Closed thread
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 2579

Thread: Star Trek RPG - Mission #4: "Codex Aelyrr"

Registered
    Sep 2009

Lt. JG Garcia yields his seat at the Communications console to Kylah with a polite smile and goes back belowdecks.

Zweller works closely with Rangin and replies, as they go along, "I've been working with Dr. Brold for about three months now, since we started on Gagarin VII.... Don't know where his assistants are today. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to when he has them with him, and when he doesn't. They didn't come to dinner last night with the Captain, either.... Lt. Patel picked me for the Brold project. She'd read my Academy honors thesis on starship sensor design and pulled some strings with Starfleet Command, I heard...." Zweller looks at him oddly. "Yes, my first name is Darren. We met yesterday, remember?"

Dr. Noel says to T'Var, "All right. I'm afraid I didn't know her when she was... in good health. I'd be glad to compile a list of her Science colleagues; that's no problem. Do you know who her friends are?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rangin shakes his head in realisation as he remembers back to the introductions the day before. "Yesterday was a very long day, and I couldn't remember if I heard your name correctly."

He looks back up at Zweller from the datapad readings, "Besides I think we have met before yesterday, although it was a long time ago. First year of the Academy, in '64, I believe, or are there two Darren Zweller's in Starfleet and I'm talking to the other one."
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Zweller chuckles. "Nope, I'm the only one. I don't think I remember you from the Academy, though. Sorry. Hmm... were we in Intro to Astrophysics together? Prof. Schiaparelli's class?"

Ape must not kill ape! general_urko's avatar
    Registered
    May 2013

Graham holds up his hands disarmingly. "No need for formality, mister..?" he says affably. "Routine patrol, checking some of the critical parts of the ship..." He gestures toward the console. "Is phaser control here operational or offline while you're making repairs?" he asks in a friendly way.

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Bentley," says one of the techs. "This is Carr." The other man nods. Bentley continues, "Phaser control here is offline while we conduct routine maintenance, but the Bridge still has it."

Registered
    Mar 2012

Kylah is not sure how to react to Collins's brief moment of compassion, followed so quickly by a dismissal as the older woman practically spun her chair away from her. And the talk of loss is confusing as well. Kylah is saddened by the zither's destruction, particularly how it met its demise and that she was, indirectly, responsible. But she hardly puts it on the same level as Collins's miscarriage.

But perhaps she does not feel as Mother did, Kylah realizes. Her mother wanted, most desperately, to have a child of her own. Every unsuccessful attempt seemed to be an assault on her value as a woman, and particularly as a member of a royal family. Collins, on the other hand, was ambivalent about her pregnancy--as far as Kylah could tell, at least before the health crisis that ended it. Still, there is no doubt the miscarriage affected her, and still does. I hope she does not think I would presume to put a musical instrument in the same category as her child, Kylah thinks in concern. I would never be so narcissistic.

All she can do now is thank Collins, the words spoken quietly to the senior officer's profile, before she returns to her station. Checking the status of incoming and outgoing communications, Kylah makes sure nothing has been missed--which she doubts, as Garcia is an excellent officer and more experienced than she is. Her mind plays over the discussion with Singh and wonders if she will be asked back down to the planet. Even if she is, will it be of any use? She can identify the man who exchanged her money, but she cannot identify him with perfect certainty as one of the thieves. Will she have to face him? Any of them? Will they see her? She definitely does not wish anyone, much less the suspects, to know she is there.

Kylah's eyes widen with the new thought: an attack like this, on a Starfleet officer, might have news value. Are there not reporters who track police-related incidents? She is furious with herself, hardly believing she did not think of this before. And of course, people on the ship could share the information with one another, mindlessly spreading the tale. The possibility of being gossip-fodder for the second time in less than a week is too grim to contemplate. Somehow she must find out if this story has been made public.
    Last edited by choie; 05 Aug 2015 at 12:06 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"I remember that class. The only fond memories I have were of never having to sit it again. They were so dry and there were a lot of better things to do instead." Rangin smiles at the memories of of being bored rigid for what felt likes days on end, even if the reality was that it was only a few hours.

