+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: THE OLD MUSIC THREAD OMNIBUS -- NO ROCK AND ROLLERS ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!!!!

Registered
    Jul 2013

Default THE OLD MUSIC THREAD OMNIBUS -- NO ROCK AND ROLLERS ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!!!!

Sociological commentary optional.

Yeah, and whatever, define "old" however you want. I hate that shit, like "eh bleh this is *my* thread I'm so special!" After all, isn't it forbidden to forbid, in an egalitarian society?

Yeah, so what I was thinking about....I got home early today and after loading up on about four hamburgers on my new favorite trip, english muffins (srsly, at least at my grocery store, which is the "premium" [or one of] branch of the Kroger family of stores) are like about same price as the bunny-bread (no, I didn't just make that term up....I know I've heard someone else say that, therefore I'm not just, in this case, making some stuff up, just kind of appropriating it) burger buns. so, like, might as well, right?

The more you know!

Well, at least if you like the texture of English muffins, which I, evidently, do.

Oh yeah, so when I got that happening on the grill I was like....shit, how long has it been since I played something on my real (cheap but good, to my ears) stereo, as opposed to just whatever off my computer?

I don't know why I decided to look up the redbook Duke *Far East Suite* off the shelf...for a long time I thought the CD was missing, but apparently I found it again sometime in the past year.

Yeah, so like the breakthrough was hearing the tune "Isfahan." I mean, everyone knows the tune because everyone plays it (including a bunch of piano players) and it's always, always in all the fakebooks.

Kind of "clicked" for me on this time through -- I don't think I'd given the Duke album a spin for maybe 15 years.

Jesus effing X, masterful performance whole band, great Duke piano picking, obviously great melodic tune, and, more importantly, great arrangement.

Times like this one half of me wishes I knew more about which of his crew did the writing(melody)/harmonizing/orchestrating, and the other half says, don't care, that's good the way it is.

Oh, fine, I likee the rockee-rollee teenager music, I just didn't necessarily want a bunch of people calling the MC5 or early boots of The Stooges "old" -- it's really not, even though I don't know what old is supposed to mean. Pre-1959? Yeah, I guess that's good.

And even though to illustrate a point I do like the embedded youtube, I think it can sometimes be distracting, so as a point of courtesy, I'd suggest maybe a link is good enough.

Anyway, it's not my place to say -- this thread no longer belongs to me, so do whatever, as I know you will, being a group of adults up for some adult fun and not merely sensitive, not merely new Age, people. I hope some people will have some amusing anecdotes about 2nd testament Basie band (Kid from Red Bank, amirite! yeah, corny metareference, but not at all a corny tune or recording) or one of the Duke suites. but I have no expectations, just make a little thread.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Oh fuck it, I think some tags would be funny. Like anonymous tags. Tag me in my face!

Registered
    Sep 2009

I'm a big fan of Jelly Roll Morton. Here are some my favorite performances of his:

Here's more on the musician himself. A key figure of early jazz, but he exaggerated when he said he invented it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelly_Roll_Morton

Mi parolas esperanton malbone Trojan Man's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2010

I like this old music

Registered
    Jul 2013

That's a coincidence, EH -- I just scanned in some transcriptions from Jelly Roll the other day off a book from Interlibrary Loan.

Probably won't have a chance to play through them -- kind of a lot of other stuff ahead of it in the queue -- but it's good to have for reference.

I love those Library of Congress recordings. I have a feeling maybe whiskey might have contributed to some of Ferd's more outrageous statements and lyrics.

Duncan Swift's recording of Ferd's "The Naked Dance" is, for me, just classic since I was single-digits in age. Someday maybe I can figure some of that out, instead of just screwing around like "hey let's fake some old-time stripper music and annoy the neighbors!"

Registered
    Jul 2013

*Atomic Basie* last night. Amazing trumpet soloist throughout. Maybe somebody like Ernie Royal. OK I peeked. Thad Jones! My man Thad! I didn't know he came up with Basie. Jones-Lewis Orchestra 4ever tho! I recall "Kid From Red Bank" having more flashy piano on it, maybe it's all relative to the usual thing.

