Closed thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek RPG - Mission #5: "Of Captains and Capos"

Ape must not kill ape! general_urko's avatar
    Registered
    May 2013

"Captain, we just received orders from Adm. Stone to investigate loss of contact with the Federation civil advisory group on Sigma Iotia II. They're 24 hours past their scheduled check in. Orellic is enroute to take our place here. Briefing and paperwork are inbound. Course is laid in but awaiting your order," Graham replies.

I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins prepares her report for the Captain. She also looks up all of the Federation's missions to Sigma Iotia II, from first contact to the most recent CAG, to get a full history of the planet. She wants to be well prepared for any questions.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Rangin soon determines that SI2 is too far away to scan from the Yorktown's current position.

Kylah finds no references to the planet in any recent communications or news items.

Sasok checks his board and says, "I see no particular risk to high-speed warp travel, under the circumstances. The IFSs are multiply-redundant components of the warp drive. But I will check with the Chief Engineer, just to be sure."

Collins begins digging into Starfleet's records on SI2. There's a lot to cover.

After a long pause, the Captain says to Graham, "I see. Thank you, Ensign. Let me have a word with Mr. Cheverez. Stand by."

Registered
    Feb 2009

When Collins sees the volumes of information, she types Summarize the history of SI2, detail only Federation contact. She never did like reading about history. She always preferred fiction.

Registered
    May 2013

Graham wonders at the pause. I'm not exactly Mr. Protocol, but this has been pretty much BCDO-duty-by-the-numbers, he thinks. Maybe Singh has her own way of doing things I just stepped on...

Well, I'm still in the chair...

"Mr. Rangin," Graham says without turning toward him. "Prepare a briefing on SI2 in your area of expertise. Let us know if there are any nasty viruses or dangerous vermin we need to watch out for."

Registered
    Apr 2015

Nia almost smiles in amusement at Sasok's somewhat patronizing response. Yes, I know it's a redundant system, you pointy-eared pedant, I just said it was.

All she says is a smooth, "Exactly, that's what I was thinking too, Mr. Sasok. Considering there've been inexplicable failures in two sensors barely one-fifth into their usual lifespan, we're better safe than sorry. Especially since Captain Singh was concerned enough about the system to leave the Bridge. In my experience, captains of Constitution-class starships don't usually go to such trouble over minor repair work. She may know something we don't--well, that goes without saying; there is a reason she gets the comfy Big Chair."

When she hears Booker's order to Rangin, she turns slightly to take a look at the man currently filling the aforementioned chair and flashes him a very different smile than she would have given Sasok. Good boy. Nice and professional.
    Last edited by SidonianGal; 07 May 2016 at 11:13 AM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

The small Library Computer terminal on Collins's Security console begins compiling post-First Contact data on the planet.

"Understood, Lieutenant," says Sasok, who is already texting Cheverez.

Rangin sees no listing of dangerous diseases or creatures likely to be encountered on SI2. Other than its unusual society, it is a fairly typical Class-M world.

Registered
    May 2013

Graham leans forward a little, his shoulders rising and hunching slightly, each hand enfolding an the edge of an arm of the big chair.

For a moment, he feels the history and weight of the chair and his own scars becoming one.

This is where you wanted to sit. It's a hard place to be...

But it's easier than sitting in your skin every damn day, isn't it?

He knows he's stupid to try to think of something Singh wouldn't have a handle on, something that would give the Yorktown that extra edge that brings everyone home sage at the end of each mission...but he's running through things in his mind...

When he looks up and sees Nia's smile aimed in his direction.

It's...beautiful, for one...

His lips tick upward at the edges--a hint of a smile--and he nods just ever so slightly.

But at the same time his jaw tightens, and he turns away because the burden he feels in his skull, likely expressed in his eyes, doesn't seem the appropriate response.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Singh is on the intercom again. "Stop the ship, Mr. Graham, and stand by. Mr. Cheverez thinks it advisable to run a full diagnostic on all the IFSs before we go to high warp."

Sasok, overhearing, raises an eyebrow and says, "I believe there is your answer, Mr. Onn."

Registered
    Apr 2015

(duplicate post)
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 09 May 2016 at 10:58 AM.

