+ Reply to thread

Thread: Best (least biased) news service?

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

Default Best (least biased) news service?

Greetings. Not exactly sure if this is the correct forum for this thread, but at least it isn't a 100000 word screed on every life experience I've ever had, with some drunken belligerence thrown in. So forgive me if I erred.

Anyway, I'm looking for a news app that doesn't spew bullshit (hint: I won't be sourcing Fox). If possible I'd like to avoid this rabid partisanship that seems to hit the spot for so many. So, with all that in mind, any international news service worth listening to?

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I find BBCNEWS gives good balanced coverage of US news. They give good World News coverage.

After them, I lean towards NPR who has a fairly good free app.

CNN is a crappy app with crappy reporting, Fox & MSNBC are crappy and very biased.

Registered
    Sep 2009

CNN.com has its problems, but I like it for a quick look at the day's headlines.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    CNN.com has its problems, but I like it for a quick look at the day's headlines.
    They are given to extremely dumb reporting and over-reporting and forget about science reporting. The app was dreadful.
    The web site is usable though. I'll give them that. Also as mentioned above Fox & MSNBC are worse as they are both very biased.

If BBC News is bias it is probably only in UK related stuff and not for US political reasons and they seem to have better science reporting. NPR is pretty strong in science reporting but the right considers them biased overall, I don't think they really are. Or at least far less than MSNBC.

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

Yeah CNN kinda makes me sick. Saying it's not as bad as FOX is like saying glandular fever isn't as bad as ebola. It's true, but it's not really alluring. I guess the best option so far is BBC.

Registered
    Feb 2009

BBC World Service is pretty good and fairly unbiased when it comes to news reporting.

The BBC has been accused of being too left-wing/right-wing* depending on the situation. Generally, its left leaning though.

*delete as appropriate
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Meh, for world news, I stick with BBC, Reuters, and the other one. For daily news, I just use whatever people tell me and, if desirable, look up on google and prioritize hits from NYT or WSJ

+ Reply to thread