+ Reply to thread

Thread: Addictive Birds

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Addictive Birds

So after all this time, I caved in and picked up Angry Birds on my phone. It didn't cost me anything as it was free in the store, just a few adverts scrolled every so often across the top, but otherwise free...

...and addictive.

And now I spend all my commuting time, ignoring the world going by and catapulting the little avians at their long term piggie foes. Its quite clever how the little bite-sized levels last just long enough to keep me going and with hundreds of them, its more fun than just running through sudoku puzzles.

When it has now got to the point that I am looking forward to the commute, so I can squeeze in a couple more levels in destruction that perhaps it has gone a little far.

I'm not going to pay the any of the DLC, and I'll probably find other games when I finish this one, but for the moment, I'm enjoying something that I didn't think would hold my attention.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have some wooden structures to level with a couple of well aimed catapults.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Heh, that happens to everybody. Fascinating how they can take something so nuts and make it so appealing.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm actually looking forward to the new game...it's Star Wars themed!

Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh, me too, Sarah! One of my managers pulled up the trailer for me, and I'm sure the gasping and vibrating with excitment on my part wasn't a disappointing reaction.
    So, I'll whisper in the dark, hoping you'll hear me.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Funnily enough I just gave Angry Birds a shot last night. I was minding my 4 year old niece and had a loan of an iPad off a friend and we fired it up. It was quite enjoyable and my niece played it for ages. She found the dog that talks back in a modified version of your own voice much more engaging though. She went and got her teddies to show it.

Registered
    Feb 2009

If you haven't seen the slightly NSFW video about Angry Birds by an Israeli comedy show, its well worth watching.

Proud member of the '09 Phanters! K.I.L.L. S.M.U.R.F.S.
    Have you ever wondered if your mom kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob? You are now. "To be second in space is to be second in everything," LBJ

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Marsilia View post
    Oh, me too, Sarah! One of my managers pulled up the trailer for me, and I'm sure the gasping and vibrating with excitment on my part wasn't a disappointing reaction.
    My 5-year-old (yes Happy Babby is 5 now, can you believe it!) will be fighting over my phone.

Registered
    Feb 2009

On the one hand, its Star Wars, yay, new franchise.

On the other, are there no depths to which George Lucas will pimp himself stoop.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

+ Reply to thread