Registered
    Apr 2015

Booker's smile is so minuscule--and his head turns so quickly afterward--that Nia almost wonders whether she imagined his response. Something seems to be troubling him. Her smile wasn't unprofessional, she doesn't think. Not as if I was signalling a prelude to ravishment right on the Bridge floor.

She rolls her eyes mentally at her own thoughts. Probably got nothing to do with me, stop being so self-involved. What's that Earth saying, something about heavy heads wearing crowns? Nia scowls, unable to remember. The point is, maybe Booker's not as comfortable in command as she thought. Could be rusty.

Maybe that's it, she wonders with eyes blinking as if a light has just been turned on. Maybe he's self-conscious. Been out of favor for a while, if I remember his record. Maybe he wants to make the best impression, doesn't want to screw up. Totally understandable.

While vowing privately to help Booker succeed however possible, Nia catches Singh's order. Sasok's comment follows right after, and it's all Nia can do to avoid a smug 'Toldja so' reply. She just nods and, without even needing to double-check thanks to a decade of muscle memory, places her hands on the appropriate spots on her panel.

Since Singh's order was to Booker, not her, she chooses to underscore Booker's authority. "Mr. Graham," she says smoothly. "I'm prepared to reduce speed and disengage the propulsion. Awaiting your command, sir."*

I hope that's right?
    Last edited by SidonianGal; 09 May 2016 at 03:06 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins has been so engrossed in her research, she's only tangentially aware of some of her shipmates' concerns over the engines. She does hear Singh's order, though, and turns to face the center of the Bridge so as to better be connected with what's going on.

Registered
    May 2013

Graham frowns just slightly, a little surprised one stupid part might be such a problem--but then again maybe that's one reason why I was never into engineering...

He then nods to Onn. "Very good, bring 'er to a stop."

Registered
    Apr 2015

"Aye aye, sir," Nia says, and begins the delicate dance required in dropping the ship's speed by bringing down the power level of the engines, an action she coordinates with Sasok, followed by--as soon as it's safe--engaging the reverse thrusters in gentle pulses to slow the ship further.

One can't perform these actions abruptly. Even with the inertial dampers and artificial gravity, jerking a massive starship to a sudden halt (or a relative halt--as any first-year cadet knows, there's no such thing as truly "stopping" a ship's motion, except relative to some specific landmark; Nia chooses the brown dwarf as a convenient point of reference) would cause the universe's worst cases of whiplash on record. And that's only if there were anyone alive to notice any neck pain.

When the process is finished and she can calculate the Yorktown's motion relative to that brown dwarf, Nia will declare the ship, effectively, at full stop.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Aye sir," comes Rangin quiet reply as he starts running through the science logs of the planet. Finding little to nothing about the planet which may be considered dangerous, from biological to scientific, he scans the main logs for details on Sigma Iotia II.

What he finds does not make him happy, an Earth type planet which seems to be attempting to be a poor shadow of Coridan. He had already left one such planet behind hoping that his Starfleet experiences could be beneficial to his homeworld. Now he just has to wait for some smart mouthed shipmate to make some comment about him being right at home.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    May 2013

Graham's feelings on being called "sir" by Onn and Rangin are decidedly different.

Nia's words remind him...of being young, and ambitions, and...in love.

I was married, we were planning to have a child, and I was sure I'd get my own command...

And then: in my own command--even as a lieutenant commander-- I'd get that bastard of my ship in no time flat...

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Nav confirms all stop, sir," Brooks says.

Rangin finds quite a bit on SI2 on the Library Computer. He sees from the access logs that Collins is reviewing much of the same material.

Ten minutes pass, and Singh returns to the Bridge. "I relieve you, Mr. Graham," she says, smiling as she approaches the big chair. "Report."
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 10 May 2016 at 11:38 PM.

Registered
    May 2013

Graham stands, stiffens to attention and replies "I stand relieved."

Then he relaxes slightly and continues. "Rear Admiral Stone issued orders to investigate, immediately, loss of contact with the Federation civil advisory group on Sigma Iotia II. They are 24 hours overdue for their weekly check-in. No sign of trouble beforehand. We're to investigate, provide any needed assistance and report, ma'am."

