+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Necessary Evil Mission Two: Investigation in Southpoint!

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Default Necessary Evil Mission Two: Investigation in Southpoint!

Welcome back to Necessary Evil!

When we last saw our heroes, they had narrowly escaped from the forces of the V'Sori, swiping Mindjack out from under the K'Tharen's vile proboscises. After two days at liberty, each hero's resistance CommLink begins its characteristic chiming. The message on each CommLink is a summons to the very same address that Destruction originally dropped them off at, an abandoned warehouse in Southpoint. The summons notes that each member should arrive at six in the evening, and cautions each member to take care to arrive unnoticed. That leaves each member six hours to prepare for their arrival at the rendezvous point: Are there any preparations you'd like to make?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Flicker turns the chiming comlink off and thinks about getting up.

Midday. Where am I, whose sofa is this...hell, that was a fun night last night getting re-acquainted with a few friends.

Not that his current whereabouts mattered as someone important had called, someone who he owed his life and continuing existence to. He picked up his stuff up and checked it to make sure it was all working.

Six hours, huh, enough time for a wash, a coffee and then head across picking up some food on the way.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Funshine, the demonic teddy bear, flings aside the alley cat he had been slowly killing. He leaves the deserted warehouse where he had been staying and hits the street on his short, stubby, furry legs.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Making best use of his Streetwise and Stealth skills, Terawatt scouts the rendezvous point in advance, and assuming all's well, he picks a convenient point nearby to roost until it's time to meet up. He'll have all his gear on - you never know when you might need it.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Upon Terawatt's arrival at the warehouse an hour before the appointed moment, he quickly scouts the warehouse and its environs. Dozens of shipping containers, mostly empty, a few containing thousands of cases of bottled water. No one seems to have followed him and the warehouse appears secure and unmonitored by either enemy or Omega surveillance. (Calling Omega forces "friendly" still seems inappropriate.) Terawatt settles in on the third level of a stack of shipping containers with a nice clear view of the main floor of the warehouse.

Lovelace arrives next, sweeping in wearing a silver cloak with a small caduceus embroidered at the collar and a silver monocle with a chain running back to the long braid down her back. She checks the door, enables the long-defunct security cameras that ring the building, and sits down on a discarded spool of cable, her back to a shipping container, to wait.

Funshine shows up just before six, ducking quickly in the door as his duplicate Patches violently enlarges a rat hole and appears through the wall. They scuttle over to a dark corner and crouch there, suspicious that they have been followed by a small man with a wide-brimmed hat, who even now has settled in at the dive bar across the street, sipping a beer as he faces the street-side window.

Finally, thirteen seconds before the six o'clock deadline, Lovelace's attention snaps to her left, and one second later Flicker appears there with a small crack! of displaced air. She nods, apparently satisfied, and all four villains watch as a the dust in the room aligns itself along unmistakable magnetic lines, and a rectangular section of air begins to shiver, crackle with static, and forms itself into the unmistakable image of Dr. Destruction, imposing in his black-and-chrome power armor, giving a quick briefing.

"Cell Red Delta: Your current assignment is to reconnoiter the headquarters of Omega Cell Blue Alpha. Blue Alpha has reported heavy K'Tharen harassment and cut off contact eight hours ago, running from a squad of V'Sori drones. They suspect that the K'Tharen have successfully attached some sort of tracking device to one or more of the cell members. Your task is to catch up to Cell Blue Alpha, determine how they were being tracked, and disable the tracking. Should you manage to turn the tables on the V'Sori, by reversing their tracking device and damaging the V'Sori or their assets, you will be substantially rewarded. Should you capture any significant V'Sori weapons, vehicles, you may consider them your own compensation. The last known location of Blue Alpha was at--

--The image of Destruction flickers and turns into a map of Star City, which zooms and focuses on a block of seedy apartment buildings in Southpoint, not far from the warehouse--

I expect excellent results from this cell. Consider this a full initiation into Omega. A full report of your progress is expected tomorrow. Your CommLinks will reach me. Do not fail."

