+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The ominbus when-the-frak-does-it-start-again TV thread

Registered
    Jul 2013

Default The ominbus when-the-frak-does-it-start-again TV thread

Yeah, so now I'm seriously anti-anti-anti-anti-mellow about new seasons of TV shows. I'll even include some ones still-on-the-radar-but-not-that-much-care.

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL THREAD ABOUT REAL STUFF SO DON'T FUCK UP!!!!!

Robot Chicken
    Bob's Burgers
    American Dad
    Family Guy
    Californication
    Elementary! (yeah, I know, Lucy Liu [sp] sux, but I like Johnny Miller)

Probably missing a bunch of stuff, so fill in the blanks.

DO EEET!!!! GET TO ZE CHOPPPER! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA

how could I forget?

Bates Motel!

ETTA

and, for good measure, why not, since this is an info thread,
    that......show...."Mad Men" (geez, that's still on? I guess it's an English thing Pretty sure it's a summer show.)

ETTTA

I guess it's Jonny Lee Miller, well, whatever. He'll always be Mr. Jolie to me, also that little dude in that TV about the Dexter.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 22 Feb 2014 at 10:20 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Amazing Race starts tomorrow. My family likes that a lot.

My kid and I will be happy when baseball is back on TV.

Registered
    Jul 2013

That's still on (actually, could probably say that about baseball, but that's another paragraph)?

Jesus, I'm surprised at the longevity of some of these. I guess I saw *Amazing Race* back when we had our little front room set up for TV, like 10 years ago?

Kind of amusing, both the passage of time, and, objectively, the show was kind of fun.

You know, since I took this little portable TV out of my office (yeah, well, after a year or so in a new place, it comes time to decide "are my feet going on this part of the desk or on the floor like a plebe?" ... might have something to do with my recent back problems....), two years ago, I haven't seen a single MLB game on TV.

And now, since moving, what, like 4 years ago, i guess, into my condo as a resident-who-has-to-cover-bullshit-hoa-fees-&%^@(&#&-and-witness-the-squandering-by-the-inept-board, from a much smaller studio apartment, I haven't even got my system of antennae all that figured out for my tuner/receiver.

can you fucking imagine? That's like two solid seasons, no baseball. And, overlap with the tennis season, which I also fucking love. I follow neither closely, about as much as hockey, which I also love, but enough to appreciate the games and follow them.

What should be a year-round of plenty -- double-threat baseball and tennis in spring through late summer, and hockey in the winter -- is basically a seasons of sadness. To be fair, I have never bought cable TV in my life, and I think NHL is really stingy about any network TV fights games, even on basic cable. But when I was a bit more flush, it was worth it to go pass a few hours to check out the Sabres or one of the lesser teams in some bar.

well, tbh, I'm not that much a hockey fan, I just don't care to watch football or B-ball (in the latter, c'mon, I want it like the old days I missed in the 1970s because I was too young and my folks didn't have a fancy setup and my pops didn't give a shit, so maybe just trying to catch up on what I missed, but it's not the same for me on a small TV. Live B-Ball, though, that's a nice thing, but not the same thing as really following, and it's not really a radio sport, although an older buddy who came up in the 1960s as a young adult said there was an experimental phase when they tried it out.)

Naw, besides, is John Miller still calling play-by-play from SF? That's the guy I'd listen to on radio every day calling a ball game. Oh well. Maybe this will be the year I can see what I missed in baseball -- some scandals, I gather, and even though I haven't heard shit, I'm just guessing there's a bunch of new blood in the big tennis majors. TBH I just want to watch Sharapova play. From behind. Christ, so fucking what? Yeah, well, she's a great athlete with a lot of heart, and it's kind of a work of art to watch someone deliver and move like an artist.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Finished watching *House of Cards* season 2 this morning before getting streetside.

Pretty engaging. I saw Michael Park's name way down on the final episodes' credits -- don't remember seeing him at all. Maybe the guy who was in *Then Came Bronson* (awesome show) was actually Michael ParkS. Well, you snooze you lose I guess.

Kristen Connolly was in some of those. And the guy from the *Dawn of the Dead* remake was that sleazy fixer -- chief of staff or something like that to the
    Spoiler (mouseover to read):
    veep

But whoever wrote the dialogue for the last two episodes should probably be got with a firehose. Sounds like some high school or college student's idea of "dramatic" speeches. Makes me sick, sick I tell you. Not that I would ever criticize anyone or anything deliberately.

