+ Reply to thread

Thread: Profile picture for LinkedIn -- suggestions from these taken today?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Default Profile picture for LinkedIn -- suggestions from these taken today?

Yeah, that's about it. I'll also poll my Facebook crew, but I know one person there who will give constructive advice, and the rest will just say, "looks great!" or "those some dogshit pics, homes."

For starters (this is my first LinkedIn page), I'll be focusing on junior technical writing positions, entry-level programming in C, C++, and Java, and, once I pass my CCNA, entry-level enterprise network jobs.

And I hate taking pictures, so the one I choose will have to be good for a while.

Also, should you choose to judge these, please note that "Take some different ones, with blah blah blah," would be very helpful indeed.

http://imgur.com/a/I0h1y

The suit I bought for my less-favorite grandmother's funeral about .... what, well, quite a few years ago is great! 42L and fits like a glove. Aside from the pants, which I "repaired" myself with needle and thread, it's happening. I shouldn't have chosen that tie with the striped suit, though. I'm sure fashion people have a name for it, but it seems kind of busy to me. Oh well.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 13 Aug 2015 at 05:23 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Also, I think I'm going to start wearing a wedding band and carrying pictures like they include in picture frames of random people at stores in my wallet. Everyone likes a family man.

Stability.

Trust.

Merrill-Lynch.

Not joking, either -- I think that's a good strategy in a tight job market. Yeah, I know, blah blah, come back to haunt you. I don't care anymore.

Registered
    Jul 2013

And no, I wasn't slicking down my hair on purpose to look "business" -- in the first place, that's the way I do my hair. Wake up, wet out the snags, run my fingers and/or comb through it and call it good.

I was also just off helping my mother do a bunch of hours of heavy lifting earlier that morning in her yard, so I had few options.

I really don't know what a good "hairstyle" is -- just grab a comb and get the kinks out, and you're out the door.

Registered
    Jul 2013

OTOH, I guess I can blow-dry my hair and put mousse in it for that....I'm not sure what that is. The John Kerry look. I don't know how to do that, but it can't be that difficult if they let Barbie Susie Blow Cut Super Sports Dry do it.

What kind of person looks at the hair, anyway? A pro Wrestler? A member of Poison? Just comb it good enough, and it's fine.

Registered
    Jul 2013

My only other choice is a book I got the other day: Wayne. I've been studying Wayne for a few years now, but that mother fucker took my entire "look." That's like the identical raincoat I have, black dress shirt, fancy pants.

Dammit, Wayne Shorter!

Registered
    Jul 2013

http://i.imgur.com/ZKLuNju.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vSqN620.jpg

That's a pretty good one, i guess. Do some croppping and whatever.

ETA fucking hell maybe it's the natural light. i am not liking the gray in the eyebrows. I guess just like old women and tits and ass sagging, I'll just have to live with it.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 13 Aug 2015 at 10:13 PM.

+ Reply to thread