Closed thread
Page 23 of 82 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 4096

Thread: Star Trek RPG - Mission #3: "Some Other Side of Paradise"

Registered
    Sep 2009

"'Disgruntling,' Mr. Collins?" Thalen asks, puzzled.

Rangin checks the evening schedule. There is a book discussion of Avery's novel So Far From Home at 1800; showings of the recent dark comedy Four Klingons and a Funeral in the resort's theatre at 1900 and 2200; and dancing and then a stage show - a Spican juggling troupe and a Human female singer - in the Starfire nightclub beginning at 2000.

I'm the Cute one! =^.^= anyrose's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

"Yeah, uh" Collins giggles silently "Have any former employees filed complaints, or went public with any misdoings?"

To Rangin, she says "Well, how would you go about finding him?" She tries to sound stern and a little sarcastic, but she could really do with some helpful suggestions, and not just criticisms, about now.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"As in what I tried about 5 minutes, wait until most of the guests will be dining and see if he can be spotted that way." smiles Rangin back at her keeping his voice calm, but his eyes twinkling.

"But it didn't work, so time for something different. I can think of three options, perhaps everyone else can think of some more. One. Leave a note at the front desk asking either of them to contact you, tell them you will wait and see how they contact him. Chances are it will be straight to his room. Two, get security to confirm their whereabouts given the news Graham has found. They don't have to give out the information, just confirm it. As we are heading to the security office, two birds, one stone. Three, find Wilson and ask him to personally confirm they have settled in. No bureaucrat ever likes to write something like that down on paper." Rangin looks back across at Graham, "that's how you threaten a manager, sometimes the pen is mightier than the sword."

Rangin stops for a moment then continues, "If none of those work, the long shots are seeing if they appear at any of the evening functions, I'm especially looking forward to the nightclub. I can look out for suspicious persons at the same time. Or, someone goes round each of the conference rooms and see if the Vice Admiral's visit is mixing business and pleasure."

Rangin fixes Collins with a grin, "So sir, seeing as you made the wiser choice of asking for suggestions before acting, which I recommend in any arena of work and I've had that one drilled into me enough times, which options do you like?"
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

"I am certain there is a plan, Mr. Rangin," T'Var says as diplomatically as possible. "We will find the Admiral and hopefully learn more about his experience at the resort thus far."

The doctor gives Collins a nod of support.

Ape must not kill ape! general_urko's avatar
    Registered
    May 2013

Graham sighs. "Well, as thrilling as it may be to sit here debating," he says a little tightly, standing up, "the resort's staff and guests aren't going to intimidate themselves." Although his tone is dry he winks at Collins. "All those ideas sound reasonable. It wouldn't be a bad thing for you to show the flag to Wilson one more time, L-T. You could even--" he glances at Rangin and nods. "'Ask him for some suggestions' for how we proceed."

"With your permission lieutenant I'll head to the security office myself--I've been wanting to check out their set up anyway. You can tell Wilson I got hungry and went foraging for bananas." He taps the spot where his communicator is fastened. "If I learn the Admiral's location, I'll let you know, assuming I remember how to use tools."

Unless Collins says otherwise, he turns to leave.
    Last edited by general_urko; 05 Jan 2014 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Added last line which was implied but not obvious

Registered
    Sep 2009

Back in Giuseppe's, Švehla looks puzzled. "Why say you won't know this feeling again, Kylah? Who knows what the future might bring?" He puts his hand over hers. "Look at yourself with new eyes. You're a smart, beautiful young woman with the universe at your feet. Don't be so convinced of your own unhappiness, or the necessity of it going on forever, that you ignore the here and now."

Jan’s touch again shocks Kylah with a pulse of pleasure that numbs her internal discord; it is like an injection of some powerful painkiller. His words, low and gentle, are so soothing they could be a lullaby. She wants to believe everything he says. Why should she think of anything that brings her sorrow? Things may change. And there is still tonight.

“I shall not ignore the here and now,” she echoes, and sandwiches his hand with hers, clutching it to enhance the physical connection. But even this is not enough. She draws him closer and moves toward him as well. The nearer he is, the lighter her mood, until their faces are inches away and she is almost drowsy with longing.

