+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Necessary Evil Mission Two: Investigation in Southpoint!

Registered
    Sep 2009

Funshine grunts, "Sounds good to me. On your feet, dirtbag. Let's go find someplace with a little more privacy."

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Terawatt roughly jerks The Shifter to his feet, and give him a rough shove in the back. The group slips away from the scene of the burning warehouse, and finds a closed dentist's office about a half mile away. Flicker quickly unlocks the door from the inside, and the gang piles in. As The Shifter stand with his back to an examination chair, Funshine knocks his knees out from under him, and The Shifter sits down hard in the chair. He looks terrified, and his hand darts inside his pocket and pulls out his pill bottle. The Shifter gulps a pill, then struggles to swallow it dry. "Why are we in here?" he whines. "Let's get somewhere safe!"

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Why isn't this safe?" Funshine asks. "And what're the pills?" The terrorbear will take the bottle and look at them.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"We're here because you owe us some answers Shifter. Namely what you were chatting to that SoCorp officer about, why you jumped into an ambulance with a bunch of guards while they were trying to capture Lovelace, and of course, where she is."

Flicker considers for a moment.

"Your choice: you can talk or I can have Terawatt light you up like a Christmas Tree."
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Ooo," says Funshine. "Can I watch? Anybody got any marshmallows?"

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

"I was telling the SOCorp officer that, that, that I was a bystander, that I had been in the building when Omega terrorists started a fire there! I had to go into the ambulance, they always want to check civvies out after something like that! I ran as soon as I could! And Lovelace must have gotten snatched for further questioning! I bet they've got her at the police station Downtown! We should hit them now, and snatch her back before they get info out of her!"

Funshine still can't read, but even he can tell that the drugs aren't the commonplace Combat Drugs that have plagued the streets for a few years now. The other Omegans can see that the pills are common prescription anti-depressants. The Shifter says "It's nothing, just anti-depressants! I've been on 'em for a couple years!"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Flicker nods along as the Shifter relays his story. After a moments pause he responds. "Damn, you're good. Story like that off the cuff, I couldn't do that."

Leaning back where he is sat and pulling out the HK and pointing it at him, "You know what I think, I think you sold her out to save your own skin. Your story has changed from Lovelace sold us out to let's go save her. Personally, I would just put a bullet in your brain and leave you in the gutter."

He pauses leaving it to sink in, what the Shifter's predicament is. "But in the end, it's going to come down to one person's say so. The guy at the top. And he is going to pissed when he finds out what happened."

Registered
    Sep 2009

"So...." says Funshine, looking casually at his claws, "do we kill him now or do we kill him later?"

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

"No! He'll punish us for not completing the mission and leaving a team member alive in enemy hands! We have to get Lovelace back first, and before they make her talk!"

Is anyone contacting Destruction, or is this all an elaborate bluff?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Flicker hasn't got a clue how to contact Dr Destruction, that part is a complete bluff. But he's betting on Mindjack knowing instead.

"Huh, the mission? Which mission? "

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Flicker can quickly and easily get in touch with the wider Omegan resistance using his communicator.

"You know what I mean! We can't leave here with a comrade captured, without knowing how we're being tracked! What if the Fins are watching us, and we lead Destruction into a trap! Then either he'll kill us for being spies or they will for being rebels, no matter who wins!"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Fair enough- wasn't aware of that,although Flicker probably was. In which case...

"Better idea, we'll deal with finding Lovelace back and you can report to Dr Destruction. He'll be interested to know what you know. Once we've found her we can let you know and then we'll go get her."

Flicker moves off to one side and starts to phone the Omegan Resistance to let them know about Shifter.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Destruction's answering service takes your message. They assure you that they can have a pickup service at your location inside of ten minutes. Do you want to schedule a pickup? There will be hell to pay if you can't deliver the prisoner.

"No! He'll kill us for that! Don't do it!"

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Pick up is good. We'll try to keep him alive. See you in 15." Flicker says through the communicator.

"Good news for you Shifter," he says while waving the HK at Shifter, "they want to pick you up. Better news, Lovelace is fine and dandy, so you don't need to worry about wandering off trying to find her." He smiles a vicious smile. "Now relax, all you have to do is remain sat in that chair for the next quarter of an hour until they turn up to collect you. Job done."

Yes, Flicker is hoping they will turn up quicker, but he wants the Shifter to think he has more time than he actually has.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Funshine flexes his claws and grins a tiny but terrible smile. He's watching Shifter closely. "Lucky you!" he says. "Dr. Destruction can be... persuasive in some very interesting ways."

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

"No! No!... LOOK BEHIND YOU!"

It's the oldest trick in the book, really. But those tricks stay in the book because they're so frequently successful, and as a last-ditch effort, it's really all The Shifter has left. Funshine buys it, and blurs backward, preparing to bound off the walls onto his attacker. Flicker isn't fooled, though, and neither is Terawatt.

Combat!

The Shifter: Joker!
    Flicker: Ace of Clubs
    Terwatt: Six of Spades
    Funshine: Four of Hearts

The Shifter stands up fast and his hands form into deadly-looking spearpoints. He lunges at Funshine and delivers a cruel blow to the hellbear, ripping through his concealed armor and tearing his stitches open. Funshine rebounds off and lands on the floor, stuffing protruding from his shoulder. The Shifter lunges for the door, rips it open, and sprints out into the street! Funshine is Shaken.