I'm wondering if the character Jackie Sharp was supposed to be a riff on Becky Sharpe (sp?) from *Vanity Fair* -- doesn't make too much sense, but more than all those "great men of history" names they gave people on *Lost*.

Can't wait for *Californication* and *Bates Motel* to start again. And, of course, *Robot Chicken*, the finest ten-minute comedy animated show in the whole world.

ETA that spoiler-box thingy is the balls AND the tits. Great!
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 25 Feb 2014 at 05:10 PM.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I'm enjoying HBO's True Detective. The episodes can be a little slow but they are really well done and keep getting better.

I'm happy the Olympics are over so my silly sitcoms are back. I watch How I Met Your Mother, final season and it has run its course but still entertaining at times. Community is made of awesome and will hopefully some how find a larger audience but this show is on the cut bubble every year. Big Bang Theory which is doing great but is having an uneven year to me. It is rounded out with The Crazy Ones or Mork & Buffy as I like to call it. Mostly good if a little frantic at times. SMG is pretty good at comedy.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I've seen that *How I Met yr Mother* a few times.

Pretty funny -- I mean, look who they got acting in it. You got your *Freaks and Geeks* your *Doogie Howser/Harold and Kumar* your *Buffy/Angel*.

Still not sure what the premise is, besides "Listen up, kids, let me tell you a story..." Kind of still doesn't make that much sense to me. Probably have to, like, you know, actually watch the show more than a handful of times to get it, but who has the time anymore?

Cute show. Might be a good one to pick up on disc when it's all winded down.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Archer has begun its latest season over on FX. Crazy, raunchy, very funny animated spy spoof.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I still record every new episode of Supernatural, but somehow I never feel like watching it.

What's that about?

Registered
    Sep 2009

I'm the same way with some PBS documentaries. I see it listed in the program schedule, think, "Oh, that sounds interesting," and record it... and then never quite get around to watching it! Eventually I delete it with a vague feeling of guilt.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    I'm the same way with some PBS documentaries. I see it listed in the program schedule, think, "Oh, that sounds interesting," and record it... and then never quite get around to watching it! Eventually I delete it with a vague feeling of guilt.
    I do that with some old movies. I recorded the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde from 1941 starring Spencer Tracy but never got around to watching it and then deleted it. There are a few dozen other films that has happened with.

Registered
    Jul 2013

SMG is in a new show? I watched pretty religiously *Ringers* (I think it was called...pretty sure. It was a while ago and then kind of stopped watching after two seasons I think). She's easy on the eyes. That is the depth of my insight into her craft.

Oh yeah, so here's the news:

*Californication* April 13th. Yeah, it's a little played out after how many seasons, but I like Pamela Adlon and Evan Handler is good, and Deirdre-from-*Ronin* is great (something McElhone, IIRC). Kind of tiresome every male character is like ZOMG she's the perfect and best person ever! But she might be, who knows.

*Bates Motel* March 3rd. Woohoo! You know, Olivia Hussey may have been startling and arresting and all that in *Psycho III* (I think that was the one), but this new Norma Bates gives even teen naked Juliet a run for the business.

And I forgot until when I was doing some "research" on Melanie Lynskey that that kid Jimmi Simpson was in kind of a weird little subplot of that *House/Cards* -- huh. I didn't know he was like a real actor-man. Whatever, but always good to keep an eye on the *Sunny/Philadelphia* kids.

Registered
    Jul 2013

ATTENTION IMPORTANT READ NOW

Oh, maybe not.

So it looks like the two other shows I like I overlooked (don't know how/why), *It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia* and *The League* are back sometime this year, but probably way later, like in the fall or whatever.

Well, *Philadelphia* kind of seemed a little flat the past two seasons or so. But Devito's "Frank" totally stole that "wine in an empty soda can" thing from me. I was doing it before it was cool. Ten years it will have been on? Shit, that's a long-ass time.

And I was so pleased that *The League* killed off that Raffi/Rafi kid...not that funny. Then they brought him back or whatever. Boo. They should probably tone down that long-haired douchebag's character a bit too. It's funny enough without all the antics.

Yes, I tried and failed to watch the chick's movie (Katie Aselton IIRC) movie about....something about marital infidelity. But failed miserably.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I can't get into Sunny. If I want to watch horrible people doing horrible things, I just have to go to work.

