+ Reply to thread

Thread: Weird dreams thread

Registered
    Jul 2013

Default Weird dreams thread

Yeah, I had a fucked up dream two days ago.

I was in a recording studio, at a session being led by a Hammond organist, with me on piano, and at least a drummer and guitarist.

Very vivid, but not really a pants-down-at-the-prom thing.

Just running through some tunes the leader wanted to do, spur of the moment. We got warmed up by me just starting a kind of Les McCann boogaloo-type blues in F, pretty fast.

The leader got on it, took a nice solo, and then we kind of said, "well OK!" and started to get down to it.

I only remember "I'm Old Fashioned" (which I don't know and have never played) and a Jobim bossa nova which I also didn't know.

The leader said at each point, "just open up the real book, and let's try it." (A "Real Book" is just a spiral-bound thick book with sort-of-accurate chord changes and the melody to standards jazz people might play).

It happened the Real Books I had were exactly the ones I have at home right now -- tattered, with pages missing, and so forth.

Couldn't find a single one of these weirdo tunes the guy was calling, so had to just follow by ear (which isn't so bad, except you're always a little bit behind the beat trying to hear what comes next).

So apparently that inspired me to clean my kitchen today and put a few papers in place.

Very very realistic dream, no sense of terror, just kind of like "uhhhh, what the hell do you want me in the room for if you just want to call some random tunes I only vaguely remember from records?" And then plodding along, joyless, trying to humor this guy.

Piano sounded good though -- it was someone else's Nord Stage.

I blame the organist's shoddy bass playing for not being on top of the changes.

Registered
    Feb 2009

That's kinda cool. And it's interesting you can remember it like that. I know I've had a lot of strange dreams lately, but I can't remember them for very long after I get up.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quite a timely thread! I just woke up this morning, after a very vivid dream that I was enrolled at Princeton University (of all places). I had missed my first several classes, had done none of the reading, and was just about to walk across campus to a class I was not at all ready for. I was very relieved to wake up and realize none of it was true!

Registered
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    Quite a timely thread! I just woke up this morning, after a very vivid dream that I was enrolled at Princeton University (of all places). I had missed my first several classes, had done none of the reading, and was just about to walk across campus to a class I was not at all ready for. I was very relieved to wake up and realize none of it was true!
    pants down prom night! I just saw *A Dangerous Method* again last night -- I hope your dream did not compromise your authority!

Thanks for sharing that -- in the sincere way, not the Valley-girl way.

I gotta know, what class? And why did you phrase "Princeton University (of all places)" so?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Here's something super-fucked up, from last night. A few hours after going to sleep (early to bed, blahblah) I dreamt I heard my father's voice, from somewhere in my pad, say "Johnny!" It was so realistic I woke up said "Who's there?" I'm going to go ahead and call it a dream, rather than an auditory hallucination, because I was, as far as I know, asleep.

Here's another really fucked up one, from last week. I was having a purely-verbal dream recounting the old saw that when someone's going to die, a Banshee knocks on your door. It was about five or so when I woke up from that one, just thinking, "huh, that was pretty weird. maybe that was a public service announcement about banshees!" Later that morning I check my phone, and found out my sister had a seizure and was spending the night in the hospital. I don't care how skeptical about the paranormal you are, it's still a pretty freaky chain of events. And no, I hadn't seen my sister in weeks. Must have had some spicy food the night before.

And no drugs were involved.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I'm going to try to piece together an extremely weird dream from a few days ago. Pretty sure since I had been reading about Anti-Catholicism in various countrries minutes before going to sleep, the content can be explained that way, but who knows. Dreams are weird. It's just such an involved little narrative, in which I was the protagonist and main actor, I don't know if I have the (i) memory (ii) chops (iii) coherence/will to describe accurately.

The short of it is that I was some character at some college trying to land a job, and it had been one I'd previously applied for. It was for some on-campus office-assistant-type thing for some religious studies program, I guess -- ISTM that it was a Catholic college, like Notre Dame or whatever. So I happened across (this was my second experience with trying to snag this work-study job) a new guy, Father Marshall. A kindly, humane professor put in an administrative role, like Dept. Chair or something, but we struck up a conversation,

eh, I'm getting bored, but after meeting the motley crew he'd assembled, it was clear my role was as office assistant during off-hours, and it just kept getting worse and worse, like the young man of color liked to mop/vacuum the floors before the cleaning lady came in at 0700.

