+ Reply to thread

Thread: So, today

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default So, today

I ordered and paid for a hamburger with my phone. Which, sure, welcome to the present, Pops, but it still made me happy that I'm doing better than the Jetsons.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I have a friend who often buys coffee with his smartphone's Starbucks prepaid account app.

I still want jetpacks, world peace, a Republic of Humanity and colonies on the Moon, though....

Registered
    Jul 2013

What is this sorcery?

The phone-man consorts with demons!

Registered
    Mar 2018

It's great to be able to get instant food. Then again, I am a big food person. I like how in some places, they have kiosks and you don't have to order from a human. Of course, I am grateful for the humans who do bring the food but I am prone to stumbling over my words. I love people but I am very awkward interacting with humans, even though I am one.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally posted by Froody Blue Gem View post
    It's great to be able to get instant food. Then again, I am a big food person. I like how in some places, they have kiosks and you don't have to order from a human. Of course, I am grateful for the humans who do bring the food but I am prone to stumbling over my words. I love people but I am very awkward interacting with humans, even though I am one.
    All right, there's nothing wrong with that.

But when your buddies are lying face-down in the muck in Vietnam, you'll be glad to order from humans! Cold rat meat, hot dog, whatever you want!

I think I don't go out to eat very often because it just adds more complication -- sure, it's not hard to say, "two eggs, fried, over hard, wheat toast, bacon, potatoes." But it's an extra step. Pint of Pabst, and fill it to the brim, please.

That's easy.

Well, it's all easy.

I think that's why I prefer fast-food or just "cooking" for myself at home.

I don't get the appeal of "eating out"

Eh, you know what I mean.

+ Reply to thread