+ Reply to thread

Thread: Why do people like or want kids?

Registered
    Oct 2015

Default Why do people like or want kids?

Don't get me wrong, there's a couple kids I love, but they aren't mine, which is part of the appeal, and I wish nothing bad for any child, but I sure as hell don't like or want any, nor do I understand why anyone else does. So many people, mostly other women, have told me things like "you'll get used to them", "you'll change your mind one day", or even something as sexist as "ALL women want kids". The more I'm around kids, the more I have to disagree, and the more women who say shit like that, the more I start to feel sexist toward my own sex. Women are so hypocritical as to demand equality for all sexes and genders yet make such condescending generalizations about their own. But this isn't about women, it's about children. The whole process of pregnancy/childbirth is disgusting, and all for something loud, smelly, and annoying that destroys your body, eats your food, wastes your money, ruins your sex life, keeps you up all night, and takes away the freedom to live the life you want.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Having kids is not for everyone, and no one should be shamed - or feel ashamed - for not wanting to have them. Every child ideally should be wanted and loved from the very beginning. Pregnancy and childbirth are "disgusting" only to the extent you choose to see them as such; they are natural biological processes. You were a major participant in a pregnancy and childbirth once yourself, after all.

My wife and I have three sons. They have changed our lives forever, and almost entirely for the better. Yes, parenthood can be very difficult and you will certainly be less free with children than you would be otherwise, but you will also have created new life and had the chance to teach and raise that child to help make the world a better place. They are your genetic and social contribution to society, your own next chapter in the great story of humanity. To have your child take your hand, or give you a kiss, or ask to have a book read or a song sung to him, or eventually to see him fully grown and able to converse with you as a smart, funny, thoughtful adult, is a blessing that you might not fully appreciate until that day actually comes.

Just my two cents' worth.

Registered
    Oct 2015

Yeah I have no wish to contribute genetically or socially to the world, especially a world as corrupt as this modern culture. xD And most biological processes are disgusting, especially ones I didn't choose to be a part of. But each to their own. Better a kid has parents that are grateful for them than one that regularly jokes about cooking them in detail. I love 2 kids, one of which (the one I threaten to bake like a ham) is practically my little brother, and by love I mean I'd take a bullet for him but would gladly be shot in the head to not wake up to his annoying cockblocking voice. I rarely see the other kid and ain't sure I'd love her anymore if I saw her more than once a month. xD I have the maternal instinct of a starved zombie.

+ Reply to thread