Eh, I'm out of steam to relate the whole thing, to the extent I remember the dream, but it was pretty weird. I do recall being very unwilling to bother Father Marshall (he was full Irish-American, and Marshall might not have been the name on the door).

Fucking dreams -- I guess they tell you what your mind needs to hear.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally posted by Jizzelbin View post
    ...I gotta know, what class? And why did you phrase "Princeton University (of all places)" so?
    Sorry, I just saw your questions. Don't remember which class now, and I phrased it that way because there was no chance in hell I would ever get into Princeton.

No other recent weird dreams I can recall.

Registered
    Jul 2013

This is a new experience for me: two consecutive nights of similar-themed dreams. First, day before last, all I remember is an incredibly realistic image of the left side of my face, from the upper mandible all the way to the hairline, extending axially (? never remember the anatomy terms) out to the ear), complete necrosis of the fleshs, down to tissue which resembled rotten meat.

Probably the imagery came from a recent escapade my father had, taking a spill trying to get the mail, mangled his hand on the sidewalk/driveway. Surgery and all that, 3am ER visit. I wasn't there, but my mother told me a while later the process and said his hand looked like raw hamburger. Gross, but while I'm sure it hurt like a bitch, not that grave a problem with modern medicine, I guess. Haven't seen the wound, only just heard about it.

So there's the "meat" thing.

So last night, I had an extremely visual narrative, with dialogue -- a little movie. I don't remember who was there, some doctor(s) and just me, I think, and part internal monologue (relative to the dream narrative). I don't remember, but it was all about lung cancer I had.

I'm not particularly hypochondriac, just realistic in that, except for small things like making sure my BP stays (according to my expert guesstimation of "meh, feels about right") nice and low, conscious of healthy weight, and impeccable dental hygiene, I'm not exactly the cleanest monkey in the cage, with binge drinking, poor diet (all food made from scratch, but 's not very nutritious -- of the right amount to sustain brain function, and of the easiest to prepare kind), and smoking a pipe like a chimney, but I would be very surprised if I didn't have a significantly shorter lifespan than many.

Not very interesting, but somewhat unusual, since the vast majority of my dreams have been simultaneously reading/writing words or music, or some odd interpersonal situations.

Perhaps these are indications that I should, at least until the Mayweather-Macgregor "fight" (more like a fight from Mayweather, and some little sissy slaps from the MMA guy), take up abstaining from tobacco, while continuing to "train" in an extreme diet and working on more pushups (no reason to not meet the requirements of the Ranger School, within three weeks left).

Banshee knocking, my ass, maybe just some indication I need to try a little harder to not lose focus on all aspects of life. Some babes delivering the message would have been better -- "You closet-case, stop sucking pipe all the time." And then what happens next, I have perfect confidence, will be just fine.

Somehow I thought that would make for a more interesting anecdote than it is, but they were two weird dreams anyway.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I've got a pretty good one from this morning, sort of right before I woke up. Very long, intricate visual/experience-oriented dream.

It's fading a little from memory, but it was actually a dream about me sleeping, except I was on some movie set, and I think "I" was Bill Murray, or it was some movie with him, a comedy, the scene was, you know, a movie set, lots of people and all the apparatus.

I was in a nylon camping outdoors tent, but I wasn't trying to act like sleeping, I was genuinely trying to sleep, fooling around with the zippers and all that on the tent.

Don't remember much more.

I think that's about as boring as it gets -- your brain creates a dream, and it's about you sleeping in it.

Registered
    Sep 2009

The only thing worse would be a dream about not being able to fall asleep, so you woke up exhausted even if you'd had a full night's rest.

I had a dream recently in which I was at Buckingham Palace. I had the impression that the Queen was nearby but I don't think I ever quite saw her.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Wow. That was a weird, detailed "documentary footage" (complete with video crew and everything) of a slice of current Mike Tyson's life.

Way too many odd events, including flashbacks to early parts of his career.

I liked the part when his agent, which for some reason was at a Hollywood agency, met up with him outside of a gym where they were shooting, and Robin Givens came by, Mike gave her a nice "Robin!" and they exchanged a few short pleasantries at a distance. The jackass agent mimed choking himself and rolling his eyes when she left. Mike didn't care for that.