I gather there's going to be a new season of "Heroes of Cosplay". I would like to see that. I've no interest in cosplay or fandom in general myself, but the dedication those guys show is kind of awesome.

Sigh...I miss Zuul, who, IIRC was a pretty serious cosplayer.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I love Danny Devito. But I hate Sunny in Philly. The show does not work for me on any level. Hell I gave up on Seinfeld part way through the series as the characters were unlikable. So no chance for Sunny.

Registered
    Jul 2013

TNP thinks cosplay is beyond retarded, and would only go to a comicCon if arson were legalized.

This poster agrees, and also thinks you two are beyond weak for hating on *Sunny/Philadelphia*. I don't think the gang really do too much bad stuff, they're just morons.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Heh, "hating" is a bit strong, I just have things I'd rather do with my time.

But still, I'd rather see Yaya Han rocking some superhero costume than watch Sunny, and that's a fact.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Meh, I'd rather watch *Dune* and marvel at Sting's codpiece.

Registered
    Feb 2009

BBT was very good last night. Community was mostly meh and Crazy Ones was lame. So overall not a good post Olympic return for me.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Oh Yaya Han isn't just something you made up, I see, or some in-board reference.

Well, fine, she might rock the codpiece a little better than Sting. But I bet Sting's codpieces don't smell so good these days -- he used them for hours, I heard.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Ha, I was wondering about you preferring Sting to Yaya. (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Actually, I've grown strangely fascinated with her. Making a living and being the star in such a little niche

Registered
    Jul 2013

Hey, stop the patriarchal hegemony!

You know, just off her wikipedia thing, I was like, (a) huh, OK, it's a real person, and it's a female specimen who I guess does stuff IRL and (b) she does some shows and (c) maybe I'll watch some of that shows.

Ten out of ten awesome people like RL performance art, like Fluxus and everything and sound poetry and even some of that visual-plastic thing and movies, therefore being one of ten, she might be doing something good.

I like that, in the pictures I've seen doing one google search, she's not really playing up the whole meat-market ZOMGITSAGIRLINACOSTUMEWITHOUTACNEOREMOTIONALISSUES ANDISANADULTS! Leads me to think her game might have more to do with presentation and reflection, rather than getting lost in the parabasis of irony.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Bates Motel season is on. WTF happened? Now it's like those ridiculous teenager shows, with stupid stylish visuals, like it's a fake-*The Crow*, and stupid crap like that idiotically dramatic eulogy by the preacher man, and everyone in a backwater town happening to own black suits, black umbrellas, like they're like a bunch of Italian mobsters, and a bunch of stupid pop music. Sucks. It's like that differently-abled show with the gossip girls.

It used to be like Twin Peaks kind of vibe.

Now it sucks.

sucks.

I'm very disappointed. And angry. How dare they! I'm dedicated to my favorite shows! Don't they understand? Why don't they respect me! I'm the customer! I put their kids through school! I buy their cocaine and Colt 45! Me! How dare they!

Oh yeah IMPORTANT READ NOW LOUIE IS BACK SOMETIME IN APRIL OR MAY! I hope he gets more Parker Posey -- she's still pretty attractive for an old broad. Would watch.

Registered
    Feb 2009

OK, I have never seen Bates Motel, but I think you may have put your finger on it with "It used to be like Twin Peaks kind of vibe".. Twin Peaks went down hill very fast too. I think it's really hard to deliver a payoff that suits the atmosphere you've created. The only show I can think of that came close to doing that was "Babylon 5", and it could have done a lot better if they hadn't had to do so much re-writing to meet the ever present threat of being cancelled before they delivered.

Registered
    Jul 2013

That'sa dirty lie....OK, yeah, Twin Peaks got stupid PDQ. The movie was excellent, though. Except they lost Lara Flynn Boyle and "Audrey," which kind of sucked. Way too much Ben Horne.

WTF is all this Babylon 5 shit?

NERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eta I think they killed off Parker Posey in *Louie* -- one of those "very special episodes" or maybe I'm just confused again. True fact: I struck up a little nerd-ship with a woman named Parker in a calculus class. But she was in a LTR with a professional lady mathematician, and also not my type. Probably don't meet too many women or people named Parker, so therefore that's of enormous interest to everyone.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 06 Mar 2014 at 02:27 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

OK, Bates Motel seems to be getting back a little bit out of Gossip Girl assface land.