But this is wrong. She should not be acting like this. Only a half-hour ago she would have given anything for Velir to be this close, to call her beautiful and to touch her and not pull away. A stranger means nothing to her.

“Jan,” she says, and she sounds very far away even to herself, “I—I am not very hungry. Perhaps—you could start showing me the resort, as we planned? You see, I am... I am not feeling like myself.” She laughs. Why would she want to feel like Kylah? But if she does not get some fresh air she might lose herself entirely. “I just need to clear my head, to walk around. Would you mind very much?”

He looks a little surprised, but says, "No... that would be fine." He gets the waiter's attention, thumbs the credit slip, and soon the two leave the restaurant. "Where would you like to go first?" he asks, offering his arm.

Kylah hesitates, but cannot think of a polite reason to refuse Jan's arm. She holds on and even this light connection feels like a bond she would never wish to break. "Well, you are the tour guide," she says while looking up at him. "I should like to see the places that make you happiest. Your favorites that the resort has to offer." She thinks of all the self-promotional sights the crew has seen today and adds quickly, "And if it is somewhere an 'official' tour would not take me, so much the better."

He glances toward the large windows along one lobby wall. "Have you seen the grounds yet? We have a little bit of daylight yet, and the lights are just coming on in the garden."

With a glance out of the windows, Kylah nods. "We have been shown the grounds, but mainly the old buildings and main areas. If there is anything off the beaten track you think is especially lovely I would be..." A little shiver goes through her when the bare skin of her arm brushes against his. "I... I would be delighted to see it. Anything, as long as it is through your eyes." She looks up at him and meets his stare. Why has she not noticed that his eye color is the same color as the sky right now? His very gaze is hypnotic, as if he is the twilight sky and she a star caught in its velvet caress. She forces herself to turn away and shakes her head slightly. Yes, she definitely needs air. Such fancies are not like her.

As they move out, she remembers her promise to Graham. She pulls out her communicator and apologizes to Jan with a fib. "I beg your pardon, I must call in to let my superior officers know where I am. Regulations," she says vaguely. She flips open the communicator and calls in to Graham. "Mr. Graham, I just wanted to let you know we are leaving the restaurant for a walk around the grounds. All is very well. Very well indeed," she says with a lazy sideways smile at Jan.
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 05 Jan 2014 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Kylah's dialogue by choie; Švehla's by Elendil's Heir.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rangin tries not to roll his eyes at Graham's words before looking earnestly at Collins. "Well Sir, those are some of the options. What's your call? Also who do you want to tell Ensign Kylah what that call is."

Rangin hopes that Collins notices he hasn't asked her what should they do, but tried to phrase it to give more of a command on actions instead of having to think up the ideas for herself. Rangin could also have asked her how they should contact Kylah, but he wanted to keep it focused on giving commands instead of ideas. Rangin hopes Collins will stand up as herself and make the call and stick to it, she has a set of ideas to work with and its what she has been trained to do

Come on, make the call, Rangin thinks and mutters inaudibly under his breath, do it right this time. It's not about making the right call, its about making a call and sticking to it once you have some facts. Take control, you can do it. Its your team, lead it.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"One solo team member is bad enough," Collins says referring to Kylah, "Never a good idea to do any investigating alone. You never know what you might uncover. So Graham, you and Rangin check out the security office and while you're there, see if they can pinpoint the Admiral's location, and that of his aide." Collins uses her best assertive-yet-friendly voice. "Delaney, T'Var, and I will track down Wilson and get his take on the security glitch." She looks at each team member to try to gauge whether or not they are internally rolling their eyes at her. "And while we talk to him, we will kindly ask that he help us track down the Admiral." She looks at Rangin, then at Graham. "and we'll keep in touch. Any objections?"
    Last edited by anyrose; 05 Jan 2014 at 03:10 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Yeeesss goes a little voice in Rangin's head.

