+ Reply to thread

Thread: Monday Wut Wut: Took a Gnat Bite to the Eyelid

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Monday Wut Wut: Took a Gnat Bite to the Eyelid

It's sooooooo hot here. Everything is melting, the trains are having fun with the wrong kind of heat, the relentless baking, grind you down heat leaving you parched and praying for a thunderstorm even though there is not a cloud in the sky.

And it was while enjoying this piece of summer, complain about it, me, we can never get enough of summer, it would be churlish to complain, lying out back reading and relaxing, some little gnat decided my eyebrow was tasty. I didn't notice until a couple of hours later when the little dot on my eyebrow started to swell.

...and swell...and swell.

After a couple of hours, I look like I had gone several rounds with a boxer as the eyelid swelled up and covered over my eye. Its both slightly weird and scary realising that I couldn't see out of one side, so my depth perception had gone and just closing the other eye left me floundering around.

So, then followed two days of stumbling around, taking anti-histamines and waiting for it to go down to the point where I can see again without forcing it open. Doing my utmost not to scratch at it, which would just make it swell again and because the eyeball is not that far away.

And now finally, I can look back out on the sunny skies with both eyes, and the only glint left, is going to be me getting my own back on those midges.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow.

I'm having sympathy pains.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Sorry - that sounds like no fun. Does it actually hurt, or just itch?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Didn't really hurt or itch much, although you could feel the pressure on the eyeball as it closed over. If it got worse, it would probably have been a doctor's trip for something stronger.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Finally rained here so it's now pretty cool. Not as stifling as recent weeks.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Cooled down a fair bit here, too, but still nice summer days.

Kid and I won tickets to a soccer game, so we're going to that tomorrow instead of my wife's family reunion.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Friday is nearly done but I have to work tomorrow.
    I'm slowly losing weight and I am up to 19 pounds (8.5kg) now.
    My son and I are waiting on the bows we ordered, they should be here Tuesday. Outside of at a dude ranch I haven't shot since I was 22ish.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Cool and rainy here. About to leave for my cousin's wedding, just under two hours' drive away.

Hope you're all better, CIAS.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Soccer game was great, but it poured rain in the last few minutes. Kid and I got soaked, but we got to see an added time win, plus, and this is the best part, miss the family reunion.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Rube E. Tewesday View post
    Soccer game was great, but it poured rain in the last few minutes. Kid and I got soaked, but we got to see an added time win, plus, and this is the best part, miss the family reunion.
    Totally worth it.

+ Reply to thread