Registered
    Sep 2009

Singh takes her chair. "Yes, you told me that earlier. Sorry - I meant, anything new since I left the Bridge?"

Registered
    Mar 2012

Having turned to look at the captain once she returned, Kylah glances from Singh to Mr. Graham, then girds herself before speaking up. "I beg your pardon, sirs--" She aims this at both Singh and Mr. Graham, though her voice is quiet. "Captain, I believe Mr. Graham mentioned that Rear Admiral Stone said that the necessary briefing materials regarding the mission would follow his contact with us. However, we have not yet received them. At least, there has been no further communication from Starbase 11 to my knowledge."
    Last edited by choie; 12 May 2016 at 12:38 AM.

Registered
    Apr 2015

Nia has a little inward twinge of empathy when Singh--tactfully, at least--corrects Booker. Not wanting to embarrass him, she makes sure to keep her expression unchanged and neutral.

When Kylah breaks in, Nia almost gets annoyed with the girl, but realizes that she's trying to help Booker, not show him up. She sounds so tentative, though, like a guilty child afraid of punishment. Nia feels compelled to give the ensign a tiny encouraging nod for supporting Booker.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rangin is rather glad that he is facing into the console as the Captain points out to Graham he is acting like a parrot. It wouldn't do to obviously smirk at his below average intelligence to comprehend orders. Seems that BCDO training was a little bit out of date and perhaps Graham is due for a refresher.

It's only made more amusing when Kylah pops with the information that Graham should have passed across.

Regardless, Rangin waits to see what the Captain orders next concerning the current situation.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Science Office Roble enters the Bridge and goes to stand next to the big chair.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Captain," Collins says "I've been researching SI2, in particular, the Enterprise and Captain Kirk's mission there."

Registered
    May 2013

Graham's a little surprised Singh didn't ask if there was anything new if that's what she wanted to know, but every officer has their own style.

"Nothing new, Captain," he replies. He nods approvingly in Collins' direction. "But the team have been looking for information on SI2. I believe Lt. Collins served under Kirk."

Given the famous Captain's reputation, he wonders whether he should have used different phrasing...

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Yes, but that mission was before my posting there." Collins thinks she's picked up on a little bit of a double entendré from Graham, so she smiles at him. "It did come up in conversation now and then, though."

Registered
    Sep 2009

The Captain looks like she's fighting a smile. "All right, thank you both. Return to your post, please, Mr. Graham." She turns in her chair to face Kylah. "Notify all senior officers to attend a briefing in Conference Room 1 in an hour. That will also include you, Mr. Rangin and Mr. Graham." She continues, "Mr. Collins, I'd like you to brief us about what you've found. Mr. Roble, please review the materials sent by Adm. Stone and bring us up to date on what's happened on the planet since Capt. Kirk's mission."

"Aye, Captain," the Yorktown's Science Officer says. He goes to the Science II console.

A few minutes later, the Chief Engineer calls from belowdecks. "All IFSs check out, ma'am. Warp power at your discretion."

"Thank you, Mr. Cheverez. Well done. Mr. Brooks, set course for Sigma Iotia II. Mr. Onn, Warp 8."

"Course plotted and laid in, ma'am," the navigator says.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 10 Oct 2018 at 12:30 PM.

Registered
    Apr 2015

"Engaging, ma'am," Nia says after casting an eye at Brooks's monitor to make sure the course is plotted in before she starts them off. Going from full stop to Warp 8 is a process, not an instant leap. Nia treats the Yorktown as she would a prize stallion who's been in the stable too long. The horse wants to stretch its legs after being cooped up, but going to a full-out gallop would be a huge mistake. One must do things gently.

So she begins at impulse before then 'revving up' to Warp 2, then 5, and finally Warp 8. There you go, girl, Nia thinks with a tender smile while they finally zoom forward at the incredible speed. Cheverez's word notwithstanding, she sends a note to Sasok to keep an eye on the IFS readings, just in case a third one decides to go kablooey.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Kylah follows through with the captain's orders, although she frowns in curiosity at having been included in a meeting with senior officers. After her dismal performance over the past... well, her entire time on the Yorktown... surely there are others better suited to such an assignment. Likely the captain simply wishes me to take notes, she thinks with a tiny one-shouldered shrug.

