religious-la...al-protestant/

New Jersey does have one of the lowest percentages of Evangelicals at 13%. Some of our southern states are around 50%.

+ Reply to thread