+ Reply to thread

Thread: Here On A Trial Basis And Just To Read

Registered
    Mar 2009

Question Here On A Trial Basis And Just To Read

I'm having a lot of serious problems on The Dope which have led to some serious rants, some of them undeserved and apologized for, so I am taking some time off from there.

This seems very awkward, I know. Especially being that I'm a loyal member of the Dope, but I need a break from there and posting in general, so if y'all are comfortable with me, I'd like to hang out and read.

You guys have always been kind to me about the split and my uncomfort about it, so I hope there is some of that kindness left. I promise to stay out of controversial and angry places and just read. If I have a question, I'll just pm and hopefully I'll get an answer, but I don't expect it.

Would that be okay with you?

Thanks

Quasi
    Please visit my Dementia/Depression Blog at http://www.wheretobud.blogspot.com Because of troll activity, it is now by invitation only. So if you'd like to read, please PM me, thanks.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Quasi, you're always welcome here.

Stay as long as you want, and do what you want.

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Sure Quasi ... welcome.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I appreciate it, everyone, and I promise not to be any trouble to you, the mods and admins. I don't know why it happens, but sometimes I react too strongly with vicious words when I disagree. Yes, someone always PM's me and I promise to do better, but then I see a post which raises my ire, and here we go again. As was said in one of my most famous films, "An American Werewolf In London", 'I'm not having a good time here'! But I sure do love everyone on both boards. I just don't know where to belong and I think it's my dementia that's making me that way. I'll take it up with my therapist next time I see her.

Thanks again.

Quasi
    Please visit my Dementia/Depression Blog at http://www.wheretobud.blogspot.com Because of troll activity, it is now by invitation only. So if you'd like to read, please PM me, thanks.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Well, we all understand your condition, quasi.

And the chances of you seeing something that upsets you on our peaceful little board have to be slim, dementia or no dementia.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Hi, enjoy.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Welcome.

So many of us are, or at least were, very loyal members of the Dope. So we won't hold that against you, promise
    Something tells me we haven't seen the last of foreshadowing.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Hey Quasi,

It's fine, feel free to stick around and relax.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Thanks, very much everyone! As I wrote on The Dope, I feel that all of you are my best friends, and I feel like every time I come over here I need to apologize for the long gap.

Other than the gym and my bicycle, I'm pretty much a recluse these days, so it's nice to have a place where .

Love y'all

Quasi

Registered
    Sep 2009

Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally posted by Quasi View post
    ...As was said in one of my most famous films, "An American Werewolf In London", 'I'm not having a good time here'! ....
    I saw that movie in high school and enjoyed it. What role did you play in its production?

Registered
    Mar 2009

Crap! My bad. I meant "One of my most favorite" films. This is something that happens more and more with me, EH! I apologize.
    No to mention I used a redundant superlative. Thank you for pointing it out.

Q

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Rube E. Tewesday View post
    And the chances of you seeing something that upsets you on our peaceful little board have to be slim, dementia or no dementia.
    Seconding what Rube said. With a small, quiet user base, there's just not much to get worked up about over here.

You're always welcome.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

NO CONTROVERSY HERE! Welcome Quasi!

Registered
    Feb 2009

Don't just read, amigo - pitch in. You're family.
    Political correctness will be the death of our country.

+ Reply to thread