+ Reply to thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: The funny RL observations and anecdotes thread RPG omnibus

Registered
    Jul 2013

You wouldn't believe it if I told you.

Few weeks, number of broads. Minor traffic mishap. Sophie's birthday at work yesterday.

But I got Rachel's phone number, and I'm playing it straight, no monkey business about me over-texting this very pretty woman from Western PA (Pitts) who teaches school kids and both smokes, drinks and third plays an OK game of pool. And she knows NYC, and she lives ten minutes her gig and five minutes from the crib in PDX. And she probably doesn't have crabs or chlamydia, so I rule!

***AND*** I managed to piss off Janice yesterday by being a polite customer sipping Laphroaig 10 and calling her "honey" and all that like I do everybody else. She actually said to my face "Could you stop calling me 'honey' and 'sweetheart
    ?" The balls on that woman. Former friend. Obviously not current friend, That woman makes me want to puke, and she keeps showing up at bar. ***DENNOCH*** the bar manager was right there, who is the only reason that c**&* works there and said to me "I got that case of Bushmills Black you asked for, first one's on me!" Boo-ya. Third act? "Hey, Janice, sweetie, do me a favor and grab me a Rainier from back there, would you?" Janice about shit her pants about that...but....I'm the man! Don't fuck with the man! Jaime beat the snot out of me at the pool table, but he's pretty goddamned good.

Fucking great. That actually makes me happy, upsetting enemies. I really despise Janice, and I think that anecdote should illustrate why. But I like other people and I'm not giving up, and the bar manager has my back as well.

And whose digits have I got? Fucking Rachel's. Goddamned right, motherfucker!
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 11 Dec 2021 at 09:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Registered
    Jul 2013

Wow.

I normally try to avoid that place when I known whatserface is going to be there. (J is a bartender a few times a week, who used to be a friend).

Judas fricking priest.

She was not hysterical, nor was I, but I had no idea. She literally admitted to have been thinking about this supposed "incident" for several days. This was about a week ago, and she served me for maybe thirty minutes.

To her credit, she was rather calm and the gist was "I'd appreciate it if you not call me 'good girl' or 'honey' and so forth."

Wow.

I think I fixed it but just being calm and listening to her and telling her that's how it is, and it has nothing to do with her and that AFAIC, we just have a professional relationship, and hearing her concerns.

But, man, that was a good ten minutes of unloading on her part.

Which is OK with me: I'm a good listener and believe it or not I sometimes understand people.

Really? Janice spent days and days formulating this little obviously pre-rehearsed speech to me? She doesn't know that I consider her an enemy? And certainly not a friend.

Actually, that's kind of endearing, but I wouldn't go there with a ten foot pole.

But, I think I made her understand that it's not personal, it's business.

+ Reply to thread