The image of Destruction shivers and fades into thin air with a crackle. The dust settles back down onto the filthy floor of the warehouse.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

With a soft whine of electric ducted fan, Terawatt settles down at floor level, keying their destination into his GPS set as he goes. He nods at the other three. "I get in places quietly and I rub out people who need rubbing out, 'need' defined according to whoever can pay me. I don't do counter-surveillance or any of this fancy-gizmo stuff, so I'm open to suggestions and I'll cover your asses while we're acting on 'em. Maybe your kinda show, Lovelace?"
    Librarians rule, Oook

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Lovelace shrugs. "We could try some kind of remote surveillance. The security camera network in this city is fairly dodgy, though, because no one's done much upkeep since the invasion. Hacking military satellites is pretty risky, too; I wouldn't like to try it without the equipment in my home lab." Lovelace pulls out her laptop and begins to tap away. After a moment, she tenses and announces "There are no working cameras at the exact address, but the camera two blocks down the street and the one around the corner both show V'Sori Barracudas, flanked by civilian SWAT vehicles, moving toward the address."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

"It just gets better. Well, we got two choices - sit on our duffs and let the Doc know we figured it was too tough, or go get our hands dirty. Either way, we need to get on and do it now."

Terawatt uses his GPS to compute how long it'll take him to get there airborne. "Funshine, want a ride or can you travel quicker yourself?"
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Sep 2009

Funshine says, "Thanks, I'm sure we'd both appreciate a lift. We're small enough either of us could get into places the rest of you can't and then not be noticed, if it's spying that's needed once we find Cell Blue Alpha."

Registered
    Feb 2009

Flicker finishes off the coffee he was drinking and lobs the cup into a nearby wastebasket.

"If those V'Sori are tracking that cell, it would be nice to get one of those trackers and find out who bleeps when it goes near. First, things first, we had better find them and see who they are and how much trouble they are in. The Doc has given us directions, let's go act on them. Lovelace, can you find out who is in the cell and let us know? Maybe get a contact for us? Wouldn't want to help the wrong person by accident." Nodding at Terawatt and Funshine, "If you two want to make a head start, I'll be right behind you. Check out what's in the area, stop us being surprised by whatever is going on."

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Lovelace nods. Pointing at Terawatt and Funshine, she says "You two go ahead. I'll pull up what I can about Blue Alpha, but I warn you that it'll be hearsay. Destruction doesn't publish his roster on the 'net, you know." She taps on her laptop and announces "Most Omega cells run three to six members. Blue Alpha has several rumored members: de Vega, the swordsman, you remember the one who raided the Smithsonian precious gems exhibit? And Deadeye, that crazed ex-Green Beret hitman, and Swarm, that cluster of nanobots. But it's all just fan rumor. We can try to reach them on our CommLinks, but Destruction said that they were out of contact. I'll need a ride myself, by the way. You're all much faster than me."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

"I guess I can manage you and Beelzebub's teddy bear for a short hop, but I'll need to let you off close by - I ain't sure I can pull serious gee with a full-size passenger," says Terawatt, "an' it ain't gonna help no-one if I get tagged mid-air carryin' you two."
    Librarians rule, Oook

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

"Let Funshine walk-- he runs faster than you fly, anyway."

Registered
    Sep 2009

Funshine rolls his shiny little eyes. "I'm willing to try flying with you, Terawatt. If it looks like it'd be faster for me and my lil' furry buddy to hoof it on our own, maybe you could just set us down earlier."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Yeah, that's fine. You three go together, and I'll be right behind you. Rendez-vous with you in the area. Let's find out where that cell is and who or what is chasing them down."

Flicker wanders across to a window, looks out to make sure it is empty and, when no-one is looking, teleports out of sight.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

All four of the villains begin their race to beat the V'Sori forces to the scene of Blue Alpha's hideout, but as they approach, V'Sori Drones get more and more common. Unfortunately, two Drones spot Terawatt as he zips over the street with his burdens and lands on top of a pizzeria two blocks south of what sounds like quite a shootout at Blue Alpha's headquarters. Fortunately, Lovelace's quick action allows her to stifle their radio broadcasts; at least the villains will only have to deal with these two Drones. As Terawatt makes a smooth landing on top of the building, the Drones rush into the restaurant and begin making noise downstairs, as though they're thowing chairs against doors. Flicker shimmers into existance next to Lovelace, who is maintaining her vacant expression that signifies her mental effort at nullifying the Drones' frantic attempts to report in to their superiors.