"I also recall a few parties in that first year, you always seemed to be the centre of, which is probably why I can remember you, but maybe not the other way around."

Registered
    Sep 2009

Kylah sees there has only been routine intership comm traffic while she was away. She may check local or Federation-wide newsnets for coverage of her case, if she wishes.

Zweller grins. "I did go to quite a few parties at the Academy, it's true. 'Work hard, play hard,' that's my motto."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

"To be honest, I did not know Fujishiro very well, either," T'Var admits. "Perhaps one of her colleagues in the Science Department would be able to tell us of her friendships among the crew."

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Would you look into that, please, then?" Noel asks.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"That sounds rather familiar," grins Rangin remembering some of those parties. "Right, I think that covers the initial suggestions. I'd be curious to know which creatures were being scanned for when it was failing to work? So, let's see what Dr. Brold wants to do next. "

Registered
    May 2013

"Well, that's good to hear, Bentley," Graham replies, nodding as well. He takes a half-step as if to leave but then turns back. "Say, speaking of the Bridge, though--and no disrespect to Engineering--but aren't you guys kind of slumming it down here doing routine maintenance?" he asks, pointing once at Bentley's Command gold uniform and then tugging his own red shirt.

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Oh, I can tell you that," Zweller says. "It's a radio astronomy sensor, as you know, but Humans, Rigellians, Vulcans and Andorians were within the scan field during lab tests. And it's not that it failed to work, just that it interfered with biosensors."

Bentley tells Graham, "Phaser control is a Command responsibility on Constitution-class ships, sir. Most of us phaser techs have Engineering cross-training."

Two previous examples of such a crew assignment:

http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Angela_Martine
    http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_Tomlinson

Registered
    Mar 2012

Kylah's bottom lip is caught between her teeth as she mulls over whether to search for any recent news items. She does not want to be caught researching personal matters while on duty--but she also does not want to be the last to know of any unpleasant surprises.

After a few moments of indecision, she searches the last 24-hour period for any relevant keywords that might bring up the story--if it has, indeed, received any media coverage. Perhaps it is not newsworthy, she thinks optimistically, although she knows that is doubtful. An attack on a Starfleet officer is certainly worthy of coverage.

Still, that does not mean her identity has been released. For this reason, she performs searches including her name as well as omitting it.

Registered
    May 2013

Graham smiles slightly. "Well I'd best move on then - if I learn you guys can also cook or sing, too I'm going to start feeling damned inadequate." He gestures toward the console. "Good luck and godspeed with it."

Assuming he's not otherwise interrupted, Graham decides to head toward Life Support on Deck 3--which would be close by the Botany lab if I remember correctly, he notes.
    Last edited by general_urko; 05 Aug 2015 at 07:13 PM. Reason: phrasing

Registered
    Sep 2009

Kylah immediately finds several newsnet references to her case, both on Anubis and in the Federation beyond, with only one story mentioning her by name. Her heart sinks when she sees the publication's title.

Bentley and Carr get back to work. A few minutes later, Graham finds Life Support on Deck 3. The compartment is about five times the size of the Bridge. Pipes and ducts line the overhead and bulkheads. They all run into or out of several large, bulky machines, which, he knows, very efficiently take in, filter, clean and recycle the air, water, and waste products generated by the crew. The Yorktown is a closed-system ecology, and this - and identical facilities on Decks 8, 13 and 21 - is what makes it all possible. Lt. Granai, a female Tiburonian, is the sole duty officer. She says, "Welcome, Ensign. I don't think we've met before...?"

http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Tiburonian
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 05 Aug 2015 at 11:49 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2012

The sight of her name on the screen sends Kylah's stomach lurching. She cannot forget the near-miss with the journalist Walcott who nearly published those horrible rumors about her and Palver--and worse, that lurid story alleging a relationship with Fastolfe that so embarrassed her.

At least that nauseating piece linking Fastolfe with a 'curvy ensign' did not use her name, although it might as well have for all the speculation it caused. This blurb, however, offers no such ambiguity. Kylah hesitates before selecting the full text and prays, Please let it be nothing nearly so bad. Finally she taps her console to read the full article.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"That's true. By all accounts the new sensor is going to be a great leap forward, if it didn't have such an unwanted side effects, or a few little glitches to work out." Rangin nods. "Just for note, are we talking about all types of biosensor being affected, from the little ones the Docs use for monitoring an individual person to the large ships sensors, or somewhere in between?"