Oh, there's that good old stride roots, on the trio record. *For The First Time* -- there's some of that flashy stride piano picking. Real dead-slow blues in C.
    I'm pretty convinced there isn't a more mellow, chilled out way to play it than Basie did it.

I think that's the height of music performance -- when you're just casually reaching out and tapping a few notes, whatever you feel like doing. No tension whatsoever.

Registered
    Mar 2010

You like old piano stuff, eh?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Don't even be *making* me put in my earbuds!

You juveniles are silly. Can't you just use your words and tell me?

No, I will download the youtube video, but not listen right this second.

Let's see.

Oh, Dvorak (there's an accent there somewhere, but because qwerty US keyboards don't have accents, it's impossible to efficiently type using this non-composable-keybinding situation).

I really don't know *anything* by or about that dude. That one thing, sure, but I can't remember how it goes, and not sure I want to.

OK, you might be on to something there. I shall listen to it when I get home and offline, and maybe break my own rule and write a response to try to remember the Vim editor, which I haven't used in a while and need to remember just so as to not be lame. Oh, it's too late? Well fuck you!

ETA to amplify an earlier post, any of you piano junkies, just do what I do, and play (off the published sheet music, because one's memory is not that great]) some Joplin rags, like "The Easy Winners" or "The Magnetic Rag" or "Solace" or "Gladiolus" (that means "little sword," right? not going to look it up, but that sounds right, I guess), and just play it like ..... like stripper music. And then improvise like a motherfuck over all that shit.

Oh, sorry, EH, is that not the preferred nomenclature?
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 01 Mar 2014 at 01:55 PM.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I do love classic rock but I also love the blues, some swing and some classical and a lot of folk.

Right off the top, is also top notch. So many of his other songs are also great.

I love , seems to be used in any movie taking place in the time period.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Supposedly Leadbelly singing "Good Night Irene" could make hard men on the chain gang break down and cry. I can believe it.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Dvorak -- that's nice. Kind of like a folk tune, I guess. I don't like to be a critic, but the rhythmic invariability kind of annoys me. There are other good things there, but it's like with Brahms's music -- I love, particularly, the textures Brahms gets in writing for the piano, but the rhythms still bring me down and make me a little bit turgid and angry, and not in a good way.

Also, the recording sucks -- the piano sounds brittle, and the reverb sounds artificial and cloying. And I hate the violin -- reminds me of little kids or the old country.

No, sorry, I just can't take it anymore. Had to cut it short. It was either the recording was so annoying or I'm just....differently-abilified or whatever the preferred nomenclature is.

Also, it's too long. And not enough work in the plane of dynamics. It reminds me of a really stout woman trying to make me eat the rest of her homemade sausage when I couldn't eat another bite.

I heard Herbie do "Rhapsody in Blue" sometime last year in concert -- I was kind of impressed enough to look around for stuff, and I didn't realize that (as far as I know) it's really just a sketch for piano. Gershwin made the piano player do all the work, or most of it. That lazy a**h***.

Yeah, well I guess since this is supposed to be old music, I have to give propers to Ledbelly, rather than one-up with my favorite arrangement and performances, by James Booker.

Registered
    Jul 2013

A buddy reminded me of a Sisters of Mercy tune but that's no old.

So I've known for a long time since before you people were born that Liszt had some stuff to say, been playing the easier Hungarian Rhapsodies since a long time but I made it my short-term goal to in the next six months to play FL's 2nd Hung Rhaps *****and this is important***** WITHOUT just kind of faking it. Eh, there's some hard shit in that. But it makes me laugh.

Improvise diatonically over that while hitting the themes would be good.

Shoot me in the head I sound like a faggot but I don't care it's still fun and more importantly it is or could be good music.

Also, I'm doing good memorizing "Kitten on the Keys" but there's not too much room to improvise there so it's kind of like....eh, just like keep your chops up, but it isn't even that good for that because it's just "hmmmdummmmdothatthendothat" like wtf

Registered
    Jul 2013

I think does Waltzing Matilda on this one.