Some bad rolling here. Terawatt rolled a 1 on both dice, and Lovelace rolled poorly too. She had to spend a benny to block the Drones' broadcasts.
    Last edited by Appleciders; 23 Jan 2013 at 11:38 AM.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

"Let's go silence those Drones, shall we?" suggests Terawatt.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Right behind you, Zappy," Funshine says, racing towards the ruckus as fast as his tiny legs will carry him.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"You two meet them head on. I'll be right behind them." says Flicker with a smile as he vanishes down to ground level to see what he can see down there and report back through the comlinks.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Flicker: King of Hearts

Lovelace: Jack of Spades

Drone #1: 9 of Hearts

Terawatt: Eight of Hearts

Drone #2: 7 of Spades

Funshine: Four of Spades

As the Drones begin to hammer down the door that leads to the stairway to the roof, they are surprised by Flicker's appearance behind them, and to their left, and to their right in short order! He fires his massive M2 Herokiller pistol with a deafening boom and grins from ear to ear as he notes his picture-perfect bulls-eye to the Drone's heart, ripping through the hardened chestplate and sending a bloom of blood and lubricant fluids across the door. The Drone drops to the ground as if hit with a truck. Two aces on the Shooting Dice, and a better-than-average roll on damage. Hot damn!

Lovelace continues to block the Drones' frantic calls for help, and manufactures normal Drone bioreadings for the dead Drone. This is quite a strain on her focus, and she slips into a sitting position to better maintain her focus.

Seeing the death of his friend, the remaining Drone fires wildly at the only visible target: Flicker. Flicker jumps to hide behind the counter and the Drone's high-energy blasts strike the counter, sending a cloud of smoke and a blast of wood splinters outward. Flicker feels a jolt of adrenaline flood his veins-- that was close! A 3 on the Shooting Die leaves a narrow margin for Flicker. He packs a lot of punch, but he's fragile!

Suddenly, Terawatt bursts from the door, scans quickly, and launches a flood of electricity toward the remaining Drone. Even more bolts of electricity flood from Terawatt's fingers than usual, striking the Drone, who remains upright but twitchier than before. A bad couple of Shooting rolls. Nothing for it except...

Finally, Funshine rips through the air ducts, through the soft ceiling tiles and falls onto the Drone, followed closely by Patches. Their wicked, sinister claws rake and tear into the Drone! Funshine doesn't accomplish much, but Patches slices through half-a-dozen tubes, wires, and connections against the Drone's head and neck. It's a rough blow, but it doesn't take the Drone out of the fight! Funshine's got no aim, but Patches makes a marginal connection. No Shaken result, though.

Recovered from his ignominious dive for cover, Flicker jumps up and fires at the Drone. It's a wild shot, fired without much care, and it buries itself in the faux woodwork over the woodfired pizza oven. Bad shooting roll. Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

Lovelace continues to focus on replicating the Drones' normal broadcasts. Her eyes cross with determination.

This time, the Drone fires at Terawatt. His blast rips through the door, melting the handle and fusing the lock into a solid mess. The second blast catches Terawatt unawares, slamming him up against the wall. Terawatt is dazed, seeing stars and little cartoon cuckoos, but not seriously wounded. A Shaken result for Terawatt.

Terawatt, with a superhuman will, wrenches himself erect, steadies his vision, and prepares to rejoin the fight. Terawatt makes his roll and is now prepared to to rejoin the fight.

Funshine and Patches rush the Drone. Funshine's lunge misses, but Patches leaps and connects with the Drone's throat. His first blow stuns the Drone, and the second nearly rips the Drone's head off in its ferocity. The Drone collapses to the floor, her head hanging from her shoulders by a bloody thread. A mild right hook presages a massive, perfect 6-6-6 roll followed by ace rerolls. The odds of that are .4%. Enjoy that one while you can.