Rangin wonders what's the best way to approach it. "Hmm, I think I need a test subject, a biosensor and a demo, just to see what happens." Thinking a little further about it, Rangin has a follow up question for Zweller. "If we fire that thing up, it's not going to affect the biosensors in Sickbay is it?"

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

"I will speak with Lt. Cmdr. Roble about this," T'Var replies. "Thank you for your suggestions."

Registered
    Sep 2009

The Anubis Times, Solar Post, FedNewsNow and Update: Thoth newsnets have short articles on what happened to Kylah, although not mentioning her by name.

The popular Federation tabloid You Know You Want It has a story with most of the facts, although sensationalized. The story closes with, "No word yet on whether the shocking attack on and robbery of Ensign Princess Kylah was related to the Elasian royal's just-confirmed role in dispelling the false murder allegation against galactic megasuperstar Lord Fastolfe, as reported here in YNYWI just last week. Fastolfe claimed his "intimate connection" (and we all know what that means, winkwink) with the nubile young Starfleet officer was responsible for protecting him from a frame-up. Starfleet PR types in San Fran are mum, as usual, and Kylah was unavailable for comment."

Zweller says, "The scanning beams are directed outward, of course. We found that they just affected the larger ship's sensors - not handhelds, tricorders, Sickbay medical scanners or the like."

"Certainly," says Dr. Noel, smiling. "Anything else?"
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 06 Aug 2015 at 02:25 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Pressing a hand to her temple, Kylah stares at the report in numb disbelief. "Unavailable for comment," she whispers, disgusted. "You never asked for a comment!"

Now, in addition to the vulnerability she feels from having her traumatic attack blared across the newsnet, she is flooded with shame at the vile allegations of her "intimate connection" with Fastolfe--and its supposed influence on the investigation. It is worse than ever: unlike before, the insinuation of this so-called affair has been directly associated with her name, her rank, and worst of all her family.

Furious, Kylah slaps at her terminal controls so she no longer must face this invasive report. She does not understand. How could they have swooped down on this story so quickly? She understands that the assault on an officer would be ripe for a story, but how did they get her name? It is as if there is a reporter following her every movement.

Even though she cannot see the article, she has memorized it. She shakes her head in dismay. There is no choice, now; she must contact her Guardian as soon as possible. Unfortunately she cannot prevent others from seeing this squalid little rag, including those on the ship. And of course since it is in the news, it must be true. Yet they cannot even get my title right? It is absurd, I was never called Princess until I joined the supposedly egalitarian Starfleet, and now they will not stop!

Taking deep breaths, Kylah remembers her own thoughts. A reporter following her every movement... You Know You Want It certainly has no staff member tracking her activities on the Yorktown. But there might be someone feeding them information. Someone with an incomprehensible grudge... who has called her Princess.

Nausea builds within her. With a determined frown, Kylah hesitates, then taps her console and logs in to search the crew records, asking the computer to trace any outgoing communications from Lt. JG Mark Ferguson over the past 24 hours.

Registered
    May 2013

"Uh, no ma'am," Graham replies, looking around--sincerely impressed. "Ensign Graham. I'm on routine patrol in this area and new to this ship - I thought it would be worthwhile to see some of the critical facilities first-hand."

His brow furrows slightly. "If you don't mind me asking, lieutenant--how do the different locations interact? What I'm getting at is: if 'bad guys' were to seize one life support location, could they cripple life support across the ship, or is it the reverse--as long as the 'good guys' hold one location, we can keep life support functioning as we see fit?"

Registered
    Sep 2009

Kylah sees from the daily Comm summary that Ferguson has sent three offship messages in the past 24 hours. She would have to use an official access code if she wished to look at the recipients, subject lines or contents, which are of course protected under Starfleet privacy regs. She could get in trouble if she did so without orders and for nonofficial purposes.

