+ Reply to thread

Thread: Monday Wut Wut: Grey days and Grey faces

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Monday Wut Wut: Grey days and Grey faces

This year, I had the situation of having to work over Christmas and New Year, everyone else was on holiday and it seems that a large chunk of the working population had done the same. Taking the opportunity to spend a couple of weeks off relaxing and enjoying themselves. That's fair enough, I would have done the same if I hadn't been so slow in booking my own vacation.

But then I look at all the people who are finally coming back to work.

Not only is the weather is grey and miserable, but the trains are heaving with unhappiness again, full of people having to resume their daily drudge, away from the warmth and comfort of home and forced back into offices. It's like they were never away and the probably hate it all the more for being forced into it.

Strangely enough, I think I was lucky this year. They missed the quiet times on the trains, the empty offices where you can relax and just get on with things. Kinda peaceful and relaxing, which is how Christmas is supposed to be. Maybe working wasn't so bad after all.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I was off work over Christmas week, did work all of last week except the actual holiday (well, we got to leave early on New Year's Eve.) I dunno, work is what you do, but all in all, I would have been happier spending all last week with the kid.

He's back to school today, having decided not to head off on the rodeo circuit after all. I wish him well. His hatred of school burns deep.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Was quite busy in the store these last few days. Only working part time though. Have an MRI on Saturday. It's all go.

Registered
    Feb 2009

An MRI? What have I missed, AG?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Rube E. Tewesday View post
    An MRI? What have I missed, AG?
    Presumed but unconfirmed slipped disc. Chronic back and leg pain, really hard to walk any significant distance. Been largely housebound (get a lift to work, usually a 5 minute stroll) for the past month. It has varied from being seemingly gone to excruciating from day to day. Codeine prescription seems to be largely ineffective.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Ouch. I know back pain. Hope you get some help.

Registered
    Mar 2009

You're probably not so fat you have to worry about whether you'll fit in an MRI though!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Some places have these bit open flat ones that look a bit like slicing saucers or hamburger buns. You could pretend to be a hamburger!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh I'm a shamburger.

+ Reply to thread