+ Reply to thread

Thread: Once the GOP field whittles itself down

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Apr 2015

Red face Once the GOP field whittles itself down

Let's stipulate that anyone polling below 3% bails after IA and NH. Where does their support go?

Registered
    Sep 2009

Here's the current lineup: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republ...ndidates,_2016

I suspect it's going to come down to Jeb!, The Donald, Rand Paul and Scott Walker after the first few primaries and caucuses. Mainstream GOP folks are going to go for Jeb!, Rand Paul will get the Tea Party types, Scott Walker will get the union-haters and The Donald will get everyone else. When all is said and done, I think Jeb! ends up with the nomination, but he might be pretty battered and bruised by the time he reaches the GOP convention finish line in Cleveland in mid-July 2016.

And I would not be surprised in the least if Trump runs as a spoiler/independent.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Apr 2015

According to newest polls I can find we'd lose:

Perry
    Santorum
    Fiorina
    Jindal
    Pataki
    Graham
    Gilmore

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Trump will start dropping fast when things get serious. He is entertaining now and has huge name recognition; but he will drop. I agree that sadly Bush will probably end up with the nom. I don't think there is 1 repub I really like. But I don't know them all yet either, there are so many.

+ Reply to thread