Flicker's right on his heels, though, and as he teleports out of the room onto the building roof, he whips out his huge Herokiller pistol and looses a round at The Shifter. His shot goes wild, leaving a line of sparks on the pavement next to The Shifter's feet. A 3 and a 1 on Shooting rolls, but with only a d4 in Shooting and -2 for the draw, your chances weren't very good anyway.

Terwatt jets out the door, aided by his flight gear, which is by now leaving a shower of sparks behind him. His weapons are already prepared, though, and he lets loose with a blast from his electrically-charged fingertips. His shots also go wide. Also a 3 and a 1 on Shooting rolls, well below your expected average. Want to spend a bennie?

Funshine quickly begins to collect his stuffing and shoves it back into his body through his ripped seams. It looks ugly, but he's ready to fight again! Recovered from Shaken.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I was waving my gun at him, but somehow I would probably have missed anyway.

Flicker decides to teleport up along side before firing again. He doesn't want to kill him, but certainly wants to slow him down.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Funshine swears a blue streak and charges out the door after The Shifter.

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

As The Shifter runs down the street, he shouts "Help! Help! An Omegan cell, right here!"

Flicker jumps along the rooftops, easily keeping pace with The Shifter. He lines up and fires! It's a great shot, ripping into The Shifter's shoulder and sending him tumbling to the ground. Shaken and two wounds!

Funshine and Terawatt catch up shortly. Alarms in the distance are continuing to sound. You don't know if The Shifter was heard or not.

Registered
    Sep 2009

"So..." says Funshine, puffing slightly, "to repeat myself from earlier, do we kill him now or do we kill him later?"

Registered
    Feb 2009

Flicker will try and pound Shifter's head into the floor a couple of times to knock him out and would feel a certain amount of catharsis about doing so.

"No, we're not killing him, he's coming with us, other people want a nice long chat with him, and they had better get here soon. Wouldn't surprise me if this was not the first or second time he's pulled this kind of stunt."

Once stunned or unconscious, Shifter can be dragged back to the rendezvous point

Registered
    Sep 2009

Funshine sighs in frustration. "What can I say? The guy just needs killin'. But I guess I can wait a little longer...."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"I don't think anyone will notice if you break his leg before he is taken off our hands."

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Did you really say that?" asks Funshine, grinning toothily as he pounces on the prisoner's leg. "Fun ahoy!"

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Not here, let's get back to the rendezvous point first."

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Sorry for the delay; was hoping to get input from Malacandra.

The team drags The Shifter back to the dentist's office, where they throw him roughly in the chair and Funshine hamstrings him with a single swift swipe. He screams, first from the pain and then simply as an attempt to get help. Flicker silences him with a wad of gauze. A few minutes later, Destruction's pickup team arrives. They come quietly in the back door, and begin to bundle up The Shifter for transport. Do you have anything to tell them?
    Last edited by Appleciders; 30 Jun 2013 at 10:05 AM.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Flicker will let them know about what he saw with Lovelace and the Shifter. He will also mention the pills as well.

"Careful with him, he's pretty dangerous. Try not to let him get the drop on you. If you do find anything out, let us know. Meanwhile, I'm gonna look over these plans we picked up, see how valid they are. Also, we may need to find somewhere new for Lovelace. He knows where she lives. Good Luck."

Registered
    Feb 2009

"Oh and sorry about the mess he's in. He was trying to get away. He's still alive though."

Elephant
    Registered
    Oct 2009

Destruction's bag men bundle The Shifter up and stuff him roughly in the trunk of the old blue sedan they're driving. Tires screech as they speed away. The party breaks up as the villains find their own exits from the scene.

After a couple hours, a message from Destruction arrives on your communicators. After a short congratulatory message, he tells you "The Shifter has revealed that there are significant V'Sori squads dedicated to the removal of Omega teams. It's quite the compliment to receive this kind of special attention, and it shows that the rebellion is having a large effect on the enemy. However, these sorts of espionage attempts are slowing us down. Your capture of The Shifter will significantly aid our ability to operate in Star City. You'll receive more information soon. Feel free to keep any loot you've collected over the course of the mission, and you'll find a bonus of $2,000 in your accounts."

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Sweet!" says Funshine. "It's been real, fellas, and congrats, but I'll see you later. I've got some business to attend to."

The demonic bear will go find someplace private to resurrect his furry little evil doppelganger.

Registered
    Feb 2009

"$2000, not bad for a few hours work, not to mention all the toys we just picked up" thinks Flicker. "I wonder if the plans they picked up were valid, or if they were just a trap the Shifter was setting for the Alpha group. There's only one to find out, and that's to check them out for yourself. If Destruction has nothing doing, then a light spot of robbery is on the cards."

Flicker considers his next move.

"But before then, better check on Lovelace, make sure she's fine. Hopefully, she's got a pot of that fine coffee on and I could do with somewhere to crash."

Registered
    Feb 2009

Flicker heads back to Lovelace's lair keeping an eye out to see if the V'Sori have made any moves on it and because she is currently without a communicator anyway.

+ Reply to thread