Lt. Granai is short, bald and interestingly-eared. She says with a note of pride in her voice, "The ship's Life Support systems are independent and doubly redundant, Ensign. This compartment's reach extends from here throughout the primary hull. In an emergency, just this and one other secondary-hull LS plant could provide full service for all 430-some crew. All four may also function simultaneously, automatically dividing up the necessary work. At any given time, though, we usually have three online, and one offline for upgrades, diagnostics and routine maintenance. That's SOP. It spreads the LS burden and ensures that none ever has to run at full capacity if it's not mission-critical."

On the Bridge, Lt. Collins's reverie is interrupted by Ens. Carlos de la Paz, who took over the Security console when she took the big chair. "Ma'am," he says, a little hesitantly, "one of the other ships in this orbital grid is changing its orbit. It's not scheduled to do so, and it looks like it's going to pass awfully close - within half a kilometer of us."
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 06 Aug 2015 at 08:21 PM.

Registered
    May 2013

Graham nods approvingly--accepting the general point while recognizing he has no bloody idea how the experts make it all work--that the setup seems to make a lot of sense. "Impressive...ah, and comforting, I must say, as an oxygen-brethaer. I'll leave you to your work, but before I go...as an expert, any advice for Security if we were to be faced with boarders who breathed a different atmosphere and might be trying to seize control of the ship's environment?"

Registered
    Mar 2012

Kylah tightens her fists to keep from breaching protocol and the law by snooping into Ferguson's messages. If he is responsible, let him be damned to the lava pits of the southern continent, she swears. All she can do is copy down the timestamps of the messages, sending them to her own account, and logs out before anyone notices that she is lingering within the crew's database.

All this occurs before she senses de la Paz's unease, and she listens in to his report to Collins. Alert, she changes her focus from her own problems to the ship's, and prepares herself to send a warning hail--once she finds out which vessel is causing the potential danger, and of course awaiting Collins's order.

I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

"Hail them," is the first thing Collins says, and while she waits for contact to be made, "Helm, can we safely move out of their way?"

Registered
    Mar 2012

Kylah tightens her jaw for a second in frustration. "At once, ma'am, when I know which ship to hail. Ensign de la Paz, can you identify the vessel that broke orbit?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

"That's good," replies Rangin with a smile, "I'd hate to have an angry doctor tapping me on the shoulder asking what's just happened to Sickbay."

He nods back to Dr Brold and Lt. Patel, "Thanks for that, it's been useful. Let's see how they're doing and what steps they want to take next."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

"No," T'Var says. "Thank you for your time."

Registered
    Sep 2009

Lt. Granai says thoughtfully, "Well... I guess they could reprogram the LS system to provide whatever atmosphere they breathed. That'd take some doing - you'd need to do it across the entire system, all four facilities, or you'd still have an M-class nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere being propagated somewhere. Hmm. If I were boarding the Yorktown as, say, a chlorine-breathing bad guy, I'd want to stay in my spacesuit until I'd killed everybody aboard anyway. Or maybe I'd introduce some terrible virus into the LS ducts, or... let's see. Maybe set explosive charges on the hull and try to blow out all of the air that's already there?" She smiles at Graham. "Those are some morbid thoughts, right? Maybe I should be in Security, too."

Kylah is able to copy the timestamps of Ferguson's three messages without, she's pretty confident, anyone else noticing.

De la Paz taps at the Security panel. "It's the Chorell, ma'am. A Spican freighter." The name rings a bell for Collins, but she can't quite place it.

Lt. Kendin, at the Helm, says, "We can move, ma'am, but should clear it with Anubis Port Control, time permitting." He checks his board. "On its current trajectory, the Chorell's closest point of approach will be in one minute, 13 seconds." He looks over his shoulder. "If I may say, ma'am, an unscheduled orbit change isn't necessarily cause for concern. It happens."

Dr. Brold and Lt. Patel turn to the two young officers as they approach. "Any progress?" Patel asks.

"Likewise," says Dr. Noel to T'Var. "Please send in Nurse Matthews as you go, would you...?"
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 07 Aug 2015 at 04:47 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Kylah nods a quick thanks to the security officer and opens up a hailing frequency. "This is the USS Yorktown requesting a response from the Chorell. Please respond."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Mister Kylah," Collins says "Please send a message to Anubis Port Control that we had to move to avoid a collision with the Chorell. Mister Kendin, as soon as the message is sent, please move us out of the Chorell's way." Why is that so familiar sounding? It's going to bug me until I remember! Her brow furrows as she watches the Bridge crew do their things.