Registered
    Mar 2010

sus stands for ''suspended'', not sustained''. Good gravy. Maybe I should give piano lessons on Youtube.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah, but he does other good stuff, like the fabled double diminished (to bring it full circle) employed by some of the big band arrangers (not Basie, but the other one), and of course, the upper structures.

So, what, do you periodically do a search for "Waltzing Matilda" and feel compelled to jump in?

This was the best Groiner I've seen, but he gets so ridiculous at the end it's kind of stupid, yo.

Registered
    Jul 2013

OK so this is lame and probably breaks the rules because is not old music, but it is absolutely fascinating and of great interest to pretty much no one everyone.

Weird.

This AM I think it was second time in three days I gave *Brothers and Sisters* a spin, redbook CD -- I very rarely fire up the stereo these days, just watch movies and TV on the disposable netbook when I get kind of burned out.

Oh, here's a weird. I'm really considerate about keeping my amplifiers for pianos and organ turned way down, because (a) nice guy and (b) empathy because I hate the shit out of loud neighbors, and, actually, loud noises of any kind. Am not probably maybe whatever autistic, so shut up asshole. Not that there's anything wrong with that. No! U!!!
    Oh yeah, so like the weird is moderate, low volume feeding the Dynacos, and I still have to crank the piano quite a bit just to hear myself when inevitably I walk by and just kind of do the Gene Hackman-in-*The Conversation* thing of playing along with the record, just because, you know, ear training or massive ego or just for fun or who the hell knows why, because water boils slowly and it gets boring and I hate my office chair it hurts my back.

What the shit! That is up and down a great album. I really shedded it a lot, going so far as to write out a transcription of Chuck's solo on "Southbound" I don't know why but a long time ago, but now it's like "ho hum I can cut that Georgia ass in twain with his little ...what's that was a Charley Patton tune, right, the one in E at the end? "Pony Boy" or something like that."

OK, I don't really have anything else to add of substance.

Oh, I did finally figure out, because I'm apparently not detail-oriented when I get excited, that that sumbitch Greg Allman actually did a solid for keyboard players standing up to the guitars by putting "Rambling Man" in Ab (it's a good keyboard key), and, obviously, "Southbound" in C (not that great a keyboard blues key, but still nicer than F#). You can really get a good lesson on why blues pianists dig on E, though, for that Charley Patton tune -- it's like an object lesson.

God I hate young kids who don't know the music -- you fucking learn that shit!

Registered
    Jul 2013

Kind of a summer for what passes for hot weather out on the coast, so mostly I got a few laugfhs out of trying to imitate Ferd Morton -- stripper music, and just in general stuff from the swamp. Partly because I think it's a good way to do on piano -- sounds good -- and partly because I like to make fun of people. Or what we like to call "practicing cultural criticism" or what I like to call "taking an Adorno" (just had a good one, and even found the toilet paper).

But, something happened.

I was withering on the vine. I only got the rhythm for Prokofiev's precipitato down by writing on the white board above the keyboard the appropriate distribution and literally staring at it while just dumbly playing the main idea. So that wasn't getting me anywhere. That's been months and I'm still not off the first page.

Et sim. the Schoenberg Op. 25. I think I have the first four bars of that one. No mas. Also written in letters on the white board.

I still keep my book up, some Beethoven, some Brahms, some Bach, some ragtime, some head arrangements from bebop, just to maintain.

But seriously lacking in terms of ideas. I don't know how or why, but I heard a Monk thing and was like.

That's not just a way to play, that's a way to BE.

Obviously, everyone knows the music and plays the regular tunes like everyone else. And I knew he loved the whole tones and the tritone substition for dominant. And played those shell voicings kind of unabashedly naked.

But I didn't know just how much of a difference that can make in one's life, to feel correctly, to execute without regard.

The great next step in music is the non-step of integrating irony and passion, seamlessly. It is not a step at all. It is a way of life.

