+ Reply to thread

Thread: U.S. Ambassador killed in Libya

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default U.S. Ambassador killed in Libya

This is sad and worrying news. The US Ambassador to Lilbya was killed during an assault on the American Consulate building in Benghazi.

The attack is believed to be in retaliation for a anti-Islam film recently produced in the USA, and was apparently carried out by hardline jihadists.

This is a worrying turn of events. It has already been condemned by several countries, but I hope that Romney and Obama avert from turning it into a political football

More here.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    This is a worrying turn of events. It has already been condemned by several countries, but I hope that Romney and Obama avert from turning it into a political football
    Oh, you.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I can't say I'm terribly surprised that Romney and Ryan would try to use the embassy attacks as a political bludgeon. They're shown they'll pretty much say anything, over and over again, to try to win the White House - even when they know it to be false (the President's "apology tour," the $760b Medicare "cut," the closing of the auto plant in Wisconsin on Bush's watch, etc.).

Pathetic.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I hope this isn't a sign of Libya falling asunder Iraqhanistan-like.

Registered
    Sep 2009

CNN.com's coverage of the Romney response: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...el-over-libya/

Registered
    Mar 2009

How I long for the days when "Terry Jones video" meant a man looking silly in a suit.

Why did the Embassy delete the statement? To stop people from mistakenly believing it was issued at a different time?

It doesn't seem like stifling free speech to point out to someone that if they say something, it may well have consequences for others. Or to exercise your own right to criticize what they are doing. Even if you're the government, in my opinion.

+ Reply to thread