Registered
    May 2013

"Well, remember we'll definitely need some folks with the expertise to counteract that deadly virus while Security sneaks around with pins to puncture those chlorine-breathers' enviro-suits," Graham replies, returning the smile. "Thanks for your time, ma'am."

If he's not interrupted he heads for the Botany lab.

Registered
    Sep 2009

After a few seconds, Kylah has a response: "Yorktown, this is the Chorell. Go ahead."

Kendin says, a little hesitantly, "There's no risk of collision, ma'am. They'll just be passing relatively close by. Did you still want me to shift orbit?"

"Glad to," the Tiburonian woman says to Graham. "Come by anytime."

The Security officer makes his way to the Botany Lab. It is about twice the size of a crew lounge and very crowded, with a verdant assortment of colorful growing things - mostly green, but not all - filling shelf after shelf. Two men in Science blue, an Asian and a Tellarite, are apparently repotting plants. "Yes...?" the Asian man says.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 07 Aug 2015 at 11:36 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2012

Kylah glances back at Collins and Kendin while she answers the ship. "Your change in orbit means that you will pass within a half-kilometer of our ship. Are you aware of the proximity of your path, or is something wrong and you cannot see us?" She mutes her side of the conversation and offers quickly: "Lieutenant Collins, I strongly recommend that we do not move until we determine the Chorell's destination."
    Last edited by choie; 08 Aug 2015 at 12:04 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Good idea, Ensign," Collins states, "Mister Kendin, stand ready." As she waits for the Chorell to respond, she racks her brain for where and when she'd heard that ship's name before.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

T'Var leaves Noel's office, then checks in on Fujishiro. The doctor contacts Lt. Cmdr. Roble.

"I would like to speak with you at your convenience," she says.

Registered
    May 2013

"I was on patrol in this part of the ship and I heard some rutabagas got out of hand," Graham jokes, hoping these botanists have a sense of humor.

Either way, he smiles gamely and continues. "Actually, it's Ens. Graham - Booker Graham, feel free to call me Booker because I was hoping some of the botany experts could help me with something personal...if you could, I'd sure appreciate it..."

Registered
    Sep 2009

Kylah hears, "Yorktown, yes, we're changing orbit due to a misdirected cargo on the surface. Nothing to worry about."

Collins thinks she might have read of the Chorell in a news report, but isn't sure.

Fujishiro's condition has not changed. In T'Var's best medical judgment, regretfully, the young Japanese woman could die within hours or days.

Roble says, "I'm at your disposal, Doctor. Shall I come down there?"

The Vulcan healer remembers that Dr. Noel asked her to do something before leaving Sickbay.

The Asian man says to Graham, "Welcome to Botany, Mr. Graham. I'm Lt. JG Geoffrey Park; this is Lt. Gral. No rutabagas today, unfortunately." They shake hands. "What can we do for you?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Chorell, this is Lieutenant Collins. Was your change cleared with Anubis Port Control? Because your flight path brings you uncomfortably close to our ship. Could you alter it a bit please?" Collins then mutes the audio, and turns to Kylah. "Ensign, would you please search the news feeds for the last week for the Chorell? I seem to recall reading something about them." She then unmutes the audio and waits for the other ship's reply.
    Last edited by anyrose; 09 Aug 2015 at 06:05 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Yes ma'am, we have made progress in as much as I can see what tests you have already carried out and the results and helping me narrow down what I should be looking for next and where to concentrate my initial efforts," replies Rangin to Lt Patel.

"Is there anything you would like to continue with?"

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

"That would be fine," T'Var tells Roble. "I wish to discuss Mr. Fujishiro with you."

Once T'Var is finished conversing with Lt. Cmdr. Roble, she will advise Nurse Matthews that Dr. Noel would like to see her.

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Yorktown, sorry, we're committed to this new orbit. Don't worry, we won't hit you," comes the reply, with a chuckle.