Norma Bates (that's {Norman}-{n}) is getting even spicier and crazier. Her character kind of reminds me of someone I know.

That Nestor Carbonell (sp?) is cool! Like an ethnic Steve McQueen, just kind of cool. Well, minus the cool stuff like Ali Sheedy and motorcycle racing and car driving, but you know, cool for today's age of neutered sensitive new-aged feel-goodery. I'd ask why he doesn't do movies, but given that independent art movies are big pieces of shit run by asshole millenial hobo chic film-school hipster douches trapped in the Whedonverse, who gives a shit?

They seemed to get most of the crappiest dialogue out of their smegma-crusted crankholes in the first few minutes. Why can't these "writers" just shut up and write some good dialogue? That's literally the only job they have to do, ever, at anything, is write dialogue. C'mon, I'm not being any more an asshole than anyone who complains for a moment at the Circle K clerk who is kind of a dick every time you go in, or the recycling truck guy who seems to take pleasure in being extra loud. I don't hate them, I just think they should do their fucking jobs and stop whining about how much it sucks. David Lynch, Quentin Tarantino -- those people write dialogue, and I somewhat doubt people like that are under some delusions about how they are "crafting" the infrastructure for the collective dreams of their movies when they are figuring out the mere words. "Pull the strings! Pull the strings!" Yeah, no, probably not. If they were, they'd be making twink garbage shit like *Schenectady* or whatever that was. If the others don't like writing dialogue, they should go be a "show runner" or produce or direct or help build sets, or learn a trade like accounting or electricity, if they want to stay in their industry and aren't happy with writing dialogue. I mean, seriously, I have never seen one of those advertising sign-twirlers go apeshit or do a really crap job twirling the sign -- just suck it up. Hipster douche millenial fuckheads.

Oh yeah, none of you people are hipster douche millenial fuckheads, right? I mean, if you are, then I'm not talking about you. Also, if you actually have or are an assneck, then I was talking about those other people, the next town over, the ones with the really big assnecks.

Oh I looked up for fun "omnibus" in some shit online "dictionary" -- whatever passes for an actual dictionary online, who the hell knows, whatever. Do people not use "omnibus" as an adjective? I thought that was a thing. Well, whatever, you know what I mean, and I'll be damned if I'm going to stop using it because some garbage neutered fake dictionary whatever. American Heritage or OED. Those are dictionaries. I don't know what the fuck this other crap is supposed to be. Maybe they haven't been properly incentivized, and prioritization of the profit-center resources and human intel hasn't been vetted by our consultant team.

[size=1Oh, I was watching a few minutes of the rifftrax *Hunger Games* this AM. Holy shit. Not to go off-topic, but I think I have a porno that has a woman who looks *exactly* like the main hunter-lady. Right down to the Tony Robbins/Jennifer Garner chin. That had to have been intentional. It's a crap porno -- like, the woman is just kind of like..."oh yeah that's nice...sort of...yeah someone's real lucky!" Whatever.[/size]

Registered
    Jul 2013

Hey new *Californication*I. Deirdre-from-Ronin hitting her stride. Not enough of the little sprout. Plenty of good Runkle action.

They started out good this season. A little bit *Next* (some crappy movie am ashamed to admit I saw).

Registered
    Jul 2013

Liking the new *Californication* -- wasn't sure about the kid, but he turned out to be a pretty good addition, that fat fucking weirdo. Also, I can't stand Heather Graham -- she should have died for real at the hands of Bob in *Twin Peaks*.

Oh yeah, so the reason I came in this thread (hehe) is, what exactly DID Don Draper do that was so shitty last season on *Mad Men*? I think he got wasted at some meeting or whatever, and made fun of Peggy and her weirdo little office lover, and did something bad to some account.

He's still a goddamned partner. Why isn't it SCDP any more?

I confess, I don't really pay attention to TV, I just listen to it while playing bridge against my computer and farting in my underpants. Occasionally glance at the "picture-in-picture" on my monitor. Always pause when Brandi Belle nature calls, though.

ETA Heather Graham is old, gross, and seems really, really dumb. And she makes shitty movies. And she was never that hot. She has the body of Michael Phelps and the face of Helena Bonham Carter after it has been smashed thin in a vice.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 05 May 2014 at 10:40 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Talia Balsam who plays the wife of the Roger Sterling Slattery on that show about the idiots in advertising, is indeed the daughter of Martin Balsam.

