+ Reply to thread

Thread: Facebook emails

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Facebook emails

Facebook has rolled out its latest innovation to take over the world and changed everyone's email address to be @facebook.com They didn't tell anyone, they just rolled it out as a feature for everyone.

The idea is that it provides a little bit of privacy for users (Facebook...privacy... ) . Not to mention that all the emails then go through Facebook's servers. Great for data harvesting purposes.

It is possible to change it back, but I can imagine a lot of people not doing so. Anyone here affected by this?

More here
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I found about this ON Facebook (... heh) yesterday. I changed my settings. I don't even understand I why it's necessary - Facebook has its own messaging system, and I don't think people have to display an email address at all if they don't want to.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I saw when this happened and changed it, but I don't use my personal email for Facebook anyway. It's a Hotmail account that's made up of an insult directed at Facebook itself.

No way I'd let them have my real email address.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Sep 2009

See, this is one of the reasons I'm not on Facebook, and likely never will be. It seems they keep doing things to mess with their members, doing things to their accounts and imposing new features/functions/stuff without notice or concern for privacy.

Plus I don't want to put another dollar, even indirectly, into Mark Zuckerberg's pocket.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I just can't seem to muster any interest in Facebook and keep figuring it will go the way of MySpace which also didn't interest me. But these stories contribute to my continued not bothering with Facebook.

Registered
    Oct 2014

Everything you use can and will be used against you, indeed.

+ Reply to thread