+ Reply to thread

Thread: How guillible are you IRL

Registered
    Jul 2013

Default How guillible are you IRL

Yeah, so in a moment of lassitude and weakness I was reading some idiot blurb about whatever.

Made me consider that I'd like other opinions on things like being pickpocketed and whatever.

Am I so cynical that I never, for one second, ever, consider standing for any period of time in any public place without being aware of where my belongings are?

In my view, if you can't immediately, whenever you, say, hear some auditory cue, for example, grab your belongings and do whatever, then you are dead.

But I don't live in a big city now -- and I'm an easy-going guy, I regularly just chat with random people waiting for elevators or trade smiles/smirks when somebody does something stupid.

Just, for some reason, there will never, ever be a time in public when I am not anticipating some hick pulling a con on me.

Unless I been drinking -- then it can happen.

But I mean regular.

Yeah, so talk about that or whatever.

What kind of stupid hillbilly who isn't drunken gets pickpocketed/isn't aware of his or her surroundings?

Registered
    Jul 2013

On the other hand, it would be too bad if the malfeasants who are obliged to use my roadways and other infrastructure in a safety-preserving manner were to have their bodies removed from active service, when they probably interact with an approved vehicle in a nehative manner.

It would be too bad if someone's entire family were destroyed, and the perpetratring survivor lived in physical and spiritual agony, because of inattention.

I would hate to see a mere citizen shoulder that responsibility.

That would be too bad.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Oh yeah, that last missive wasn't very clear.

What I was trying to say is I laugh out loud whenever I hear about some moron colliding with a train, which happens pretty often.

My thought (?) is that such an individual is defective and, if he or she damages his or her offspring or kin, that's great.

Of course, it's an inconvenience to regular people, but that's life, and it gives regular people something to laugh about.

ETA that can be a car+train or bicyclist+train or whatever -- doesn't matter. Just pay some attention, if you want to be a gadget fetishist like a private civilian hobbyist automobilist or bicyclist or jogger. You literally do not matter, but you are funny to read about when you get creamed, you dumb fucking fetishists.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 21 Sep 2014 at 04:20 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

My kid pulled the "Did you know gullible isn't in the Dictionary" bit on a friend of his.

The friend went to the Dictionary and looked up "gullible".

My kid had fun explaining the joke.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Two sayings I've always liked:

I like to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out of my head.

I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born last night.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally posted by Rube E. Tewesday View post
    My kid pulled the "Did you know gullible isn't in the Dictionary" bit on a friend of his.

The friend went to the Dictionary and looked up "gullible".

My kid had fun explaining the joke.
    It's a classic! I'll give odds that the explainee still didn't get it, though.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Probably true.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Sad but true. Stop raising nerds!

In my experience, some people just don't get it if you put a rock in their head. Sad, but I been both the rocker and the rockee. Not proud of either, but then again, I was like eight years old, so one presumes I had time to learn.

sorry if that got too personal -- honestly, I thought it was funny. believe it or not, I was a kid once too

ETA the "Wanna see a Hertz Donut"? is a good one.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 07 Dec 2014 at 11:48 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hey, no offence: it was my kid razzing another kid, after all.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah, I know. bravo uniform tango india mike india bravo echo oscar november tango hotel india november india charlie echo, so cover my bases.

+ Reply to thread