Lovelace continues her focus. She can continue to replicate the Drones' broadcasts indefinitely, at least until she tries to stand.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

"Whoo. Guess I drew their fire for you anyhow," says Terawatt.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2009

"When it works, it works. When it doesn't, well that's most of the time." answers Flicker.

"If Lovelace can continue mimicking these two, we can start looking to find the Cell. If she stays here, the rest of us can move on."

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

"You're not leaving me here," Lovelace mumbles. "There are lots of Drones, two SOCorp teams, dozens of regular cops, and even a couple Fins. We're in plain view to anyone from above this roof. We've got to move."

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Suits me," says Funshine, slapping his woolen doppleganger on the back. "Way to go, pally! Sometimes you're a better me than me!"

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Fine, Terawatt, take to the air, circle round and see what's up above, don't get noticed." saya Flicker as he nods at him.

"Rest of us head down and along the streets. Funshine, Patches, speed up and go ahead, see what's happening down here, find out where everything is. Lovelace, keep concentrating and I'll get the pair of us there, though at a slower pace. Wlkaing, for the most part, not teleporting. If you could, can you find out what trackers are being used in the vicinity, without dropping that block on the drones?"

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Terawatt gives an ironic salute, but has no objection to going along with the plan for now. He's definitely happier as a scout (with a side order of blasting the crap outta people) than a taxi service.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Sep 2009

Funshine and Patches head out, making use of available cover when possible.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

This time, things go more smoothly. Terawatt zips up above the buildings, hiding in among the heating vents when he thinks someone is looking. He sees the coast is clear, and radios back to Funshine to zip out the back door. Two white blurs zip across the street and dive in the broken window of the warehouse, and only a few clanking noises mark their quick transit through the warehouse to the windows on the far side. Flicker and Lovelace teleport to safety across the street. Lovelace successfully maintains the Drones' broadcasts and reports that the V'Sori forces are mostly standing down, believing that the fighting is over. Only visual and infra-red scans are active at the moment. Standing on each others' shoulders to see out the window, Funshine and Patches report that seven Drones and one Fin are in the area in front of the smoking remains of Blue Alpha's hideout. Three Drones are carting the still struggling Deadeye into an armored Barracuda, while one more sweeps up the buzzing, sparking remains of Swarm. The other four are posted around the area, watching for intruders. Three bodies that Funshine doesn't recognize, presumably the remains of the other members of Blue Alpha, are strewn across the ground. This is not uncommon of late; the V'Sori are leaving dead supers where they die to make an example to the populace.

Terawatt is in a fairly safe position; he blends in against the hot vent systems to both the naked-eye and infra-red scanners. The villains inside the warehouse watching the clean-up are also well hidden. What's next?

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Well, that's not good. Seven Drones, 1 Fin and only one of Blue Alpha left alive. We should probably do something about him before the V'sori get anything out of his head. Wonder where that Fin is...probably in the Barracuda somewhere. "

"Ok, do we let them wander off with Deadeye and see what remains of the bodies, or... nah, screw it, let's nick that Barracuda instead. Lovelace, can you drive?"

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

"I can hotwire, rejigger, MacGyver, solder, weld, splice, reprogram, reverse engineer, and hack. But I take cabs to get around. Those things have an autopilot, though, don't they?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

"No shit, Sherlock, why do you think I asked you." answers Flicker with a grin. "Funshine, Patches, we'll take out the three Drones at the back. Terawatt, fancy giving us some air cover and oversight? Of course, if anyone has a better plan, better say something now."

Registered
    Sep 2009

The menacing little bears look at each other, nod and follow Flicker.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

"Somebody better clear out that Barracuda before I get into it."

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

One side of air cover and oversight coming right up. Terawatt plays a brief requiem on the world's tiniest violin for the departed members of Blue Alpha but, as usual, is all over the idea of sticking it to the offworld invaders.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Clearing the Barracuda will be for me, Patches and Funshine to do. Once that is done, your job is to get it started for our getaway, before the rest turn up. Terawatt keeps the other four off us with some well aimed shots until we get away with Deadeye. If we are lucky it may contain any devices used to track down Blue Alpha. If we are really lucky, we may find some bigger guns."