In other news, *JR* is a good (not great, but good, like I said) novel.

It's good to make some time in one's life for examining the fruits of other lives.

And maybe get some fruit of one's own.

Or whatever.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Yeah, so right, Monk was what I was going to say, just got sidetracked.

"Introspection" -- didn't know that one, nor "Monk's Mood" so much.

Also, good excuse to do whole tone runs properly (ie without repeating a note to get to the next hand position). It makes a difference.

Also, that bearded motherfucker LOVES that b9. Shit.

All the same, the one that made me go grab a virgin spiral pad of staff paper was "Crepuscule with nellie" -- got to go both hands for that one, double stave it.

Kind of don't want to play it much, because it's kind of a personal tune. Expressionist, and impressionist -- both elements together.

I spent so long loving Monk but playing (trying to) Bud and Mo Hope and Frank Hewitt and Herbie. Monk was like background music.

No, he's a great performer.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Scriabin Op. 57 no. 1 Prelude, "Desir" -- I was rewatching Monsaigneon's TV series (apparently) "Les Chemins de la musique" devoted to Glenn Gould and was astonished this was not in my Dover Preludes and Etudes book.

Hey, 12/8 -- just like a Chicago Blues.

Mellowing out the other day I found one using a very similar motif from...I think Op. 67, but this is the one to watch for.

Revisited a few favorites from "the early years," namely the Bellicoso furioso (or something) and the "Lugubre" and sight-read some other stuff.

Obviously there's not much I can play from the Horowitz-level concert Scriabin -- hyper-technical stuff. But he had something there.

Registered
    Jul 2013

All right, so this isnt really "old music,' but second half of a live performance of "Shindig!" by Jackie Wilson has some oddities.

So, Billy Preston, whom you may know as "the fifth Beatle," "the black Beatle," or just the first artist signed to Apple Records, is MD for the backing group -- you can see him in some shots at the Hammond. Not exactly a slouch at the keyboard, nor inexperienced at backing singers. I guess the term "prodigy," or "genius" are the sorts of adjectives one wants to apply in his case.

Well, what's up with his fills during the performance of "Danny Boy"? You can see Jackie Wilson giving him the stink eye. And, I think the fills are pretty outrageous -- too much of them and too much blues in them.

Also, the shadowed dancer/performers during one of the earlier performances are pretty funny -- eventually they give up any pretense of playing the instruments (a Wurlitzer electric piano, a trap drums, and a guitarist of some kind, I guess) and just start jamming.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I saw Billy Preston live once. He was part of Ringo Starr's All Star Band tour. He of course performed "Will It Go Round in Circles".

I watched parts of the video and jump through it, I never did see Preston though.

Registered
    Jul 2013

That's truly awesome. Yeah, I think the only time you see Preston is at the very beginning of part 1 of the same concert. A few good seconds of footage early on of him "leading the fellas" from behind the Hammond, doing a part that's pretty genius in its simplicity and drive. I'm guessing he stays at the Hammond -- there's somebody else playing a white grand piano, with the lid open, of course, as was the style at the time (!) who kind of looks like Eubie Blake. ETA well, he was bald and older -- sort of the exact opposite of BP, who even at what looks like a very young age, seemed to have an aversion to "square haircuts."

He just had a real genius for finding the right part to play in any song -- his cover of "Blackbird," for example, has this deceptively tricky piano part. Not the solo, just the rhythmic "part" that goes through the whole song. I think probably ten years after hearing that for the first time, I just gave up trying to play it. "Will It Go Round in Circles" is similar -- nothing too flashy, just the exact right notes at the right tims.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 07 Nov 2015 at 10:28 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

This isn't that old, but I've never heard play like this before. Apparently a very short time before he bought it.

He is just going apeshit for about four minutes, solo piano, prior to his trio coming in.

I also haven't heard since forever. Hambone. She's been around the corner drinking wine and gin. Give it to me like I like it. Jumps in the water with his ass in his pants.

Little James Booker. I think he was about fifteen when that came out.