Lots of details about his training regimen, the shame and the triumph. Ocean surf, hauling logs, junior triathalons, making weight.

Weird.

I don't want to keep going because I just a few hours ago experienced all of it "live," so it's kind of boring to me, but maybe this post will remind me to come back to it sometime.

Registered
    Mar 2018

That does sound like a strange dream. I know I'd be freaked out if faced with a situation like that. It's interesting when dreams inspire things. One dream I had inspired me to put warm milk in my cereal for a while. I don't even remember what the premise of the dream was or what happened in it but I remember that I had that in the dream and it tasted really good so I decided to have it in the waking world.

Sometimes, I've had dreams where I am walking around my house. Everything seems about normal but I can't touch anything or make anything move. I try to open up doors but I can't open them and something doesn't seem quite right. I freak out and wonder if I'm dead and I'm always relieved to find out it's just a dream. I've heard of out-of-body experiences and that's crossed my mind with this. I tell myself it's just a strange dream to comfort myself.

I remember I also had a dream where I met the cast of Star Trek TNG, on a bus. I was excited to meet them and fangirled really hard. I asked for autographs and they all seemed very very weirded out by me.

Registered user Lapis the Towel Hoarder's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2018

I had another dream the other night that my sister's cat was a different color than he was in real life. I was really confused.

Registered
    Mar 2018

I once had a dream where my sisters cat had different markings than he had in real life and he scratched me. The weird thing is, he's a really docile cat IRL. o.o

Registered
    Mar 2018

I remember once, I ordered something on Amazon. I had a dream where a package in the mail then the wrong item came. I liked the item that came but was utterly confused. Then, I woke up in the middle of the night and got an email notification that the item had shipped. Kind of freaky.

Registered
    Mar 2018

Once I ordered something on Amazon then I had a dream where the wrong item came in the mail. I liked what I got in the mail but I was baffled. Then, I woke up in the middle of the night and got a notification that it had shipped. Kind of freaky.

Registered
    Mar 2018

Sorry about the overabundance of posts and repeating myself. ^^; I am not trying to be a spammer.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally posted by Froody Blue Gem
    Sorry about the overabundance of posts and repeating myself. ^^; I am not trying to be a spammer.
    I think my dreams are trying to spam me.

Fragments of working-man's life.

I can't even remember what's real and what's not.

At least I don't operate any machinery heavier than a pallet-jack.

Registered
    Mar 2018

I've been in the situation where I've blurred reality with dreams. It worries me about my perception of things. That is pretty scary that your dreams are doing that to you. It must be hard to push away the stress if the dreams get like that.

Registered
    Mar 2018

I've been in the situation where I've blurred reality with dreams. It worries me about my perception of things. That is pretty scary that your dreams are doing that to you. It must be hard to push away the stress if the dreams get like that.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally posted by Froody Blue Gem View post
    I don't know. Certainly, sometimes I can't recall if something happened IRL or in a dream, but it's never been pathological.

Perhaps a few moments of doubt, but I think it's a small price to pay for having rich interior life.

Anyway, perceptual illusions are commonplace -- vd. "fata morgana" -- I think part of the fun of life is coming down hard on the side of truth and doing away with these kinds of errors.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I remember I also had a dream where I met the cast of Star Trek TNG, on a bus. I was excited to meet them and fangirled really hard. I asked for autographs and they all seemed very very weirded out by me.
    So, uhh, how was Marina Sirtis doing in that dream?

Just curious.

Registered
    Mar 2018

Just curious.
    I think she was there... I don't think she said or did much. They were all just standing there with annoyed weirded out looks on their faces.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Just curious.
    I think she was there... I don't think she said or did much. They were all just standing there with annoyed weirded out looks on their faces.
    Well, there goes my "dreams" for tonight. At least that bastard Riker won't...oh no, I said his name...

She's a terrible woman!

Betazoid hybrid my ass.

Meh.

I cannot to be getting the involved with these Warehouse hybrid humans.

Nonetheless, The Wicked Woman was a fine movie.

Do you have any idea what you signed up for, dear?

This is constant sexism and just basically boys talking about stupid movies and historico-literary factoids.

But, that's why I like it here.

I do wonder why no women stayed here...smell, or something. Unwashed linens.

Well, I recommend it.