There is a nod of acknowledgement as Collins looks round at him. Good Call Sir, he mouthes silently to her before continuing with "Certainly no objections from me sir." He rises from the table and turns to Graham with a twinkle in his eye, "Ready when you are."

Registered
    May 2013

When Collins asks if there are any objections, Graham shrugs nods. "It's your show, ma'am."

He pauses, looking at Rangin for a second. Graham had been hoping to talk shop with some resort security people and hopefully get them to loosen up and talk off the record. Up until now, Rangin could have been an honorary member of the Starfleet Diplomatic Corps. Given what he's said about Coridan, Graham wonders if he's had bad experiences with corrupt cops or abusive security officers that will make him feel compelled to bust their chops, too--or, he thinks, more likely it's just that I piss him off. Wouldn't be the first time my charming personality has won friends and influenced people.

"Right, so..." he replies, and then is interrupted by his communicator. He listens to Kylah's report. "Acknowledged, Mr. Kylah and...thank you."

Starting to move toward the door to the restaurant, but still holding his communicator, he says to Rangin. "So...Coridan sounds like a fun place."

EH I sequenced the streams in a way that was plausible and the shortest path to one conversation at a time. Please advise if it should go differently.

Registered
    Sep 2009

It's fine, general. Thanks.

Thalen says from orbit, "We've located six former WR&R staffers who worked at the resort, and none have any complaints of note. Nothing on the public newsnets of that sort, either."

Graham and Rangin find the resort's security office; it's a few doors down from the hospital. Mr. Hsu is at his desk and welcomes you both with a handshake. As you sit he says, "We've found no other security breaches, gentlemen. I've changed the codes on our access interface and hope that will do the trick. Cmdr. Vargas from your ship was very helpful in looking over our systems."

Collins, T'Var and Delaney go to the head office. The receptionist says with apparent regret, "Mr. Wilson is off-duty now. Is this an emergency, or could you wait until tomorrow morning?"
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 05 Jan 2014 at 09:05 PM.

Registered
    May 2013

Graham smiles. "Well Vargas can be one tough bas--ah, officer--but he's got every right to be, he knows his stuff. Speaking of which, how'd you wind up here, running security at a facility with what seems like more wealthy and powerful people around on an average day than some whole planets?"

Registered
    Sep 2009

"My wife got the job as second-in-command here at OC3," Hsu says with a shrug, "and I followed her here. I've handled security at various WR&R locales for almost a decade."

Registered
    Feb 2009

While walking to the security office, Rangin turns to Graham with a humourless smile, "Coridan is a corrupt cesspool, but its my corrupt cesspool. Years of interfence from Vulcans, Andorians, Tellerites and the omni-present Orion Syndicate meant growing up there was always difficult. Joining the Federation gives it a chance to be something better. Mainly because there are enough people sick of the corruption to do something about it and because those who are corrupt see it as a way to get more power and influence. Win-win all round." Rangin looks lost in thought of years previous, remembering and reliving some of the memories he has of his time there. He unconsciously wraps his right arm across his chest and runs his fingers without thinking over a few of his ribs under his jacket.

As they near the office, Rangin continues, "No need for me to get too involved, I'll let you handle this. I'm sure you speak the same lingo and will find the vice-admiral and his aide."

Registered
    May 2013

Graham nods in acknowledgment of Hsu's answer.

"Heh, no pressure - lots of VIPs and a high-powered wife," Graham replies. "So you know a lot more than me than how to provide safety using a light touch, so nobody's vacation gets ruined by either a problem--or security feeling too heavy handed. Like I said before, I'm probably the last person who could pull that balance off..."

He glances briefly at Rangin as he makes that last comment. He appreciates Rangin giving him some space in this discussion, and he now has at least a better sense of where the science officer is coming from: not that I agree with or for that matter totally get what he's been going on about, but if something I did pushed a button bringing back memories of some Orion Syndicate thug or something--well, I more than anyone can understand that getting someone all worked up.

