+ Reply to thread

Thread: Do you watch TV?

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Do you watch TV?

An ever increasing amount of my consumption of TV shows is now through my PC. It's handy to have a show on in the background while doing other things and the local networks now have adequate if not astounding online players. Do you watch much tv? I don't have anyone to be watching it with typically so I don't need the communal aspect that watching an actual big ass TV in the corner brings. So do you watch TV? Do you even own one? I know nowadays it's becoming harder to distinguish as many TVs have the functionality of PCs and vice versa and then there's the tablets etc. In Ireland if you own a TV you have to pay the licence fee, same in the UK, but as yet digital devices are exempt from the licence.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I watch a lot of TV, as Zuul will tell you, and I've used the shit out of my DVR. There's almost always something on my TV, usually scifi or fantasy, or cop/spy shows.
    So, I'll whisper in the dark, hoping you'll hear me.

Registered
    Sep 2009

We have three TVs in our house, two big (living room and guest room) and one small (master bedroom). We use them more to watch DVDs than broadcast TV; we use our DVR for a couple of hours of programming a week, I'd say. We rarely watch shows on our computers.

Registered
    Feb 2009

We like TV at the Tewesday house. We only have one, because we wanted whatever TV we watched to be a family experience, not everybody in their own room watching their own stuff. (Of course, now that the kid can watch so much stuff on his Apple devices, that breaks down a bit.)

Watch way more stuff we've DVR'd than live, though.

Registered
    Feb 2013

I've always been a TV watcher, and it's really our main entertainment these days, as having little kids we don't get out to the movies or see live shows much. The DVR is a lifesaver...we record pretty much everything we want to watch so we can do so when it's convenient. Or when the kids are in bed cause seriously, almost NO TV meant for adults is appropriate for young kids to see these days! Even the sitcoms are pretty racy. They love Big Bang Theory, but we're always fast forwarding through stuff while we're watching it.

Registered
    Apr 2009

Hardly ever. If it is on, which is around a couple of hours a month, then it is more than likely to be to watch a DVD. I actually bought the TV to watch Myléne Farmer DVDs.
    I have been watching stuff on the computer more recently though.
    Stargate Atlantis and Universe.
    The Cleaner (mainly for the delightful Grace Park)
    Currently Earth 2

Also a few films, notably Jar City - god that's a grim film.
    Skyfall - crap.
    Battleship - Meh!
    A Resident Evil one, not so good.
    One with Angelina Jolie in it that I realised I had seen some time ago, can't remember the name.
    Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill

Registered
    Feb 2009

Now that I have moved after five years, I have what could be considered a dedicated TV screen and a network subscription (it basically came bundled with our telephone/internet service). Time will tell if I pick up mindless watching -- so far there is no urge.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Rarely if ever now. DVD's, I'll watch some per Night, but I haven't found anything to keep me occupied ion TV for a while. All those channels and so little that interests me."
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I have a few TV shows plus Yankees Game (Baseball) & Giants (NFL Football). My only non-sport live viewing is The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. But Big Bang Theory, Community, How I Met your Mother, Simpsons I watch off DVR.

I also record old shows like Barney Miller, WKRP, Hogan's Heroes & until recently Mary Tyler Moore.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Archer, Simpsons and Big Bang Theory regularly for me; Downton Abbey when it's on, and other stuff now and then on PBS that interests me. Otherwise I get a lot of DVDs from the library.

+ Reply to thread