ETA Yeah, this is kind of the locker-room of web-forums. In part due to my crassness, but I don't excuse the Australians. It is a bit of a sausage-fest, though. I don't know, it's just fun to have a few laughs, nobody's teenage wasteland here, just kind of fun.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 04 Jun 2018 at 07:06 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2018

Just curious.
    Well, there goes my "dreams" for tonight. At least that bastard Riker won't...oh no, I said his name...

She's a terrible woman!

Betazoid hybrid my ass.

Meh.

I cannot to be getting the involved with these Warehouse hybrid humans.

Nonetheless, The Wicked Woman was a fine movie.

Do you have any idea what you signed up for, dear?

This is constant sexism and just basically boys talking about stupid movies and historico-literary factoids.

But, that's why I like it here.
    I kind of like Riker. However, when he shows his serious strict side towards officers of inferior rank, I feel an underlying resentment towards him. I know maybe it's wrong. I kind of am a Worf x Troi shipper even if it came out of nowhere. I'm just biased towards that Kilingon and he's my favorite character. *Gets pelted with tomatoes.* I am a strange child.

I like Troi, kind of how she is kind but has her limits to her patience. I actually see a bit of myself in her especially in her interactions with her mom. I think she's an INFJ maybe a 1w2, 2w1, or a 9w1. I saw an MBTI Star Trek thing type Troi as an ISFJ though and I think I've seen people type her as INFP. Out of those, maybe ISFJ is more accurate than INFP because ISFJs have fe, INFPs have fi. A lot of people think that I should accept 9w1 as my type. I guess I have a lot of traits but I mostly waffle between 5w4 and 4w5. I relate to the 5 description a lot I know that she is pretty polarizing though. Maybe it's wrong that I was thinking of making Troi my Avatar on the personality site, I'm not kidding. I think her mother could be an ESFJ.

Well, I am glad that I can be here and involved in the community.
    Last edited by Froody Blue Gem; 04 Jun 2018 at 07:09 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Here's the dream I wish I had: Bonnie and Clyde-era Faye Dunaway whipping the shit out of Marina Sirtis.

An epic battle of the modest versus handsome bosoms.

WHY did I not have this dream?

Well, mainly because it was pretty much done in the movie The Wicked Lady.

Registered
    Sep 2009

You can see Faye Dunaway in a knock-down, drag-out girlfight with Raquel Welch in The Four Musketeers (1974). Just sayin'.

Registered
    Jul 2013

You can see Faye Dunaway in a knock-down, drag-out girlfight with Raquel Welch in The Four Musketeers (1974). Just sayin'.
    Well, I would never consider watching such pedestrian fare.

weird is that I can't actually be sure what newGirl and I talked about IRL and what might have been in a very real (hyper-real, if you like) dream, as most of mine are.

I know:

(i) me complain pop music and say I like air-raid siren more

(ii) she say "what?"

(........)

(iin) I say, something commiserative and explanatory

(.........)

(?) We have a discussion about synthesizers in 1980s music.

Pretty sure that happened, ending with me saying something conciliatory.

and then

(.......)

"French always sounds like the people are talking so fast"

and I use some examples to say it's really not that fast, and slowly introduce the notion of syllable or stress timing of languages.

I have no idea if that last part of the "idle workplace chatter" actually occurred.

Certainly, everything I recall myself saying is something I would say, including being non-condescending, and generous with examples.

But I don't have a clear picture of what she said beyond, "French sounds like they talkie too fast!" And, I have no idea why she would have brought up the topic.

TENTATIVE conclusion: I think or suspect some or most of the warehouse thinks I identify with French people. I guess maybe, with my name and sometimes encoding blue language in the language or singing under my breath a little stupid song. But, certainly, I'm no more French than probably half the people there.

That probably is true IRL, at least about peoples' impressions -- they're trying to make sense of why this sweaty man with a filthy mouth reeking of wine manages to show up every morning and work lustily.

But, I still don't know if the fragment of conversation actually happened.

Very annoying.

Registered
    Sep 2009

"'Chapeau' means hat. 'Fromage' means cheese. It's like those French have a different word for everything!" - Steve Martin

Registered
    Jul 2013

"'Chapeau' means hat. 'Fromage' means cheese. It's like those French have a different word for everything!" - Steve Martin
    OK, that's funny. I can hear that delivered in Steve Martin's tone, and it's even funnier. He's a wild and crazy guy.