Registered
    Jul 2013

of Sergei Slonimsjky's "The Bells."

I think I prefer performance by a much younger pianist -- a little more raw, with a spastic energy I find more fun.

To keep it old-school, here is performing the Bugs Bunny piece. A little different than I've heard most other players do it (and quite different to the way it is marked in the edition I have). ETA it seems that most people play the beginning bit with lots of pedal, rather than the more staccato/marcato/whatever way it's written and played by the only version I have on CD by Roberto Szidon.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 07 Feb 2016 at 12:23 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2010

That should keep ya goin' for a bit.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Thanks for that, I think.

That was a good community service.

I have a strong desire to make you smell my underpants.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Not as old, but here's a so-called "audio documentary" of James Booker: . I guess you call it a podcast or whatever, but it's pretty concise, righteous summary,

Registered
    Feb 2009

Recently I was watching some old Flip Wilson shows and he had on some pretty awesome musical guests (non-rock & roll). Louis Armstrong, Lena Horne, Bobby Darin, B.B. King & Ray Charles were the best of the crop. This was out of 7 episodes I watched by the way. The comedy segments of this old variety show were often weak but the music was top notch.

Registered
    Mar 2010

Registered
    Jul 2013

EIN GUTER MENSCH!!!! Now that's some music.

I've decided to memorize all of the Op. 126 Batagetelles of Beethoven by my birthday at the end of March, for some reason. I'm fucking sick of them, I just want Beethoven to be over. now

He was a slick, flashy virtuoso egomaniac WAH WAH puling about some ugly German bitch who didn't cop his unit or something.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 13 Feb 2016 at 08:47 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2010

Registered
    Jul 2013

Registered
    Jul 2013

Anyway, here's a nice little article abut Rosalyn Tureck with the headline/tagline/whatever: "Everything about her was grand, even her pettiness."

I think she was about 5'2" IRL. I knew somebody like that once, but I still like Tureck.

As a further point of interest, I now think that the B-minor Rhapsody of Brahms is not exactly just a cute little piece of fluff, but has some clever harmonies. Not just when the "A" section returns (after the two big 2-handed scales), but even in the first "A" section, provided you actually look at the notes exactly as written, and not just treat the piece as being "for effect" only.

Not a great piece of music, necessarily, but enough in there for it being worth playing correctly.

Also, the 2-part Inventions of Bach are pretty genius -- you can trip out your mind by trying (sometimes successfully) to hear each of the two voices as independent, and not related to the keyboard implementation. You can actually dream these pieces.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 13 Feb 2016 at 11:24 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Just "discovered" of Tureck playing it live -- it's pretty old-timey, though. She and Gould both have similar ideas about the level of expression called for in the very short yet effusive prelude.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Forgot about . I forgot how long they give Chester Thompson on the organ.

Also I've had lying around on a hard drive for years, but haven't heard it in a long time -- Kenny Barron at Bradley's. I don't remember why I only had this track from the album, but I clearly didn't recognize how clever Barron's little compositional thing as an outro was, nor how non-ostentatious his...I guess you could call it "sequencing" of some not exactly "out" but not strictly bebop lines are. I think I remember hearing it quite a long time ago and thinking "hey, there's some pentatonic stuff I should learn," but I don't agree with that assessment now -- it's an outstanding side.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Oh yeah, about two days ago some of the lyrics to "Compared to What" came to mind (there was a cover by somebody as the theme to the recent *Man From UNCLE*, or credit song, or something), as performed by Les McCann. Tired old rednecks, rolling logs, hate the human love of that stinking mutt, etc.

I was curious so I looked up in one of the Chuck Sher "New Real Books" and found a leadsheet (lyrics, chords, and a very basic melody). It is written, above the sample drum pattern, "cowbells throughout." I'll check when I get home. Couldn't find a SNL link, so the McCann good version, if you haven't heard it in a while. ETA I forgot there was a reason I liked Les McCann's playing a lot as a teenager -- he's cooking right along on that one and Cold Duck Time. I remember the album, I just forgot he could put together some pretty cogent, terse solos on piano.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 08 Mar 2016 at 11:56 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

My new discovery: . I still can't tell if that dingo-fucker is trying to fuck with me about *Wozzeck*, but, yes, I like Berg.