AND THE TWO BALSAM AND SLATTERY ARE MARRIED IRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not know that.

She is pretty foxy. Would fap.

Registered
    Jul 2013

You all suck.

Four fucking episodes *Louie* has been on already, nobody told me?

FOUR FUCKING EPISODES, PYLE!

Oh well, I only have another physics midterm Thursday. It's bad enough I haven't seen the new *Californication*, or, meh, I guess that *Madmen* thing. And some disassembly puzzle for homework Thursday morning. And a little C program. And a lab write up.

UR A ASSNECK MOTHER FUCKER! SO HATE!

Wait, that's not mellow.

Well, whatever, it kind of sucks, I guess, but I'm not in the mood for TV and impregnating my furniture with ass fart so much right now.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Louie's just not my thing. Archer is.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Fine. You no-TV-Guide-having-mother-fucker STILL could have warned me!

Yeah, *Louie* isn't really all that funny -- kind of gentle, family humor, like Louis CK's stand-up, but it's somewhat amusing to me.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Hey, I saw some *Archer* last night. Pretty solid. I like the lady who likes to get choked and beavered all the time.

Goddamned fucking shit, it was like five disassembly exercises and it wasn't even due until this coming Tuesday. Well, it's in now.

And I *still* saw the *Louie*s and the *Californication* and the *Madmen* and like six or seven *Archers* (season 1).

I might be the laziest sack of puke procrastinator there is.

But at least zomg I'm all caught up on my beloved TV! It's so serious! Spoilers are terrible!

Registered
    Jul 2013

Holy fucking shit. There's going to be some brain blood and some ass blood spilled PDQ.

ROBOT FUCKING CHICKEN STARTED TOO??????????

That's it. I'm putting your names down in my book.

The remake of the out-of-towners sucked a ass. Oh, that wasn't Jack Lemmon in the original.......was.......Segal George Segal. Yeah mother fucker I know my smarmy timid actor types.....wait a minute...........well, I can't remember. Pretty sure it was a great Segal-Dennis movie, so I'm sticking to that line.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I knew you'd like Archer. Even when it's not that great, it's still pretty damned good.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yes. I like that woman whose vulva is as smooth as a veal cutlet, too, but I like the nympho naked crazy lady better.

I guess H Jon Benjamin gets around. I was a much younger man when I liked *Dr. Katz* cartoon (with the hot sister of Sarah Silverman voicing the secretary/receptionist/whatever they're called -- I did not know that at the time).

HFS it was Lemmon in theoutofTowners. Should have gone with my first instinct. And, I learned today, or yesterday, that Gerry Mulligan was all shacked up with Sandy Dennis for a good long while. Good for him! Is he still alive? I think this assneck restaurant I walk by every day that pipes jazz out on the street was playing a tune by him. Earplugs in, of course, but I think it was him. Maybe with Chet. God I hate that music-playing shit. Yes, we get it, you're such a "sophisticated" place. FFS, get off my jock you fucking pogues with your music. I listen to what I want, when I want, and I don't want their fucking soundtrack raping my ears. Asnnecks.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I just wish, Jizzelbin, that you wouldn't be so hamstrung by good manners and etiquette as to be unable to tell us how you really feel about people. Sheesh.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Restaurants aren't people!

lol

*Archer* does pretty much rulerz. On the second season now.

"Who's there? Because all you're going to get is holes...I mean holes in you, not my...."

"The African Queen....Audrey Hepburn....Katharine....Whichever Hepburn....Pretty sure Tonto was a Jew."

Love the ongoing callbacks to, first *Gator*, then, of course, *White Lightning*.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Yes! The ep where Burt Reynolds actually turns up is hilarious.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Oh feck you! That was a major spoiler!

OK, now I can actually see why people get all hurt in the rosette about all that spoiler blahblah.

You're lying, though!

OK, I can see Stuntman Burt actually doing it -- he was in *Silent Movie* after all. I will look forward to that.

I gots to know, since you have revealed yourself to be a horndog, senior grade -- Jane, Lana, or Cheryl (or whatever her nom du jour is)?

Cheryl all the way for me. She appears to have cauterized any sentiment buds growing in her brain, is pretty sexy body, feminine appearance, and is DTF.