////////////

No real narrative dreams from last night, but fragments, like images of lists of names of "co"-"workers" and some kinds of explanatory hints to remember all their names. Extremely boring to me. Yeah, like I give a shit if some old dude with a ponytail's name is Gary or Greg. I don't need to memorize that outside the site, but probably I feel I am compelled to.

Registered
    Jul 2013

One dream I had inspired me to put warm milk in my cereal for a while. I don't even remember what the premise of the dream was or what happened in it but I remember that I had that in the dream and it tasted really good so I decided to have it in the waking world.
    I just noticed this detail.

Yeah, I find that's one of the more fascinating aspects of dreams — very occasionally, things sort of "cross over" into the real world.

Maybe people call it "inspiration," or maybe it's just an idea.

I haven't eaten breakfast cereal in a dog's age, but I think you should give your mind some extra credit bonus points for that one. Yeah, theres something about bacterial growth in warm milk that both seems slightly unhygienic (yeah, I know, in the US, unpasteurized "raw" milk or milk products is not a thing, unless smuggled), but also kind of good.

The contrast between cold/refrigerator-temp cow's milk and various flakes and loops and pebbles or whatever oats is upsetting to me.

Well, not upsetting, it's just too exciting to my palate — I like spicy, highly-seasoned foods, so it's not that I don't like to be surprised, even excited, by some chow.

/////////

I don't know where to begin to remember my more recent dreams.

Unsurprisingly, most of them have been about work and people I know from there.

And yet, as is my wont, mostly it involves writing names down on a ledger, or reading such items, and creating very brief items of dialogue.

Not very visual or narrative dreams, just, I suppose, my mind trying to make a complete, coherent whole of RL.

Apparently it's been starting with textual and verbal/aural cues, but now some images of people/characters (in some cases amalgams of RL people — see, I don't wear glasses at work, mainly because it's one extra bit of junk I have to carry around with me or wear, so I don't have a clear visual picture of many people).

Well, so, my apologies for not having a really interesting thing to report, but let's call this a first step at a meta-analysis of dreams.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Something about typography, like tricks to making an underscore "line" show up better on printed paper, as for giving a signature. Don't remember much, it was just some trick that I don't think is a real thing. Rather involved verbal conversation.

Also dreamt about practicing the Mozart "jeunehomme/jenamy" concerto from memory, first movement. In some detail, both aural and haptic memory of just running through it. Apparently I remember quite a bit of it in the back of the mind. NB, although I've enjoyed reading through it, it's always been just a little toy to play around with at the keyboard.

Registered
    Mar 2018

I had this dream where I adopted a bunch of kittens and was keeping them confined to my room. I was attempting to keep on top of feeding them but with schoolwork I was worried that I was neglecting them.

This is not the first time I had a neglecting a pet dream. I remember once, I had this dream where I got a talking beta fish and I was so busy with life that it nearly ended up starving. I hadn't realized I was neglecting it and felt terrible. I wonder if these dreams mean something. I would never want to neglect a pet in the waking world.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I've had over the past two months or so just scattered fragments of dialogue, mostly about work.

But I had an interesting one last night — no narrative content, I was just trying to speak in Italian to a woman...and everything ended up in a mish-mash of Italian + Spanish, which I don't speak.

I guess it doesn't make a very interesting story, but it was still a dream. Just the struggle to communicate and trying to patch together some ways to communicate in ways we'd both understand.

I think most of my dreams these days occur when I fall asleep at my desk at home, and usually end up with me waking up and trying to find where my glasses fell on the floor.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Odd brief dream last night. Something about trying to use my checking account to pay for some small item, and getting "declined." It was confusing within-dream, in a bad way, and I think I might have even woken up with some feeling of dread (blood flowing from the gut, leading to that feeling of "sinking dread" we all, I'm sure, have felt sometimes).

Registered
    Jul 2013

I don't know how to tell this one: it happened less than ten hours ago, while, yes, I was sleeping.

Very involved narrative.

It included two young women who .... then there was some ruckus ... and there was a lot of flirtatious finger-banging.

Sort of the plot to that movie about the one where the kids come around and kill off the people....

There was duplicity among at least one of the girls, and while I held the property,

Geez.

That was a not-very-pleasant dream, even though I ended up in the dream fingering both of them expertly. Don't ask.

What does that mean? I can't get it up? Or they don't want me to stick it in?