The Piano Sonata and these songs, I find, are worthwhile to examine in detail. And, say what you want about Adorno, fake philosopher, but he was a good musicologist (as far as I'm concerned -- I'm not a scholar of music, nor any kind of music historian, so I have a small pool of analysts of whom I'm aware with which to compare).

That sounded really faggy, so just call me the most deeply closeted man in the world, if it makes you happy. "Well, you know, Man o' War, after they retired him from racing, they put him out to stud. And he had, on an average, uh, about a hundred and twenty, a hundred and thirty foals every year. And he lived to be thirty-six. And then when he died, they did an autopsy, and they found out that he was a raving queen."
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 12 Mar 2016 at 02:26 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally posted by Jizzelbin View post
    Oh yeah, about two days ago some of the lyrics to "Compared to What" came to mind (there was a cover by somebody as the theme to the recent *Man From UNCLE*, or credit song, or something), as performed by Les McCann. Tired old rednecks, rolling logs, hate the human love of that stinking mutt, etc.
    Yeah, well, you don't see it often, but I was so fucking stupid I don't deserve music.

Yeah, so I didn't know the Roberta Flack version.

My only, lame, defense, is that I know Roberta Flack was Les's bitch -- I have the CDs to prove it. I just didn't know she did the tune.

Still, in my credit, she tears that song a new one.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Aretha could have had a little cousin.

Registered
    Jul 2013

If James Booker was black

Registered
    Mar 2010

Here's something to soothe those jangled nerves

Registered
    Jul 2013

That was nice. I didn't quite make out enough cowbell, though.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Registered
    Jul 2013

Angela Hewitt playing Bach's Sinfonia no 2 for "keyboard." Thunderous bass? (Can't find a youtube link) [ETA the reference to thunderous bass is to something Landowska wrote about barbarous pianists who can't deal with the harpsichord or possibly the clavichord's elegance. She really is rolling quite along. No sustain pedal, but she's pulling her nuts out on this one. I like, not that anyone asked, the Busoni edition -- he notates the ornamentation wrong, but it's a more coherent score than the Wiener Urtext one. Harder to sight-read from, but these aren't supposed to be sight-read, except as an initial stage]

Perhaps, but brisk tempo a welcome after most of my life stuck with Gould's idea of these dirge-like interpretations of certain pieces of Bach. OTOH, I far prefer Gould's quick, matter of fact Sinfonia no. 1 -- it's really one single idea, the whole piece, and should be played as such, in one breath. OTOH, Hewitt's contrast of the brilliant arpeggios with the "meaning" of the motif in Sinfonia 15 is more mature than Gould's sort of flashy idea (which, however, is appropriate in the A minor Invention IMHO -- I remember bits of that from when I was a kid, but my technique was not so good as to play it that quickly).
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 31 Mar 2016 at 04:33 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

waltz of Chopin.

I don't know who the guy playing is, but that's a nice waltz, anyway -- I never bothered sight-reading it beyond the first page, as a kid, but I found a very rare sense of well-being just now playing badly through that and some of the Preludes. I forgot the "Raindrop" prelude was pretty long and had all that key change stuff -- it's pretty cool as well.

Plus, Drax plays the Raindrop prelude in *Moonraker*, and Bobby plays that other one in *5 Easy Pieces*, so there's that amount of stupidity as well.

