+ Reply to thread

Thread: Thanksgiving 2014 pics!

Registered
    Jul 2013

Default Thanksgiving 2014 pics!

I trust you guys, but I know there are butt-hurt enemies elsewhere known to you who want to hurt me, so please don't screw me over by comparing it with published similar photos. I know you guys wouldn't, but some people are sociopaths.

The only picture I have of me with both my nephews, and I think it's always cute to see Huey and Dewey banging away at the keyboard, with Uncle Donald helping out:

http://i.imgur.com/KYXpAFf.jpg
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 30 Nov 2014 at 06:11 PM. Reason: decided to just link it since the image file I have is sized too obnoxiously for a forum.

Registered
    Feb 2009

That is a great picture. Being an uncle is one of the funnest things in the world.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I agree. I don't have the "dad gene," but I like kids in general. They make me laugh.

Oh and BTW thanks! It was my sister's mother-in-law who took all the pictures, but it was all Huey and Dewey once they figured out the piano -- there was no stopping them!

I figured it was avuncular duty to step in and save everyone the joy of some little kids just pounding a la Cecil Taylor () on piano. Hell, they might even learn something.

Besides! I know everyone thinks their family is adorable, but look at Miles (the older one) intently rumbling away on bass and Sean just sort of going with the flow (he's the one who started it! I think he might be the musician in the family).
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 30 Nov 2014 at 07:40 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Nice, Jizzel! Having my nieces over for long weekends before we had kids of our own gave their parents a break, and let my wife and me "practice parent." Win-win. And we knew they'd be going back home on Sunday night!

Registered
    Jul 2013

Next year, I guess. I'm the one who's conveniently hidden behind my sister's sister-in-law doing the bunny ears.

Eh, it was a fun night. Dig Dewey nephew at the kid's table, looking morose.

I did have a good ten or so good minutes when my sister's father-in-law started talking at length about Ub Iwerks -- I got on the piano and started accompanying his monologue with silent-movie style accompaniment. Lots of diminished chords, appoggiatura, passing chords, the occasional tritone.

ETA I challenge anyone to find a more white Thanksgiving family than me. Christ, that is a fucking sea of doughy white! Shit, well, I'm only related to a handful of them by blood.

EETA They say the fucking smog is the reason the fucking sunsets are so fucking beautiful. I hope you drive better than you can fucking spell. Just because.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 29 Nov 2015 at 04:49 AM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

You should have seen the looks of surprise when, even after walking to my sister's house en masse for desert and coffee, I wasn't drunk. I even got to molest the youngest nephew. By which I mean, pick him up and stuff, and nobody rushed to my aid thinking I'd drop him on his face.

Keep in mind, the last time I saw these guys was the 4th of July, where, after fireworks at the coast, I exploded in a booze-fuelled rage at my father (granted, it was provoked), giving the highest criticisms of his manliness, possible latent homosexuality, whatever you want, I said it, in dry, measured words, at great length.

And see? They even let a tiny corner of my head appear in this picture. I don't remember how that was taken -- either Miles, my eldest nephew, took it or they had a timer.

+ Reply to thread