ETA wait a minute. Now am confused if BR showed up as a cartoon or did a voice thingy for cartoon Burt, or both, or one, or, I'm confused now but also far too lazy to look it up.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 17 May 2014 at 04:34 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Hahahaha.

EH is loves cartoons!

Pevert old man.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Burt is in an episode. If you keep watching you'll see him.

Who's Jane? Do you mean Pam?: http://static.tumblr.com/30c51c0a798...blrsidebar.png

Yes, definitely Cheryl for me, although Lana is pretty hot, too.

And if you're gonna call me old, at least learn to spell "pervert."

Registered
    Jul 2013

OK, glad you had a sense of humor. I suppose you might have guessed I think it's really really funny to insult people as a joke.

You know, I was looking today toward the end of season 2 and it occurred to me Ms. Tunt has a weirdly mannish face, and kind of lifeless, dead eyes, like a doll's eyes.

I don't know, so Pam's the one with the dolphin, and than Lana. I guess I don't know who Jane was.

I might have accidentally on purpose been drinking a little bit yesterday. So that's like a ... terrible great excuse for nothing whatever.

OK so that's multiple times *Archer* got the *Deer Hunter* roulette thing going on. And it took quite a few episodes before I realized that the voice actors are matched with the silhouetted characterrs they perform in the opening credits. And the music is pretty good -- haven't looked up who is doing it, but it's pretty good (for some kid using a DAW, sounds like). What else are on-going gags. Obviously the Burt Reynolds thing, which is hilarious, and I can say that unironically because I fucking love *White Lightning* and *Gator* (drink and movie, perfect combination....and also Jerry Reed).

And for the win, *Sunny in Philadelphia* also did the "Nick! Look at me! You got to do it! One shot!" thing. It's fucking weird, because I fucking have two horrible dark aesthetic secrets in real life. I love *The Deer Hunter* and *White Lightning* (sorry, stuntman Burt, *Gator* just wasn't very good), and watch them all the time.

Well there are a shitload of ongoing gags -- running jokes, I guess is the term -- but I have to say the son of a bitch who was be writing all the New Orleans episode jokes/dialogue was a top of cream man of the plantation.

Oh wait....the throwing of the clothes off the balcony/wherever. That's a thinker! Like.

"There's radiation, there's chemotherapy, there's....well, just those two things, but" funny. That's always a funny form of a joke -- what was another form of same in something else....oh yeah, Hans Groiner, well I can't remember what. Don't want to load the video here because my shit head mannish working girl downstairsnikeh will probably think that's me playing that joke piano on the record.

Oh yeah, thanks for turning me on to *Archer* -- I would not have watched, probably, because I didn't know about it. It's a thinker!

Registered
    Jul 2013

And I change my vote to Lana. It wasn't until midway through season 2 I figured out she's supposed to be black. For some reason I think that's pretty hot -- not all that much experience with the nubian princesses (some but not a lot -- mainly because I was tied up for seven (eight? i don't know) years in this %@&*E@E(@( thing &*@&((* damned &^@(Y& *&@&(@(( &^%@*()716(*@*&@))*)!)

And my mannish working girl downstairsnikeh thinks (probably) that I'm the king of all piano in all styles that are awesome. I hope she is very very afraid of me, because I do not want to have to interact with any neighbors, ever. And, I was extremely rude to her (twice) about parking in my (empty) carport when she first moved in. And coming home one night from the library about midnight, I saw her car lights on (car still cooling down -- could hear it) and didn't say anything. I don't know why. It was late, and I think she's probably mad at me for being an asshole, and, also, I thought it would be funny to see her freak out in the morning when her battery was dead, because I just don't like her.

I'm 38 36, so ur not that much older than me. So take some midol, gramps!
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 18 May 2014 at 07:20 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

They make a couple of jokes about Lana's skin color on Archer. Very un-P.C. Once Archer calls her "black-ish" and then complains because Lana complained when he referred to her as (IIRC) a quadroon.

Registered
    Jul 2013

OK made it to the end of all the season 5, which I guess is like the current of whatever, of *Archer*. Phrasing. Are we not doing that? Oh wow that was so unenjoyable, I just like seriously made it sound like a task.

The one thing I noticed is that Ms. Tunt did something to her face and or jawline in season 5. Maybe it was the country music -- that is another horrible secret of mine aesthetically. I might be the only white jazz semi-musician who actually plays and loves listening to country music. The black guys, your Jimmy Smiths (his son in this month of TapeOp, I assume), your Ray, your Gatemouth Brown, etc, whatever name players and arrangers, they do it almost agin, but I love all it.

