+ Reply to thread

Thread: What's in a year?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Default What's in a year?

Inspired by something some Ozzer said in a TNP, something about resolutions for new years or whatever bullshit.

I was looking back at some stuff not too long ago about what I was thinking (substitute "whatever/whoever/whomever" for "I," it doesn't matter).

I think it's fucking weird how kids become spam-bots of 4chan or Vagina Monologue crusaders online.

But I think the movie *Easy Rider* taught me that freedom isn't what people hate, man, it's what you represent. Not with your long hair, but it's when they, like, see freedom, man, and they don't have it and that makes them dangerous.

So I'm going to be nicer in my heart to stupid skateboarder kids and woman and homos.

I think it's going to make me a better Catholic.

You stupid homos. But, in all seriousness, it's kind of nice to be nice.

In your heart. Not giving a shit is a good way to be -- but not constantly grumbling is even better.

Yeah, so anyway, OP and shit -- like what's in a year and shit?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Fuck all that. I was just confused, and reading some things I "wrote" here about a year ago, maybe less. Not liking what I saw. I've got it figured out, now -- I mean how to relate to a society I think is dogshit, people I think are garbage. ETA I'm talking about RL society, which is primarily what I spout off about, anyway.

Old Chinese proverb: much better to have ice-water in your veins than dog shit.

You know how people have like mottos and shit on their crusty arms, like tatoos and shit? Derision, ambiguity, and irony's mine. Not Latin, but fuck Italy.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 18 Dec 2015 at 06:02 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2018

A year is a great way to measure time. I know that I would get lost without some time measurement in place. It is a little strange, taking a step back, thinking that someone selected 365 days to measure time but I have no problem or argument with it. There are things to look forward to when a new year dawns. I have a lot of nostalgia, thinking of past years and I am able to associate certain years with certain events in my life. I can even break it down to months in some cases.

I never actually have been on 4Chan before, I heard it's an entertaining read for the lolz but when people get to malicious levels in trolling, I have a problem with it. I wouldn't get an account there. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously but I can't help but feeling bad for the person on the other end.

I saw "Easy Rider" in the first film class that I took on the college level. It was an interesting watch but it's been a while since I saw it.

I can't help but caring but sometimes, it would be good if I didn't overthink what people thought so much. Everyone is different. Sometimes, I can't help it but it's just a thought. It's a big part of my personality, obviously or not so obviously.

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

A year measures out differently depending on what planet you're on.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally posted by Trojan Man View post
    A year measures out differently depending on what planet you're on.
    I'm not sure. It's been a year, gone through two different women. Burned them both with my drunken texting. I would say "lesson learned," but I did warn them in advance, and in person it was no problem, going from the barroom to the physical. Not on the same wavelength or planet, I guess. Last one was into astrology, which is actually kind of amusing. Didn't last long. Same friends at work, through a bunch of changes in schedule and location: at least those gals know me and know enough to not take me too seriously. Tight crew, does stuff good.

It doesn't feel like a year: it feels like about two years with getting accustomed to extreme precautions because of that thing with the plague and that thing with the US politics and yet I can still make fun of Scott Morrison.

A few years, let's say.

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

Scott Morrison is our Trump. 'Nuff said.

As for relationships, there is that thing of "if you can't accept me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best". Makes the whole relationship thing very difficult because we're all intolerable in some way.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally posted by Trojan Man View post
    Scott Morrison is our Trump. 'Nuff said.
    And a pants-shittingly embarrassing figurehead to you too! No, he's awful.

Yeah, yeah, I know, Westminster system and yet, every Ozzer I've chatted with does not recognize QEII as their sovereign, which she most certainly is. Even the Scots.

As for relationships, there is that thing of "if you can't accept me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best". Makes the whole relationship thing very difficult because we're all intolerable in some way.
    Oh, I am very pleasant IRL. Make friends easily, cooperate, am chill.

But when I'm bad, I'm really bad.

An acquired taste.

Just no patience with, let's say, women who don't wish to go for a ride.

I always am very persuasive, and am not a psycho or anything. Ask permission before fingering. Steer conversations to common interests, good eye contact, great small talk, excellent at finding some subject of interest.

I understand things, and know when to back off. Yadda yadda.

But, still.

+ Reply to thread