Kylah finds no news stories in the past month, let alone the past week, mentioning the Spican freighter.

"No," says Lt. Patel to Rangin, "just continue your work. As soon as you have a testable hypothesis, I'd like to hear it."

Nurse Matthews nods in response to Dr. T'Var's request and goes to Dr. Noel's office.

The Science Officer arrives about five minutes later. "Yes, Doctor?"

Registered
    May 2013

"Well, like I said," Graham replies, "it's strictly a personal request, so don't feel any obligation. But here's what I had in mind..."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"One testable hypothesis ma'am? I've got four options so far that are worth looking into, although it will probably require some more help from Engineering to set tests up for them." Rangin casts one eye over the sensor and looking to the space beside it wondering if there was a spare bio-sensor array he could purloin for the duration of the testing.

Turning back to Lt. Patel. "The options so far are as follows: Signal Overload, Harmonic Resonance, Signal Dampening, or a more Direct Intervention. Given that you have already carried out some testing into Signal Overload and Dampening, I think starting with possible Harmonic Resonance and Direct Intervention are probably the best ways to start as it will also provide a grounded base to continue any further experiments in determining the cause of the issues."

"The initial hypothesis I'm going to start with is that the new prototype sensor is, in some way to be determined, directly affecting the biosensor array itself when they are both run together. The first test, which can also form the basis for all other tests going forward is to prove or disprove any anomalous effect on the sensor which will also give us the benefit of showing that any test going forward will not be affected by the state of the sensor and that some alternate cause is the reason behind the issue being noted."

Rangin smiles up at Dr Brold and Lt Patel." Yes, I am aware from the readings that it should have no impact on any other array and the signal variations seem to show that, which is why starting from first principles might be of use."

"Any questions?" he politely enquires of the pair.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

"Mr. Fujishiro's condition has deteriorated to the point where her death will occur very soon," T'Var says. "I would like to know who her closest friends and colleagues are so that they may spend some time with her now."

Registered
    Sep 2009

Lt. Gral hears out Graham, then smiles as only a Tellarite can, and says, "I think we may be able to help you, Mr. Graham...."

Patel nods. "Sounds like a good approach. Carry on, Mr. Rangin."

Roble's shoulders slump a little. "That's about what I expected, but I'm still sorry to hear it. Poor Iota. Well... I know she was close with Ens. Rachel Hayes, our xenosociologist, and Lt. JG Collins and Ens. Delaney, I think... hmm, and Mr. Pourtash, the helmsman. And Lt. Joseph Bancroft, our astrophysicist, although perhaps not as much as the others. I'd start with them, anyway. I'll pass the word among the rest of the Science Department."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"You didn't answer my question," Collins says pleasantly to the voice coming from the Chorell "Anubis Port Control knows about your new heading, right?"
    Nothing in the news? she thinks. That's odd. I could swear I just read something about that ship.
    With the intership audio muted, she says "Kylah, please check other sources, like entertainment and science and whatever else you can think of. I know I saw something recently." Collins then signals to unmute the audio.

Registered
    May 2013

Five minutes later, Graham leaves the botany lab, with... Do I have a spring my step? he wonders. Sure, what the hell, I'll go for that, I do have a little extra spring in my step.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rangin nods in acknowledgement. "Thank you ma'am, I'll get right to it." He starts to make out a list of the technical bits and pieces he will need as he starts thinking about the space next to the prototype and the terminal already being put in place to run it. It could probably double up to run both the new prototype and a bio sensor along side it.

On completing the list, he runs through it under his breath, just to make sure he hasn't missed anything.

"Ok, I'm going to require a Mk III Terra Systems Lifeform analysis array, see if we can get it installed alongside over there and cabled in to the sensor terminal desk there and powered up from over there. Hmm, I wonder if Lt. Cmdr. Cheverez has an older backup Mk VI Garudo Sensor System lying around. It's not as powerful, but easier to take apart and figure out what's going on inside it...and if I, err we break it, it's not that important to running the ship. Oh well, go with what we have."

Rangin finishes the list and sends it on to Lt. Cmdr. Cheverez and following straight up by asking to be put through to him on the shipboard comms in order to go through his initial request.

Closed thread