I changed my mind that Chopin was just a little ponce -- actually kind of refreshing from my ongoing Bach adventures. ETA I might add that a minor one to my small (I'm deliberately keeping the list small and manageable) "list" of things to put in my bag. FTR, that's Beethoven Op. 126 (no. 4, the first bit of no. 6, most of no. 5, and the first part of no. 2), two preludes of Scriabin (can't remember their numbers), Bach Bourree 1&2 from Engl Ste in A maj, Sinfonias 1, 2, 15, Toccata from Partita in e minor, Joplin Solace and the Easy Winners, and maybe a few others I've forgotten. Most of those played before, but either forgot or only half-remembered -- just to have an active repertoire of "legit" pieces that isn't me just screwing around on whatever pop tune comes into my head at the moment. Not coming back to the Brahms pieces I did (the Op. 118 no. 6 Intermezzo, the rhapsody in b minor, the A major intermezzo, the Scottish Ballade) -- not enough room in my head to commit those to permanent memory. Nor anything else. Just those.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 09 May 2016 at 11:19 PM.

Banned
    Registered
    Mar 2016

Vá»›i định hÆ°á»›ng lÃ* nhÃ* phân phối trá»±c tiếp tá»›i táº*n tay ngÆ°á»i tiêu dùng vÃ* đại lý. Phukiengiahot.COM quyết tâm nâng cao chất lượng sản phẩm đồng thá»i đẩy giá thÃ*nh sản phẩm xuống mức thấp nhất có thể.

* Giá tôÌt nhâÌt :

– Buôn sỉ luôn mang lại cho khách hÃ*ng mức giá tốt nhất khi mua các sản phẩm tại đây. Äồng thá»i, nhiá»u Æ°u đãi mua sắm má»—i ngÃ*y được thá»±c hiện trong hệ thống để phục vụ cho nhu cầu các khách hÃ*ng mua sắm.

– Buôn sỉ cÅ©ng luôn ná»— lá»±c cung cấp cho khách hÃ*ng những sản phẩm chất lượng tôÌt nhâÌt, luôn hÆ°á»›ng tá»›i dịch vụ sau bán hÃ*ng hoÃ*n hảo kết hợp vá»›i phÆ°Æ¡ng châm “Khách hÃ*ng lÃ* Thượng Äếâ€, nhỠđó tạo nên giá trị Ä‘Ã*ch thá»±c cho Phukiengiahot.COM.

* Phong cách phục vụ vÃ* tÆ° vâÌn chuyên nghiệp

– Bên cạnh sá»± chu đáo, táº*n tâm vÃ* chuyên nghiệp cùng vá»›i việc không ngừng đầu tÆ° tìm hiểu nhu cầu khách hÃ*ng đã giúp Phukiengiahot.COM trở thÃ*nh niá»m tin vÃ* sá»± lá»±a chá»n của nhiều khách hÃ*ng.

– Äể nâng cao hÆ¡n nữa chất lượng phục vụ vÃ* hoÃ*n thiện tÃ*nh chuyên nghiệp trong dịch vụ chăm sóc khách hÃ*ng, Phukiengiahot.COM đánh giá cao những nháº*n xét của Quý khách hÃ*ng vÃ* coi đây lÃ* nguồn thông tin quý giá để khắc phục những thiếu sót.

Registered
    Jul 2013

strikes again.

No, I'm not thinking about my cousin's daughter who just graduated high school nor her mother.

Nope.

I am actually proud to be friends-of-a-friend recently of an up-and-coming poet. My friend, with whom I shared a tight corner office over ten years ago, is in Calcutta, and I don't remember where this other guy lives, but his FB thing is to do this ongoing poem in Bangla.

Probably short, though.
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 13 May 2016 at 11:15 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Sincer we're doing that, is, always, killing it on the Latin piano.

ETA I think I'm a rotten bastard, but I like the thought of those little hands choking my dick. Probably a crude way of putting it, but, hey, if you can't be sexist in music, when can you be?
    Last edited by Jizzelbin; 14 May 2016 at 10:01 AM.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Talking about

Registered
    Jul 2013

The magic of youtube's autoplay: for my cookies, anyway, comes up. McGriff doing bass and RH a digital acoustic piano. I had no idea who it was until halfway through the jam.

Hank Crawford's my guy, so I shouldn't have been surprised, but he really dug a little deep for that one.

Could have fooled me into thinking it was one of those Count Basie records on Pablo from the sixties.

+ Reply to thread