+ Reply to thread

Thread: IsSo

Registered
    Jul 2013

Default IsSo

When I first got into the web, it was for stuff like food and music and stuff.

Like there is these whole things about that stuff.

Full of knowledgeable people and whatever, and just like IRL some handles got to be like ridiculous and lots of like knowledgeable and whatever.

So save as draft or whatever.

Yeah you guys are OK, so whatever.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Best thing about food on the interwebs - all the recipes to try out.

Although I do want to know why American's can't make a dish without including vanilla in absolutely everything.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Never used vanilla in one single dish. It's a boss ice cream flavor, though, for the occasional John Candy impersonator. that made no sense...oh well, can't all be winners.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I'm no cook, but my wife is a great baker, and uses vanilla only infrequently (have to admit, I love the smell).

Registered
    Jul 2013

See, I'm a great cook but a lousy baker. Well, "great" meaning "sort of okay once in a while," and "lousy" meaning "do not literally care one inch"

Wait a minute....bread is baked! I'm a great bread baker! I'm going to go ahead and guess you mean the other kind of baking -- the girls in the kitchen making cookies or pies and stuff.

Funny, my father was, and, afaik, still is, an amazing sweets baker. For a type i diabetic, he just relishes making these things he doesn't really eat. Decent bread baker, but I hold my own. He does finicky stuff like bagels and other shaped breads I have never had the inclination to deal with. Maybe that's where I got it from. Good cook, super nerdthusiast for little hobbies, but when I took it for myself, even just cooking myself as a bachelor, then I made it my own without having the same non-sweet-tooth-that-is-vicarious-sweet-tooth.

I love my pop, glad he's with us, but it is going to not be good to deal with when he goes. I hope his meticulous (no doubt) financial planning comes with plenty of Post-Its already attached and maybe some Excel charts I can just glance at and leave it to my BIL after doing what I do best, namely, making time with my mother. No shit, she's not going to be good. Oh well, hey it's kind of their life, their problem. Sounds cold, but aside from being a warm gooey center of crazy talk, not much I can do.

+ Reply to thread