"...so I'm in no position to barge in here and tell you your business. But with the Admiral here, after a guest pulled a knife out of the blue, I'm a little...ah, nervous. Not just because he seems like a nice old guy, but if anything were to happen my lieutenant's and my next assignment will probably be handling security at the Federation's most remote garbage processing facility. If we had evidence of a threat, what are our options--can you walk me through what can be done in terms of monitoring, observation, and protection?" He pauses for a second, and holds up a hand. "We're not holding anything back here--we don't have a confirmed threat, but we have a...suspicion, at least."
    Last edited by general_urko; 06 Jan 2014 at 12:25 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Hsu says, "We have continuous visual and audio surveillance of all public spaces in the resort, spa and grounds. The resort computer has a pretty sophisticated realtime threat-assessment algorithm, and brings anything suspicious to the attention of the security duty officer. I have a staff of eight. There's always someone in the control room, and two others on patrol or standing guard somewhere. We have saps, clubs, mass-stunners and hand phasers in a weapons locker, although they're not routinely issued - as you say, we need to use a light touch. Don't want to spoil the fun, right? Some of our guests bring their own bodyguards, with permission of Corporate, but none of our current guests have them. I also can assign one or more of my officers, as needed, to protective duty." He looks from Graham to Rangin, then back again. "Could you be a little more specific about any... problem with Vice Adm. Hardin?"

Registered
    Sep 2009

Jan leads Kylah outside, still arm in arm. The air is cooler now and, as he said, the lights are beginning to come on in the garden, illuminating the stone paths and the foliage. A few other people are about, admiring the flowers, bushes and statuary. Jets of water splash in and around an elaborate fountain of Theban design. Kylah looks up and sees the stars start to appear in the vast, reddish-orange twilight sky.

"Oh, how lovely," Kylah says softly as she admires the heavens. As they walk for a while, she inhales deeply, able to catch a hint of the floral scent in the air, and eventually she rests her head against Jan's shoulder. Her mental fogginess has not gone away as she expected it to, but it no longer matters as much as it seemed to in the restaurant. She can't quite recall why she wanted to feel any different from how she does right now. The serenity surrounding them is almost tangible. "I should probably know what those brightest stars are," she murmurs, "but I admit I do not. Do you know their names?"

"I was never much for astronomy," he says, gently touching her cheek. "But I think that one to the right, there, is Rigel. A very big one, very bright, even from this distance. And then a little further over... Antares, maybe?"

The rush of blood to Kylah's face where his fingertips graze her skin burns her; he must be able to feel her reaction. This cannot be natural, she thinks, but still tilts her cheek into his hand and even brushes her lips against his skin. Every sense contradicts her rational thoughts. No matter what her mind tells her, everything feels delicious and electric and alive.

She warns herself that it is the spores, and not just them, but his own emotions and desires seeping into her. But why are they so powerful? No, it has to be the spores. She kisses his fingers and brings her hand up to his face, caressing it in wonder, before forcing her hand back down--but only able to stop at his throat, where she can feel his pulse beating beneath her fingertips.

Kylah closes her eyes and tries to make some sense of this--this ache that's taking over her. "Jan," she whispers, now turned to face him. "Do the spores enhance your... your need for someone? When you are on the treatment, do you feel differently in that way? Sexually?" The bluntness makes her flush even more, but she has to know.

"I don't know," he whispers, and she knows he's telling the truth. "But this does feel... different. Better, and stronger, somehow. Can you sense it, too?" He takes her hand, opens her fingers and kisses her palm tenderly.

"I sense too much," Kylah says hoarsely, staring at his lips as they press against her tingling skin. "That is what I fear. This is not how I should be acting..." Yet it does not seem to matter what she says or thinks, because something is sweeping her along regardless of reason. She suddenly recalls a line in Shakespeare, the only Earth writer she knows: Let lips do what hands do. And without stopping to think further she lifts her face up to his and kisses him.

He returns the kiss, long and hard, and she senses his growing passion. He pulls her even closer to him and then runs his fingers through her hair. Breaking off the kiss he sighs, "Oh, Kylah," almost as if in prayer.

