+ Reply to thread

Thread: Cops vs Firefighters

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Cops vs Firefighters

Now I thought members of the emergency services would spend their time backing each other up purely from the jobs they do and the dangers they face. So, I'm saddened by the following story where it seems that the San Diego police and Firefighters have an ongoing battle.

It appears that they have different ideas about what should happen at the scene of an accident and one of the latest incidents resulting in one police officer handcuffing a firefighter for not moving his truck and putting him in a patrol car for half an hour. The fire truck not being moved as it was protecting people who had been involved in the accident.

More here

Over here, both sets work together to solve this sort of thing, so hearing that the two groups are acting against each other is quite a shock.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

That would be pretty rare and shocking anywhere in the US. Police & Fire normally get along with only a friendly rivalry at worst. Sad to see it happening in a major city.

Registered
    Oct 2014

This is stupid, I really hope this same cop need his help one day... And just say" I'll be back... I gotta move my vehicle first," then drive off and go home.

Registered
    Jul 2013

Oh fuck I have some cops in my family but I just have no respect anymore.

Firefighters 4ever! Anyway, they IRL seem to be mellow dudes and they're chill, AFAIK. Huge drunks, though! Power to the people!

+ Reply to thread