Speaking of, is that one of those computer programs doing the animation? Looks like it. I know shit from shinola about graphics, but I do know that there is some good math (heavy on rudimentary matrix operations) in graphics/video/whatever so they probably do that. Probably make that shit in a garage.

So, Tunt is back on my cartoon-representations-of-people-I-would-fuck list.

ETA I don't have the TapeOP mag with me, those stay in the head, but this guy was about the right age, said he was son of a "jazz organist," had LN of "Smith" and is a reputable hip-hop guy, and, given JOS's latter day mix-it-up albums with some of that elements, made me assume.....could be. Don't know for sure.

Also, *Louie* eps 5 and 6 -- sack of puling earnest crap. Just read a Beetle Bailey cartoon, if you want some maudlin Jew puke.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 23 May 2014 at 08:02 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

I don't know if that was the last episode of the season of *Californication* last week I guess, or maybe the whole series -- far too lazy to look it up, and I don't really care anymore. Cute episode.

*Louie*'s last two episodes were just the worst possible treacly abominations ever. That show is done, in my opinion.

Also, the last two episodes of *Robot Chicken* were just horrible and unfunny. They're usually hilarious.

Also, I rewatched *Archer* -- still very funny. But it occurs to me that every single character is just horrible and unsympathetic. Well Ray the periodically-ironsided gay doesn't seem too bad -- competent agent, interesting character, and he gets some of the funniest lines. Lana the Nubian Amazon is OK, I guess, but kind of blah. The character Archer is a raging douche whose only redeeming quality is his admiration for Stuntman Burt, who is indeed awesome.

Hey is that wolfman vampire zombie show about the Walking Dead good or just "so nerdy and bad it's amusing?" FWIW, I liked *Buffy* and *Angel*, mostly because Rupert the librarian I kind of identified with, and I liked Jenny Calendar as his little computer love interest.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Changed mind. Pam is not as good as Ray, but she's a pretty regular person, too. Don't know about the whole cocaine thing -- seemed cartoonish. Everyone likes a little blow now and then, and it's not a big deal unless someone is a complete freak to begin with. Hate that shit, tweakers. They just bother me.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah yeah I have to get back to topic soon, but I just saw some crazy-ass shit on TV....the CW channel.

WTF is this shit about? Like Mary Queen being all a flesh bitch and something about the subordinates Scotland and stuff, Funny.

Oh yeah, well, I thought it was funny.

Also, I didn't realize that was the last of the last *Californication* but apparently it was. Eh. Cute. *Rob. Chicken* got better. Cute show, whatever.

Stopped watching *Louie* a few weeks ago. Wow, that just got way too mature and real for me. Fuck you. It's like an average high-schooler got hold of a Sharpie and made something art combined with a scifi storyboard. Not for me.

Registered
    Jul 2013

For once I don't really have anything amazing to say about childr.en's entertainment aka TV, I just figured this is a place where I can vent and nobody will bust my nuts up or nothing.

FWIW, I'm still kind of....meh....about that being the last *Californication*,, but equally strident about *Louie* sucking so hard. Jesus fucking christ, I can walk next door and hear some sad sack bullshit about some fifty-ish dude trying to figure out life. Gay. And depressing. Also, not funny.

Oh fucking a jesus h fucking christ i forgot what i was going to say. well, whatever. since apparently you old queens don't talk TV to me, I'm taking this thread. Back to the streets.

Goddammit I fucking hate cracked.com. Bunch of retard faggot idiots.

and this is "my" thread because i'm a "lady" so if u don't like my language, go fuck a dick, and get candiru or whatever.

Registered
    Jul 2013

And just to note, the color commentary is not directed at anyone here. I am sorry if my way of speaking offends you, and if it truly is a problem, I will adopt my policy out of courtesy that I have elsewhere. On the other hand, if you are undecided, can I just point out I'm talking to a bunch of white, straight Westerners, who are the very last people who have, de jure, anything to say about anything.

And, when alluding to historical figures and their peculiarities, I am obviously not responsible for their thoughts, nor is it reasonable for me to expect supposedly educated people are ignorant of standard Western European classics, extending to antiquity. That is, actually, what one expects from literate people.

+ Reply to thread