His kisses seem to drain the life from her and she moans against his lips. Kylah has never felt such strange lassitude and the closer he holds her, the more unwilling or unable she is to pull away. She knows she has to; everything she knows of herself tells her this is not what she wants. But she falls against him, kissing him back anyway....
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 06 Jan 2014 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Kylah's dialogue by choie; Jan's by Elendil's Heir.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rangin leans back with a smile to Mr Hsu. "What my esteemed colleague is trying to get around to saying is that we are looking for a little confirmation that the Vice-Admiral and his Aide are fine, settled in, and above all, safe. For us, he's the most important person on this planet and we would like to have his safety confirmed. Now, WR&R are quite correct that while here as guests their details should be considered confidential, but that doesn't stop us being concerned. Without giving away any specifics, can you confirm that? You know, that he is safely tucked up in his room relaxing and not, as perhaps imagination might consider, somewhere unknown and at threat."

Rangin turns to Graham, "Did I get that right?"

Registered
    May 2013

Graham purses his lips and scratches the side of his face with one finger in a slightly ape-like manner.

"Sounds right enough to me," he says, shrugging a little.

This guy's all right, he thinks. Of course probably a perpetual pain in the ass, but all right.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Hsu looks at you both curiously, then presses a comm switch. "Carlisle, would you check on the Vice Admiral and his aide, please, and make sure they're both all right? Report back after you've actually seen both."

"Yes, sir," replies a woman's voice.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rangin folds his arms neatly in his relaxed pose. "Thank you very much, most appreciated. I'm sure it will put several wondering minds at ease."

Hopefully, the forthcoming good news about the Vice Admiral would stop Graham and Collins from wondering and the assignment could be happily completed, thinks Rangin to himself, before considering the possibilities that if the Vice-Admiral is fine, then he won't have to go on shift this evening and the nightclub could be a lot more fun.

Registered
    May 2013

"Yeah, thanks," Graham says to Hsu, glancing briefly at Rangin and trying not to smile. And here I thought this guy was some kind of shrinking violet science nerd, he thinks.

"And thanks for the rundown--looks like you've got a well-run shop here." He nods approvingly, then leans forward a little. "Is there anything on your wish list to make security's job easier? We've got to file a report on our visit after all--I'd appreciate your opinion."

Registered
    Sep 2009

Hsu smiles. "Well, I could always use more officers, and a Starfleet guardship or full array of Class I orbital defense sats would be nice, but I'm a realist at heart."

Registered
    May 2013

"Class I sats...now you're talking," Graham says, chuckling. "Maybe I'll just throw in a plug for the efficacy and general good looks of gold-pressed-latinum-plated phaser rifles in my report." Leaning back, he claps Rangin on the shoulder. "Anything you wanted to ask, buddy?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

"I'm going to the front desk and see if they can page Commander Ebling to come out and talk to us" Collins tells Deleney and T'Var. "Coming?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rangin isn't sure of what he makes of Graham's camaraderie given the previous discussion of dinner, but decides to go with it anyway.

"Security wise, I wouldn't know what to ask, I'm just a biologist here to make sure the effects of the spores are well documented and nothing untowards is occurring because of them. But, if you wouldn't mind me asking, have you ever had to restrain someone under the effects of the spores due to their behaviour and if so, what happened. Also, given the ways the spores effects are removed, which may vary on a race by race basis, do you have such technology available to yourselves to remove all the effects of the spores from the entire resort, in one go, should such an emergency arise?"

Registered
    Sep 2009

Delaney says to Collins, "Lead the way."

Hsu shakes his head. "We've never had to restrain anyone under the influence of the spores. That's just not the effect they have. And we don't have any means - I don't know of any means - to remove all effects of the spores, everywhere all at once."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

T'Var nods in agreement. "Lead on," she tells Collins.

The doctor is a bit surprised that no former employees of the resort have complaints or anything negative to say. Her gut instinct assures her that something is wrong here. But what?

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Interesting to hear, although hardly surprising if everyone has come to enjoy themselves, then enjoy themselves they will. So, it really is a quiet slice of paradise here then." Rangin's voice tails off and his mouths hangs open slightly.