Then she hears Singh's request to Roble regarding the mission briefing documents, and immediately she turns her chair around. The words "But Captain, I just said we have not yet received them" are nearly across her tongue before she clamps down on them. She does not want to contradict the captain, or imply that the older woman did not appear to listen to what Kylah told her. Even if it is true.

Kylah wants to be invisible; that means not making trouble or causing a fuss. When Roble sees he has nothing to read, he will tell the captain. Kylah need not be involved at all.

She swivels back to her monitor and chews on her bottom lip.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Yes, ma'am." Collins says and compiles the salient points for her presentation.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rangin frowns slightly at the Captain's orders as he wonders why he should be invited to such a meeting although it may be that is suspicions are accurate and it is due to his heritage.

As Lt. Cmdr. Roble gets to the Science II station, Rangin greets him. "Sir," he emphasises with a nod as he half turns back to the terminal, "anything I can do to assist?" There is little else for Rangin to do while waiting for the briefing.

Registered
    May 2013

Graham returns to his post and (though not expecting to find anything changed) does a quick once-over of all the relevant readouts.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Onn is indeed prudent to gradually bring the Yorktown up to full Warp 8, but everything goes smoothly and within a few minutes the starship is racing towards Sigma Iotia II at her maximum safe speed. Sasok acknowledges her message.

Kylah finds the attached data which Adm. Stone mentioned waiting in the incoming subspace comm buffer. She may decode and pass it along to Roble.

Collins continues her research and, working diligently, is able to gather the information she needs in the time allotted.

Roble says pleasantly, "No, thank you, Mr. Rangin. Please monitor the sensors while I prepare my part of the briefing the Captain requested."

Back at Tactical, Graham sees that just about everything is how he left it.

Before you know it, it is almost time for the briefing.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Very good sir." and Rangin returns to the scanners for the next hour until the time comes to head for the briefing when he accompanies Lt. Cmdr Roble and engages him in conversation trying to get an idea in advance of what it might be about.

Registered
    Mar 2012

After sending the meeting notification to senior staff, then decoding and sending the briefing material, Kylah passes the time doing her duty and, as often as she dares, checking for any messages from Lt. Delaney. When it is time to leave, she swivels in her chair but stops short when she sees Mr. Rangin getting up as well. She pretends to have forgotten to attend to something while waiting for him and Roble to exit, her fingers tapping in and out of a subfolder at her station to buy some time.

At last it is safe. She hurries from her post, taking a datapad with her, and heads off--slowly enough not to catch up with anyone but quickly enough not to be late.
    Last edited by choie; 14 May 2016 at 06:52 PM.

Registered
    May 2013

Graham has to work to resist rolling his eyes when Rangin leaves for the briefing with his nose shoved cheekbone-deep up Roble's ass.

He leaves enough distance between them so he doesn't have to hear it before heading to the briefing.

Registered
    Sep 2009

As they ride in the turbolift, Roble tells Rangin, "Something's gone wrong on Sigma Iotia II. It's got a very... odd culture. We're going to find out what happened to the group of Federation advisors there, and then do what we need to do." The doors part.

The Captain rises from the big chair, says, "The Bridge is yours, Mr. Onn," and walks to the turbolift.

Singh and the senior officers, as well as the junior officers she asked to attend, soon are gathered in Conference Room 1. When all are seated, and tea, coffee and other beverages have been passed around by stewards, she says, "We're now en route to Sigma Iotia II, a planet which has been under observation, and receiving Federation assistance, for several years. We'll arrive in about three hours. Lt. JG Collins will report first on background information, and then the Science Officer will bring us up to date. Mr. Collins...?"

Registered
    Apr 2015

Nia gives Singh a quick aye aye and contacts Ens. Leventhal to take her place at the helm. Her eyes linger on Booker as he walks away, both appreciating the view and glad she gets more Big Chair time.

Still, she thinks as she sits down, one leg crossing the other, I'd better use my next evaluation to ask Singh about the Chief Helm Officer gig. I should be in that meeting.