Very confusing narrative dream.

ETA Yeah, I remember now, it started on a college/UG campus somewhere.

And, yes, I apologize for polluting the thread with irrelevant details, but there was a *LOT* of fingerbanging going on between the one and the other.

Tchey, sometimes it's bad to be a human.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 26 Oct 2018 at 01:43 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I think I just wrote an entire movie in my dreams last night, I think about 0400, since I recall looking at the alarm clock IRL.

And now I can't remember any of it, except Jack Nicholson was the protagonist (George Eliot-style, I could see him and also imagine his dialog).

It was something like King of Marvin Gardens, if I'd ever watched the movie.

No, really, it had a real plot and real dialog and was neatly structured.

I just can't remember any of it beyond that.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Wow. That qualifies as weird.

An entire narrative structure, complete with visuals.

It was a Sherlock Holmes/Hercule Poirot-type story, told from two perspectives, Yojimbo-style.

Extremely complicated plot, but nonetheless coherent.

It involved some dude killing somebody, in a house by some kind of ocean, and deliberately obfuscating the clues which might lead the detective to suppose the facts.

Shit.

I should have written it down -- it was pretty damned engaging, if I do say so myself. Probably between thirty and sixty pages of text it would take.

Of course one's hand can get tired after a night of extremely lucid dreams.

Registered
    Jul 2013

French-Canadian descent adopted into Texas household, with brother same name

Poster tagline "A french-canadian banker starts life in the big city"

Opens unidentified city presumed NY, girl about 20 going about finding an apartment.

Library-like stacks, finds "Must have nice mouth to suck off my friends" etc

Finds one place, a huge cardboard box. John Lithgow sitting inside, watching a TV, four feet back from a mound of unidentified empty boxes.

"Aren't you worried about security?"

"No. I call the police."

"They actually come out here?"

"This one does, he's a dog."

(future episode, she's back. JL: calls on cell phone "Hans, I need you." Guy in pickup with a big foam tarp over it drives over. JL lifts up corner of foam and out jumps a mutt. Girl approaches it. It snarls. JL: (to dog) "It's okay, she's a friend" Commences petting and all that.)

Flash sideways to Texas. Girl gets off bus, sees giant hole in sidewalk, walks a while. Her parents are entertaining, she helps move stereo equipment outdoors. Says hello to brother, lying in bed reading something.

Unknown events, she disappears to unknown place for unknown time. Girl's VO to someone: "I did kiss my brother once." Mother's voice "I just saw her in the bedroom. Brother hides her in his bed, resumes listening to music.

Registered
    Jul 2013

This seems to be a recurring theme: dreaming extremely detailed motion-picture tales of some length, coherence, and detail. Including camera shots, editing, dialogue, and so forth.

Last night was an odd episode of the TV show Bonanza, which is strange since I've never seen an episode of it (although I know the characters and the basic idea).

No, I can't remember what the plot was: the cinematographic details were compelling, however, as was the detail of the characters faces (mostly Hoss and a little bit of Little Joe and some other characters who may or may not have been in the show originally, but sort of were doing ranching-type stuff).

Very strange.

What is slightly frustrating is that there are so many details that I can recall on waking up, too many details to consider writing down.

However, it would be foolish to not attempt to detail future "episodes" of whatever else I dream up.

Registered
    Jul 2013

That was bizarre.

I was a factotum/gopher working for the venue where Roy Acuff was playing with his Smokey Mountain Boys. Big auditorium.

I know nothing about his life at all, and I don't think I could recall any of his tunes off hand. My main task was to keep him supplied with booze and sundries, like magazines, and my own personal idea, the occasional pair of dice or deck of cards. And to liaison between some new fellows who were brought in for a new arrangement (I think one guy was on like an oboe or some shit, and the other two were on some other instruments like that), total pros, I just rehearsed them a few minutes before the show and they were set to go on.

It was identical to, in this dream, performing similar duties for Reba McIntyre (sp?). I have no idea if she plays piano while singing, but she did on this show, directly facing audience, with the lid taken off.

She had an odd habit of both drinking too much and being a performance-destroying diva. For example, she took one of those little "Dum Dum" suckers for kids and played with it provocatively to amuse the audience, and then stuck it in her mouth and started singing her next number, which made her vocals inaudible.