"That is a horrible thought..." he says to himself aloud and he turns a slight shade of white, eyes staring into the distance "...locked in paradise."

Registered
    May 2013

Graham glances a little worriedly at Rangin, wondering if the Doc ought to take a look at him, as all of a sudden he doesn't look so good.

"Well, ah," Graham interjects lightly, "I've been trapped in a Neutral Zone hellhole, I'll have to try being locked in paradise sometime." He claps his hands on his knees once. "Mr. Hsu - perhaps we should let you get back to it, as soon as your officer reports back to set our, ah, worried minds at ease about our friend the Admiral."

Registered
    Feb 2009

As they walk to the main desk, Collins comments to her crewmates "Don't you think it's odd none of the former employees had anything bad to say?"

Registered
    May 2013

After a moment's pause to scratch his chin Graham adds, "Say, if we have a minute, you said you have constant video surveillance of all public spaces? Can you dial in on any set of coordinates?" He runs a scan for Kylah's location on his tricorder. "Like these? One of our colleagues had an engagement. Rather than call and interrupt her if she's not done, a quick glance will tell us if she's ready for us to meet up with her or not--and see this fine system in action." He holds up a hand. "Of course, that's assuming these coordinates are a public place where it wouldn't be intrusive."

Registered
    Sep 2009

Hsu takes a look at the coordinates and turns to his desktop computer terminal. He inputs several commands - the resort's computers use keyboards, not an audio interface, Graham and Rangin note - and brings up a very dark image, apparently out in the garden area, and at a distance. He zooms in. They can just see barely what appears to be Kylah and a tall man embracing amid the trees, bushes and flowers, but not much more.

Hsu clears the image from the screen almost immediately. "I'm sorry. We don't like to invade our guests' privacy, even in, um, semi-public places."

Registered
    May 2013

Graham clears his throat. "Of course, ah, sorry, I didn't expect her to be ah--well, anyway," he glances at Rangin. "Clearly she's not ready yet."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Sorry, considering something dystopian", answers Rangin to Graham and Hsu as he snaps out of his thoughts.

"Oh, what's that you're looking at", as he sees the pair of them in front of a console and moves across to take a look. As the picture clears, he can only wonder what Graham had been thinking to make such a request.

"What. The. Hell. Are you playing at, Graham?", growls Rangin in a low tone.

Registered
    Sep 2009

When Kylah next opens her sleepy eyes, the sky is a dark midnight blue and the stars are fully visible. Dazed, she has no idea how long they've been standing like this, or where his hands have been touching her, but every inch of her exposed skin--and the dress leaves a great deal of it--is hot and raw, as if he's been holding her for dear life. Struggling for breath, she manages to pull back.

This is not possible. Kylah, who rejected advances at the Academy and was called everything from an ice princess to far crueler taunts, does not let men touch her like this. If he were someone she cared about, someone she trusted—if he were Velir, she might dare. She would probably like it very much. But not a stranger.

"Jan, please... I cannot..." Kylah must draw back further to evade his kisses. "No, please. Can we go somewhere else? You--you mentioned a nightclub, and dancing. Can we go there?" At least while dancing she can keep him close, she can keep feeling this bliss, but it will be public, there will be no temptation to go further.

"Dancing?" he repeats dumbly. "Uh... sure." He seems to get more of a grip on himself, even as he releases his hold on her. "Dancing. Right. Yes, they have dancing here. We could... uh, well... I'm not really dressed for it." He takes her hand and kisses it again, very courtly, and smiles again. He exhales. "You certainly are, though. I should change. I could go change and then meet you in the nightclub, or, if you like, you could come up to my room and wait just a little there...? I wouldn't be long."

When he briefly lets go, Kylah feels as if part of her body has been wrenched from her. Now that he's holding onto her hand again, she relaxes. This is too good a feeling to relinquish. One evening of relaxation, a few hours experiencing the spores--if only by proxy--and whatever incredible emotions Jan is filling her with.... Why should she deny herself of such pleasure? Ever since the Sakathian mission--even before then--her life has been spent in nothing but confusion, sorrow, guilt and anger; Kylah needs the respite. It cannot be too much to ask, it cannot be wrong. We will dance and enjoy the music, and perhaps tonight I will finally sleep.