Many ships of the Yorktown's class have someone in the chief helm role to coordinate practice drills, handle assignments, and generally keep the helm crew running as smoothly as any of the well-cared-for shuttles.

As for the others in line for such a job, Nia knows her fellow helmsmen are capable, but there's no doubt in her mind that she's the best on board, both at the helm (for what it's worth) and, most of all, behind the virtual wheel of the shuttles. And like the shuttles, those smart-ass flyboys know I can take them apart and put 'em back together too. What more could you ask for in a chief?

Her only real competition is Lieutenant Kendin. A first-class helmsman but not someone who cuts an authoritative figure, personalitywise. Nia's not sure he'd even want the position. No, I'm the right gal, she thinks with a kind of mingled hope and confidence. And a slow smile curls her lips when she imagines Ben Cooper's face upon hearing such a promotion.

Nia quits her pleasant if somewhat unworthy reverie and will spend her time first doing a quick rundown of the various stations to check on their statuses, and--once through--beginning a conversation to liven the atmosphere and keep the Bridge officers from zoning out. As far as she's concerned, an engaged crew is a high-spirited and mentally sharp crew.
    Last edited by SidonianGal; 15 May 2016 at 03:25 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Collins taps her datapad and then addresses the gathered officers.

"First Contact with Sigma Iotia II was by the USS Horizon a hundred years ago, before subspace radio and before adoption of the non-interference Prime Directive. The Enterprise was sent to investigate after the Horizon's century-old signals were finally picked up by Starfleet. The initial reports noted that the Iotians, a humanoid, pre-industrial race, were smart and very imitative. The Enterprise's landing party found this to be true, except that they had made considerable advances in technology. The inhabitants had also modeled their entire society around an old Earth history book about early Twentieth Century Chicago crime syndicates, with murder, theft, and extortion part of everyday life. Captain Kirk decided that since the Federation had inadvertently diverted the Iotian society from its natural course, he had a duty to set things to rights. Commander Spock, Kirk's First Officer, noted some reservations in his official report, but conceded he had no better alternative."

She pauses and looks around at the others.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 16 May 2016 at 02:53 PM. Reason: minor edits

Registered
    Mar 2012

Kylah listens attentively to Lt. Collins, scowling at the description of the changed society. It serves as a reminder that not all civilizations' first contacts with the Federation have resulted in a net benefit for the cultures and their people. Which jibes well with what Aldaan taught her, but Kylah has always wondered to what degree his warning was accurate--and how much of it was simply the influence of the Klingons' anti-Federation dogma.

This appears to be a point on the Klingons' side. Of course, at the Academy, Kylah learned innumerable cases of positive contacts that offset the rare examples to the contrary. But she did not learn of this story until now. Kylah can almost hear her uncle's voice whispering in her ear: What else did the Academy's 'official' history lessons omit?

Registered
    May 2013

Graham frowns slightly, not having been familiar with the planet or its history.

"Sounds like Coridan--at least when Kirk first arrived," he says to Collins. "Tough security conditions within which to operate, to say the least. Do the reports indicate things have improved since then, ell- ah, Lt. Collins?"

Registered
    Mar 2012

The mention of Coridan triggers a quick inhaled breath. Kylah is able to cover her mouth in hopes that no one else heard it. She aims her focus at her datapad, determined not to look at Mr. Rangin either in pity or sympathy. He deserves neither from her, and likely does not want any anyway.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Well, Kirk did try to rectify the situation. And although he encountered resistance, Kirk and his landing party were able to establish some semblance of order. With the help of the Iotians' regional leaders or 'bosses,' whom he was able to bring together, Kirk established a 'Syndicate' to guide planetary development and reinvest in civil society. He recommended to Starfleet that they send regular missions to check on the Iotians' progress.

"Of note, shortly after the Enterprise left SI2, Dr. McCoy, his Chief Medical Officer, realized he'd left his communicator behind on the planet. There were concerns that the inhabitants would take it apart, reverse-engineer it, and copy the technology. I believe Science Officer Roble will have info on that score."

