+ Reply to thread

Thread: The new post good stuff about poetry and stuff, prefer new, but about other people

Registered
    Jul 2013

Default The new post good stuff about poetry and stuff, prefer new, but about other people

I just found this gem, which is new to me, and I think it's about time to start thinking about stuff with words again.

True to my thoughts, the only stuff I packed in my little shoulder bag (besides some sheet music, because I have brain damage so shut up, and some articles about stuff) is my OCT of Horace.

Yeah, I don't like the Marilyn Monroe bullshit on the link I pasted, especially, but it's exciting to me that people are still making noise.

My contribution: you little pink quivering male suffragettes. Make a quote or do something, you jackass fucking pigs.

Registered
    Jul 2013

A friend shared this poem today, calling it "wonderfully clever." I don't know about that, but it's a pretty good read, I guess.

Registered
    Jul 2013

http://www.dalkeyarchive.com/jacques...a-masterpiece/

I fucking will fuck like a pig whatever scumbag doesn't admire Roubaud. Like a damned pig.

Registered
    Jul 2013

http://humanitiesunderground.org/res...an-and-shubha/

For those curious. No, it's not a spam link, just a friend who has something going on in the Western humanist tradition, and a desire to support his colleagues in poetry from a base of Calcutta.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Ye olde Bodleian did this, which is pretty cool, I guess. I seemed to have forgotten about Donne, having sold my Oxford guides to English POetry a long time ago and only having a moldering Anchor Books reprint somewhere remaining.

OK, fine, I guess I'll stop hating librarians. Occasionally they do a slap-shot to the nuts.

Registered
    Jul 2013

पिछले साल मेरी उम्र 65 की थी
    तब मैं क़रीब 50 का रहा होऊँगा
    इस साल मैं 66 का हूँ
    मगर आ गया हूँ गोया 76 के लपेट में

My old officemate shared this publicly. Hindi. It's kind of a nice little thing, I guess. I don't know Hindi, and I don't know Bangla, but I find it rewarding to keep in touch.

ETA oh, FTR, Ben Lerner, *The Hatred of Poetry* is the source. I don't know what the official English text is, but that's how I heard about it, FYI. EETA here's a link to an interview, you click-happy monsters.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 06 Aug 2016 at 03:47 PM.

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

I came here to watch the thread fizzle
    From the nonsensical ravings of Jizzle.
    He's keen on Roubald,
    The rhyming retard,
    And a fuck fuck a fuck yo fo' shizzle.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Crapipo

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

That's not even a word. And you dare lecture us on poetry? Shame on you.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I'm not lecturing you, whitestain! I think I might be functionally retarded, anyway. So who knows. Maybe Mayor McCheese and Oscar the Grouch are having a fight in my head at night and telling me things.

I'm pretty sure someone used the term CraPiPo in one of the anthology essays from one of the more famous OuLiPo authors. All I can find is this link, but I haven't looked at it yet.

ETA, OK, that link is nothing, apparently, just some guy's handle. But I'm 100% sure it's in the literature, at least very close. Crapaud means like a toad in French, anyway, so it's not too outrageous.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 22 Aug 2016 at 06:39 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Well, this guy's blog is pretty damned entertaining.

In a way, he's kind of a poet of mild irritability: part of a long chain of invective against idiots who don't understand Georg Cantor.

Actually, I'm just pleased to see almost correct use of one of my favorite epithets, "idiot."

+ Reply to thread