She's so determined to stay with him, and thus remaining near the spores' influence, that she nods her head to his last suggestion. "Yes, I will come with you. I should like to see the guest quarters anyway; we were not shown them on the tour."

Kylah lets him lead her a few steps and then remembers to pull out her communicator. "Mr. Graham, Kylah again." Her voice is low and she wonders if she sounds as drunk as she feels. "We are going to the nightclub, after making sure Mr. Švehla is attired as properly as I am," she adds with a slight smile at Jan. "I expect the club will be the last destination for the evening. Everything is..." Delicious? Exquisite? Intoxicating? "Everything is well with me. I hope you are the same."
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 08 Jan 2014 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Kylah's dialogue by... well, you know the rest.

Registered
    May 2013

"Hmm?" Graham says a little loudly, surprised Rangin seems pissed off all of a sudden. Then his communicator chirps. "Ah, Mr. Hsu, please excuse me...if you'd be kind enough to contact us when your officer finds the Admiral?" he says, obviously rushed but trying to smile apologetically. As he stands he reaches for his communicator, nods to Hsu, and shifts his head and shoulders to suggest to Rangin they should step out.

Once he is a few steps out of the office he opens his communicator. "Thanks," he replies to Kylah. "Everything is...going according to plan?" he asks, quietly and with genuine curiosity.
    Last edited by general_urko; 08 Jan 2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: fixed missing word "to"

Registered
    Mar 2012

Kylah is still letting Jan guide her, his strong grasp almost pulling her in a teasing manner, and she has to look down to make sure she doesn't fall on the uneven, grassy ground. Graham's question throws her. A plan? She really has no plan. Except to learn more about the guests and their exposure to the spores. Considering she's getting a first-hand--well, second-hand experience of them herself, she supposes her night is indeed productive thus far. But she certainly cannot reveal that much to Graham; neither can she reveal that this was a 'plan' to her date. Her hazy mind searches for a proper response.

"It is all I hoped," she says at last, and when she squeezes Jan's fingers and again feels the rush of pleasure go through her, she continues in a near sigh: "Perhaps even more. I will probably see you back at the station, but if you are already in your quarters--" She's interrupted when she feels a tug on her arm--Jan seems like a little child anxious to show off for a schoolmate. Kylah laughs and starts to close her communicator even as she finishes, "--Do have a good night, Mr. Graham."

Tucking the communicator back in her bag, she continues forward with a dreamy, delighted smile.
    Last edited by choie; 08 Jan 2014 at 06:47 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Conflicting emotions run through Rangin's veins as the Graham heads for the door.

"I don't believe it", mutters Rangin as he sees Graham heading for the door, but loudly enough for Hsu to hear. "So after threatening Mr Wilson with a knife, he decides to just spy, sorry check in on, on one of his colleagues using security cameras." Rangin shakes his head almost unbelieving of the scenes he has just seen. "Thank you for your help." he says to Mr Hsu with a nod and straightens up

Heading for the door he slips outs and waits at a discrete distance while Graham is using his communicator. Probably something Graham wouldn't even consider. While waiting, he tries hard not to think of the image he saw, but once seen, it cannot be unseen. Kylah there, embracing in the night. Pangs of jealousy flicker through him, but he considers that if she is happy right there, then who is he to intrude. Although he wishes it was him, there in the moonlight, he kicks himself not to feel sorry for himself and that she is still a friend. His mind flickers back to previous times when that had occurred and just as quickly stops. Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. Oh, such bittersweet memories. Perhaps Kylah was best off with who she was currently with.

Seeing that Graham had finished on the communicator, Rangin walks across. "Graham. So, threatening violence, spying on your colleagues, which particular police dictatorship did you get your security training from. Don't tell me, you have a little block book of names of people you haven't yet finished with. What are you going to do for an encore, bust in on where Ensign Kylah is, because you don't take chances with your colleagues, threaten the guy to back the hell off or you will do him and tell her to be home before curfew."

