+ Reply to thread

Thread: Just got back from Yellowstone -- WOW.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Just got back from Yellowstone -- WOW.

My family all met in Boise last weekend for a family reunion, so my husband and I decided to turn it into a regular vacation and take the kids out to Craters of the Moon, Yellowstone, and the Grand Tetons. Every single thing we saw was simply amazing. We climbed through a lava tube, saw geysers erupt, saw black bears, grizzly bears, elk, and bison (all at a reasonable distance, other than the bison!), looked over the edge of a canyon at 300-foot waterfalls, dipped our toes in icy mountain lakes, and the best part...didn't look at a single email, didn't glance at a TV, didn't surf the web for 4 entire days. It was sheer heaven. I'll post pics once I have a chance to transfer them to the computer. If you haven't been to that part of the US and ever have a chance to go, I highly highly recommend it!

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Pics?

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

How awesome!

Yellowstone is so beautiful, it's hard to believe it's real. Did you go into the lava tubes at Craters of the Moon?

(Also, yes, pics.)

Registered
    Apr 2009

My youngest was there a while back and all she saw was mud, rain and snow.
    Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Myglaren View post
    My youngest was there a while back and all she saw was mud, rain and snow.
    Apparently there's only about 6 weeks a year with no snow there! The weather in the high desert is weird...it would be in the 40s when we woke up, and 95 at midday. And thunderstorms whip up in a minute and disappear just as fast. Best you can do is wear layers and be ready to sprint for shelter!

Orual...we did go through a very large lava tube at Craters. The kids LOVED that.

Registered
    Sep 2009

I'd love to go sometime. I think every American should visit, at least once, Washington, NYC, LA, Vegas and Yellowstone.

Registered
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    The weather in the high desert is weird...it would be in the 40s when we woke up, and 95 at midday.
    LOL, that's how it is all summer for us. I'm used to it now, but I thought I was going to die when we first moved back here from Texas. It was like going from the dead of a Texas winter to summertime in a few hours.

We're not quite as dramatic as up by the Grand Tetons (heheheh), but the mountains really are amazing. Every time we do a drive up the canyon I try to get photos that express that. I think I need a different lens, though.
    Last edited by artifex; 16 Jul 2012 at 09:03 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally posted by What Exit? View post
    Pics?
    Quote Originally posted by Orual View post
    ...(Also, yes, pics.)
    What they said.

+ Reply to thread