There's more detail about both performers, in addition to dialogue, but I don't feel like writing it out.

No, I have no clue about either performer's personal lives or even their music.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Well, I'll be goddamed.

Just sitting at my desk and ..... SHIT!!!!

It's gone now.

That was one crazy-ass dream.

Well, OK, let that be a lesson to everyone: don't neglect your sleep hygiene, or this might happen to you!

Registered
    Jul 2013

This was an odd snippet of a dream last night. It was part of a larger narrative, but I don't recall who was in it or what the details were.

For some reason I was trying to correct somebody's decimal expansion of a rational number. The mistake occurred about at the 1.1xxxxX spot and I recognized the pattern as part of the expansion of 1/7. Which is something I do recognize, it wasn't a pure fantasy, since it's sometimes convenient for me to roughly divide quantities over the course of a week. As it might be for many people.

I don't remember anything else about it.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I had a bunch of complicated dreams going on last night, including one in which somebody, maybe my older brother, told me to shoot a little dog which apparently we had owned for a while in the dream. I did it without hesitation, with a couple shots from a super-scary semi-auto shotgun which I owned in the dream, but then I felt bad about it.

Jesus.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Here's an odd one. I think it was from two nights ago. There was a lot of narrative context, and I don't recall much of it days later.

But yes, I dreamt I was asleep and snoring.

For all I know, I probably was snoring IRL: multiple women, and some men, (no, get your mind out of the gutter), have claimed that I snore pretty loudly.

I really somewhat dispute that "evidence," but, it's probably true. Heavy drinker, heavy smoker.

I prefer to say I just sleep in a relaxed manner!

Registered
    Jul 2013

This was a rather involved dream. I don't remember all of it, mainly because didn't want to upon waking, but it took place entirely in a rental property (a fairly large apartment with at least one roommate...kind of like a college dorm type thing with some common areas).

The one thing that keeps coming back to me is that, by leaving a door open, a tiny rabbit (like, maybe a few inches long...baby rabbit I guess) scurried in, and in some kind of panic, I stepped on it, but didn't have time to dispose of the corpse. The dead rabbit consisted of several pieces, including what may have been the head or something else strewn within a circle of diameter of about a foot.

Haven't dreamt in a while, so that's probably a good sign.

Of something. Renewed mental vigor or plasticity? Something like that.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I haven't had any weird dreams in awhile. Must be all that clean living!

Registered
    Jul 2013

I haven't had any weird dreams in awhile. Must be all that clean living!
    Not sure, really.

I've been drinking a lot of cabernet sauvignon, which isn't doing my teeth any favors, lately, since during this brief relationship/situationship, and also after I exiled her.

For me, vivid dreams are an indicator of general health, and a sign of having had a good night's sleep.

All my dreams are weird: even the one's that are very bookish are pretty odd. Dreaming about reading, taking notes....prima facie pretty ordinary, but I find it odd to be dreaming about translating some unknown tongue or writing upon an endless scroll.

Those latter are pretty ordinary, along with "work dreams," but a quality, absurd dream? That's the sign of progress!

Progress Island, USA! Puerto Rico!

Registered
    Jul 2013

Wow. Last evening, predictably after a few days of non drinking, I had a vivid dream.

But this one was incredible.

A complete, original, complicated but coherent plot (yes, I know, there are n numbers of plots, but whatever), but it had a complete calculated convolution about the title, foreign language implications.

It was glorious.

If I hadn't been so lazy and asleep, I should have written it down. Didn't think I had it in me to create something like that. Yes, I did awake after the dénouement, but I was also tired and wanted to return to slumber.

Well, that was a blue balls of a tease, but perhaps next time I'll catch the fish.

I did have a nice erotic dream about a young woman I work with sometime last week, though. It was kind of innocent and sweet. Won't be doing that again! Must have creative freedom from all manner of sorcery!

Registered
    Jul 2013

Wow. Two hours after finally getting to asleep.

Nope. Decorum prohibits me from saying exactly what happened.....but it was a good "dream time" of about twenty minutes of X(S*&*@(@(@ box and then.....interminably delayed *&^*&*((((.

Odd. Yes, I woke up, but I fyelt zo unsetsifyed. And yet, meh, I didn't mind. Reminds me of my last girlfriend! I blame her! Yeah, that's the ticket!

That concludes the adult portion of this post.

+ Reply to thread