Inwardly, Collins lets out a huge breath that she felt she'd been holding the whole time she was speaking. I hope that covers everything, she thinks. "Any questions?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rangin says nothing and sits quietly despite the comment from Graham. It is to be expected given that Rangin would see him as being right at home on either planet carrying out whatever underhanded schemes Graham is thinking.

He glances across at Kylah, but she seems not to be paying attention to the meeting, before looking around the rest and then back to Collins. There is a short shake of his head as he sits back further and waits for Roble to actually say what they are really doing here.

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Thank you, Mr. Collins. Any other questions before Mr. Roble brings us up to date?" the Captain asks.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Kylah looks up obediently. She remains silent but does not want to seem as if she is unaware that Singh has made a request. The only question Kylah herself wishes to ask--whether there have been any reports since the Enterprise left--will no doubt be answered by Roble's impending report. Still, she nods slightly at Collins to acknowledge her informative briefing.

Registered
    May 2013

Shit, lots of questions, Graham thinks... local weaponry, law enforcement (if any), current level of random violence...

All more appropriate for an in-depth briefing on security, he reminds himself.

He shakes his head and glances around at the others (well, not so much at Rangin).

Registered
    Sep 2009

Singh nods to Roble, who folds his hands on the Theban marble top of the conference room table. He says, "Thank you, Mr. Collins. As mentioned, Capt. Kirk's CMO left his communicator behind accidentally on SI2. When the Enterprise immediately returned to recover it, it couldn’t be found, and the Iotians denied having it. That was... worrisome, in and of itself. Kirk told the Iotians that a ship would come by every year. The Federation’s 'piece of the action' of planetary economic activity, through the Syndicate, was to be 40%. With some grumbling at Kirk’s approach, but having no better option, Starfleet set up a trusteeship to oversee the Federation’s ongoing role in trying to assist Iotian culture down a better path after the Horizon’s inadvertent changes."

He sips his coffee. "The Potemkin returned last year. Its landing party found that Bela Okmyx, the leading 'boss,' had largely unified the warring regional factions and become president and CEO of the Syndicate, with Jojo Krako, a younger longtime rival, as the virtually powerless chairman of the board. Armed conflict and crime were less common, the landing party found, and less bloody, but Okmyx still did not have complete control. There also still seemed a strong Iotian cultural affinity towards 'The Book,' the written work of Chicago history that had played such a major role in transforming their society. The Potemkin left behind a team of five – a xenosociologist, an economist, an accountant, a historian and a political scientist - as a civil advisory group to advise and observe. The team is only about two-thirds of the way through its planned year on SI2, and Starfleet has now lost contact with them."

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Bela_Okmyx
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Jojo_Krako
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/C...f_the_Twenties
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 18 May 2016 at 10:28 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rangin sits patiently as Roble gives part of the reason as to why they are there, but he can tell the elder gentleman has more to offer like descriptions of who these people are, what their mission was and where to start lookng for them.

Scanning the planet would be a fairly futile effort. Without a clear area to scan in, finding another humanoid would be tricky and he hazards a guess that the Potemkin would already have searched for their tricorders and communicators. Rangin cannot help but look across at Kylah almost in hope of inspiration and wonder if he can pull off the same trick twice.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Kylah watches Roble, but now and then her gaze flickers over to Vargas. Why is a science officer giving this report, rather than the First Officer? This seems like a Security issue. She can name numerous times over the past month when the Chief of Security should have been more closely involved in a mission or incident, but was curiously absent. And now Roble has taken over this situation as well. Is Roble being groomed to take over Vargas's role? But why?

Suddenly she gets a flash of her nightmare from last month--the ship near capture by the Klingons, the Captain ordering a self-destruct countdown... in that vision, Roble was Singh's backup, not Vargas. It is almost as if she had known, way back before her first mission, that Vargas would be sidelined. That is foolish. It was only a dream; I cannot predict the future. Still, Kylah shudders slightly at the memory. She then forces herself to pay attention.

It is unclear whether Roble expects anyone to ask questions as he pauses. In the brief silence, Kylah inhales and says softly, "I beg your pardon, sir. May I ask how long ago the landing party's last known communication was received? And what they had said?"

Closed thread