Registered
    Sep 2009

The teddy bears will follow Flicker's lead; they're ready for anything.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Funshine: Joker!

Flicker: King of Spades

Lovelace: King of Diamonds

Drone 3 (East Guard): Queen of Diamonds

Drone 5 (Sweeper): Jack of Diamonds

Terwatt: Jack of Clubs

Drone 6 (First Captor): Nine of Spades

Drone 4 (West Guard): Nine of Diamonds

Fin: Four of Diamonds

Drone 1 (North Guard): Three of Diamonds

Drone 7 (Second Captor): Two of Diamonds

Drone 2 (South Guard): Two of Clubs

Ambush Round!

Right out of the gate, Funshine and Patches crash through the cheap cracked glass of the warehouse and make a bee-line for the Fin, who has only barely begun to turn around when the bears make contact! Funshine leaps and smashes into the Fin, connecting with both paws! The Fin's armor takes most of the blow, but Funshine does score a long gash down the Fin's arm. A Shaken result! Patches is only a heartbeat behind, striking with his paws. He's stopped short by a tough straight-arm from the Fin, however.

Flicker darts out the door, waves to get the Fin's attention, and flickers rapidly around the Barracuda before disappearing inside it. Before he disappears entirely, however, he looses a bullet from his massive M2 Herokiller pistol. His shot goes wild, however, and knocks a huge chunk of brick out of the side of the building.

Her switchblade concealed up her sleeve, Lovelace darts across the gap and disappears inside the Barracuda. She's disguised as a Drone, and draws no fire.

The East Guard and Sweeper Drones are too surprised to act!

Terawatt bursts out the remaining window, hands raised and already crackling with electricity. He lines up his shot on the closest Drone, the one holding the broom, and is shocked to see his bolts blow right past the Drone!

Neither the First Captor nor the West Guard Drones are able to act this round.

The Fin tries to wrench himself erect, but stumbles on a loose piece of pavement and barely stays on his feet. Still Shaken

Of the remaining guards, only one has the wherewithal to react. He lines up a shot on Patches, and connects! Patches is tossed to the ground Shaken.

First Round!

Patches rebounds quickly and follows on Funshine's footsteps as Funshine bounces up again at Fin's throat. A cruel southpaw slice across the Fin's throat nearly takes the Fin out of the fight entirely! Two Wounds!

Flicker quickly determines that no one is inside the Barracuda except a terrified looking driver. Flicker grins, gestures with the gun, and watches as the driver sprints out of the Barracuda, almost knocking Lovelace down in the process. A successful Intimidate!

Lovelace smiles, flips out her laptop, and begins hacking into the Barracuda's nav system. It's not even password protected! She smiles larger and slips up into the laser cannon turret!

The East Guard Drone lines up his blaster on Terawatt and fires away. He makes a perfect shot on Terawatt's chest, but it's partly deflected by the crackling electricity around Terawatt's hands and the rest is soaked up by the Kevlar.

The next Drone tosses aside his broom and dives behind a row of motorcycles. From his new position, he lines up a longer shot against Terawatt, but he's rushed and his shot goes wide.

Terawatt, enraged by the ill-treatment, shoots again at Drone 3. His shot connects nicely, and he's rewarded by the sparks associated with blowing fuses and frying circuits. Shaken and two wounds!

Drone 6 charges at Funshine, determined to rescue the Fin from the two blood-spattered teddy bears. She nears the bears and swipes, but Funshine ducks under the blow!

The West Guard steps into a firing stance, aims, and looses two blasts at Terawatt. Both shots go wide.

The Fin, seeming shocked awake by the ferocity of the Satanic attackers, takes two steps backwards and readies himself for combat. No longer Shaken, still two wounds.

The North Guard moves behind a telephone pole and fires wildly at Terawatt. Two blasts take out a gargoyle on the Southpoint Cathedral a hundred yards down the street.

The Second captor drops to the ground his wounded quarry and wades into the fight with Funshine. He swipes and misses badly.

The South Guard, closer to the action than the rest, aims his weapon and fires at Patches. A wild shot digs a pothole in the pavement.