Rangin shakes his head in disgust while opening his communicator. "Rangin to Collins. We have finished with Security, they are going to sight check on the Vice-Admiral and his Aide and confirm their safety personally. I'll be heading back to the main lobby unless you have anything further you want me to check on in this area."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Collins here. That's exactly where we are heading, too." she says into her communicator.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Understood sir, see you there in a few minutes." Rangin closes the communicator and takes a deep breath.

Registered
    May 2013

Graham frowns. It registers with him that Rangin is crawling up his ass again, but he's too distracted to react yet. "I don't get it," he says, half to Rangin and half to himself. "If she was like 'help, help this guy's gone all octopus on me,' I'd get it. If she'd said earlier she was planning on using her...female charms...to seduce the hell out of a mark, I'd get it. But does she have a plan at all?" he says, while thinking "probably not."

He starts to feel annoyed with himself for doubting his gut earlier. Yes, Ensign Kylah needs to build her confidence as an officer, he thinks. She also apparently needs to some training on focus and discipline....

He takes and blows out a deep breath and rubs his head, fully processing Rangin's comments. "A list," he says quietly. "No book, but there is a list." And I am sure you would be appalled by what I imagine doing to them if...when...I find them, he thinks. But that reckoning will be strictly out of uniform and off the clock.

Then his voice tightens a little. "And goddamned right she should be in by curfew, this isn't a game."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Jul 2010

"Yes," T'Var says. "I find it quite odd. When things are too good to be true, they are usually not."

The doctor keeps pace with Collins and Delaney as they walk. "Perhaps the Admiral can provide us with a bit of useful information -- unless the spore therapy has compromised his objectivity."

Registered
    Sep 2009

As Collins, Delaney and Dr. T'Var approach the front desk, the Security officer's communicator beeps. She answers it, and hears, "This is Vice Adm. Hardin. I understand you were looking for me? I'm fine, as is Mr. Ebling. The spores are definitely living up to expectations - I haven't felt this good in years! A remarkable experience. I hope you'll have the chance to undergo the treatment before the Yorktown leaves; you won't regret it. Oh, and please tell Ens. Kylah we spoke; she left a message for me earlier, I think."
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 09 Jan 2014 at 12:37 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Thank you, Admiral. Collins out." Jeremi puts her communicator away. "I guess I'd have been surprised by any other answer." She shrugs and looks at T'Var for some kind of confirmation that her fear have also been lessened now that the Admiral made contact. "We should speak to him before he gets a booster sporing, whenever that may be."
    Last edited by anyrose; 09 Jan 2014 at 01:34 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Delaney scratches his head and says, "Dr. Halsey said one exposure lasts indefinitely, didn't he?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

'Then why do folks keep coming back? If it lasts indefinitely, they'd still be under the influence once they returned home." Collins rebutts.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Delaney stares at her. "We were briefed on this, Jeremi. They're withdrawn from the spores by provoking an adrenaline surge before they leave the resort. Some people like the spore experience so much, though, they come back for another go-round, if they can afford it."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Right, right." Collins is a little embarrassed What the hell is wrong with me? I know we were briefed. I read all this beforehand. What is wrong with me?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rangin's jaw drops at Graham's comments and he finds it hard for just a moment to find the words, any words, to express his thoughts.

"A curfew..., a curfew." He calms down slightly and straightens up, but no less furious at this overbearing, patriarchal, anachronistic gorilla. "Let me get this straight, you think Ensign Kylah, an adult woman capable of making her own decisions and a trained crew member of a Federation starship...", each point enhanced by a step towards Graham, "...should have a curfew."

Rangin steps backs shaking his head wondering if anything he could say what get through to Graham. "It's not like you can even place any trust in that of your colleague, without checking up on her. If that was a male ensign out there, I doubt this conversation would even be happening, but a young female..."

"...I'd sure hate to be your daughter.", Rangin throws as a last aside before turning and starting to walk back towards the lobby.

Closed thread