+ Reply to thread

Thread: Anchor babies

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Apr 2015

Question Anchor babies

Watching a series on the Constitution, with one episode focusing on the 14th amendment. One issue they briefly allude to is "anchor babies". I wonder how widespread the phenomenon is?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Huh. I'd never heard the term before, but a quick googling came up with the definition, including descriptions of the term as "pejorative" and "offensive".
    Like you, I wonder how common it really is. It sounds more like a subject of fear than something that would actually happen that much.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Apr 2015

Agreed Rube!

Registered
    Sep 2009

It is relatively rare, compared to the overall U.S. birth rate. There been some controversy recently as to wealthy Chinese couples purposefully having their babies born in the U.S. so that the kids will enjoy both Chinese and U.S. citizenship. They might not like the attention eventually given to them by the IRS, though!

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/08/news...birth-tourism/

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Erictelevision View post
    Watching a series on the Constitution, with one episode focusing on the 14th amendment. One issue they briefly allude to is "anchor babies". I wonder how widespread the phenomenon is?
    Very. It is a major problem, especially in Texas and Arizona. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/illegal-...-your-expense/
    Political correctness will be the death of our country.

+ Reply to thread