Will Our Villains prevail over their readied enemies? Will Lovelace reach the laser turret in time to save the day? Where will they take the Barracuda once they've successfully stolen it? Come back tomorrow for the exciting conclusion of this battle in Necessary Evil: Investigation in Southpoint!
    Last edited by Appleciders; 05 Feb 2013 at 03:24 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Flicker does check to make sure DeadEye is in the Barracuda, no point in this otherwise.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Terawatt bashes on regardless. He's not been really hurt so far and these scum are welcome to carry on making his day.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Quick Note: the prisoner is lying right below the Barracuda's hatch. It is the work of a moment to pick him up and throw him in. However, that's not Deadeye. Terawatt has worked with Deadeye before, and knows that's not him.
    Last edited by Appleciders; 07 Feb 2013 at 01:32 AM.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Second round!

Funshine and Patches continue their withering assault on the Fin, who's now covered in his own blood. Funshine connects with a quick one-two, and slices the Fin's armor clean off, along with the Fin's arm and one leg. That takes the Fin out of the fight entirely!

Flicker peeks around the door, gestures quickly, and is rewarded with the arrival of the unconscious body of the captive that the Drones were dragging. With that under control, he jumps up to the laser turret, meeting Lovelace there. Lovelace whips out her laptop and begins tweaking the laser cannon as Flicker swings into the gunner's seat. By lowering the power consumption, Lovelace increases the rate of fire. That's a +1 to hit. Just the thing for these lightly armored Drones.

The East Guard Drone is still twitching and sparking, but the Sweeper, now secure behind his cover, carefully aims his shot at Terawatt. It smacks directly into his chest plate, flinging him back into the side of the Barracuda and twisting the tubing and bending the plating on his flight equipment. Shaken and a wound. It'd be worse if your flight equipment didn't take the brunt of it. You're limited to two points in flight (that is, flight at your normal pace instead of 4x pace) until you get it repaired.

Beginning his retreat towards the door of the Barracuda, Terawatt tosses off a shot at the Drone next to Funshine and just misses. Terawatt makes a sliding landing into the Barracuda and begin to raise the hatch!

As the Drones begin a fusillade of fire against the Barracuda, Funshine and Patches disengage and begin running alongside the Barracuda. Flicker begins shooting and tags one Drone. Still, the Drones are getting the idea and are beginning to overcharge their blasters. Before long, they'll start to do real damage to Barracuda.

To where should Lovelace direct the Barracuda?

Registered
    Sep 2009

Could he ram them?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Crappity! Terawatt looks for something solid to take cover behind.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    Could he ram them?
    Could who ram who?

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Lovelace. Drive. Anywhere which is out of here. Head downtown. Funshine, Patches, get in or get alongside. Terawatt, buckle up, and check on our guest. Get ready to dump this in a couple of mins and make a break for it." Flicker keeps up a steady stream of fire to keep the Drones pinned under cover.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally posted by Appleciders View post
    Quote Originally posted by Elendil's Heir View post
    Could he ram them?
    Could who ram who?
    The Drones. But never mind.

The blood-spattered stuffed animals clamber aboard. "Let's go, motherfuckers!" Funshine screams.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

As Flicker starts fry the Drones from his turret, Lovelace slams the autopilot into "Panic Mode" and the Barracuda takes off towards downtown. As the Drones disappear around the corner, the brief respite from blaster fire is cut short by the sound of helicopter blades chopping in from the north. It will be only a few minutes before the helicopter catches up.

The prisoner groans and thrashes, then tries to sit up. "It doesn't matter-- you can't scare me! I won't tell you anything!" he yells at Terawatt and Funshine. He continues to struggle upright, then lunges for the locked gun cabinet.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

"Shut up, punk," snarls Terawatt, not in the best of moods right at this minute, "or we ain't rescuin' you any more." If the prisoner somehow manages to get anything out of the cabinet, Terawatt is ready and willing to electra-Stun him into the middle of next week.
    Librarians rule, Oook

Registered
    Sep 2009

Funshine will jump on the prisoner's back and claw at his ears, but not deeply.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

The prisoner reaches up and tries to fling Funshine to the ground, but fails. He screams "Stop! Who are you?"

+ Reply to thread