+ Reply to thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Finish my sentence!

Registered
    Jul 2013

I was thoroughly satisfied.

When one knows the town bicycle, when one sees someone else riding it, one is ___________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

tempted to push him off it and into the mill pond, whether or not the vicar is watching one.

Our last vicar was over eight feet tall and weighed close to 40 stone. Naturally, _______________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

he disposed of the consecrated body and blood of christ in a brisk manner.

People who don't make an effort to return one's belongings, no matter how small, are nothing more than ______________________________________

Registered
    Sep 2009

pond scum unworthy of my time, attention or thoughts.

Capt. Nemo had a pretty cool submarine. If I had one like that, I'd __________________________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

hire a former woman friend to work in the galley and serve me food and drink face to face on a daily basis.

The best revenge is not living well, but rather ____________________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

seeing your foes fail, suffer and envy you while you live well.

I'm sure some ancient Greek philosopher must have said that at some point. Or maybe it was ________________________?

Registered
    Jul 2013

Anaximander's fragment, since one might cite the earliest as a matter of principle.

Recompense, regret, and modern theories of justice are several _________________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

of the things my Great Aunt Edna will talk about by the hour, if you let her.

My Great Aunt Edna is quite large for a woman her age, and has man hands. Let me tell ya, her grip could ____________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

crush a cue ball yet hold the shaft gently.

Aunt Edna always used to have rough hands, but she always knew how to _________________________________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

properly moisturize, even when parachuting behind enemy lines during World War II.

I refuse to buy any car, truck, van, motorcycle, personal jet or helicopter that isn't bright yellow; after all, ________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

I have difficulty remembering my colors and the lights are growing dim.

When one isn't quite sure of the gender of a person, one might in private conversation refer to it as __________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

"Hey, you of indeterminate gender!"

Suave and sophisticated fellow that I am, I simply can't help myself, in crowded social situations, from __________________________________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

using the highest discretion when examining prospective mates: only from behind, and always from the shadows.

The nice thing about yoga pants is that _____________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

they slide off so satisfyingly easily from all the supermodels I meet.

The last time I was in breezy, sophisticated, cosmopolitan Blawnox, Pa., of course I just had to ___________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

check up on my sister-wife and see if she been doing her pilates.

Nice thing about having girl bosses is that _____________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

most of them - not all, mind you - is good folks.

I don't know about you, but when I saw that enormous meteor screaming down towards Boise last week, I just about _____________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

crapped in my hands and rubbed it in my face.

One isn't really sure if wrapping one's car around a stop sign and damaging it really needs to report oneself to the city, but one is sure that ______________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

if one doesn't, someone else just might, even in Boise with that enormous meteor screaming down towards it.

The last time I went to a wedding, afterwards I kissed the bride, shook the groom's hand and then naturally ___________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

started to gobble down on that turkey neck, because that is a ridiculous sentence.

I was glad to see a good missing bartender today first time in a month or so because she had some great __________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

thoughts on 14th-century agriculture, about which we had barely scratched the surface before she jetted off to Singapore.

Sure, you can say that you want to buy that $8 million Rochefoucauld wristwatch, but really, let's be honest, ______________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

a Casio or a Citizen with a slide rule bezel and a chronograph is really all one needs.

Only problem with the Swiss is that they ____________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

may say they don't recognize the Rochefoucauld movie reference, but you just know that, with a little Googling, they'd get it right away.

I have eighteen black staplers, eight red and three green ones, and I think if I get another one I'll probably __________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

recreate the Stations of the Cross, using plenty of metal fasteners AKA staples.

M. de La Rochefoucauld was a pretty sharp dude, but kids these days __________________________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

are just gonna look at their phones anyway, and they can easily Google it if they ever need to know the times in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome and Gstaad.

I think the town of Gstaad either needs another vowel, or just has one out of place, but as my Great Aunt Edna always says, ______________________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

it's free to those who can afford it, but very expensive to those who cannot.

The best thing about chatting with a lovely woman and making plans to meet up in ten minutes for a quick bite to eat is when she __________________________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

says, "And later, perhaps, depending on how our meal goes, we can go back to my place for a night of mind-blowing Scrabble."

The last time that happened to me, let me tell you, pal, I couldn't believe ______________________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

that this woman ditched me after a good hour of pleasant conversation while I went to the men's room to do some stuff.

The thing about a man's ego is that it's _______________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

always in danger of being bruised if not broken by the next pretty girl.

I've never met a woman named Wilfreda, pretty or otherwise, but if I did, I bet that _______________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

she probably would have had the right stuff: just a guess!

When a bartender invites you to a pretty swanky Italian restaurant, drives you there herself, and insists on paying for everything, for some inscrutable reason, the only thing is __________________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

... I have to wonder, of course, as to whether there'll be enough grated Parmesan cheese on hand.

I watched the new Peter Jackson documentary The Beatles: Get Back over the weekend, and unlike most people, I was thinking ________________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

this movie is not nearly long enough!

Deciding to actively despise every aspect of another person can lead to positive _______________________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

energy when you decide to finally just take the plunge and become a supervillain (especially if that other person is a superhero).

My favorite supervillain is probably The Underminer, although there's something to be said for ___________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

He Who Openly Mocks And Shames (not a very wieldy name, but that's why he's a supervillain, although not very well known).

The nice thing about meeting desirable, intelligent women is that there's always another ________________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

beer or three in the fridge if things are going well.

The last time I was in Beirut, I met a really nice girl, but after talking for more than two hours in an oceanside cafe she ______________________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

revealed herself.....as an amateur astrology fanatic.

The greatest gift space cadets gave to we [ed. yes, but "give" is a copulative verb, AFAIK, and besides, it's idiomatic] mere earthlings was ____________________________________

Registered
    Sep 2009

a better appreciation of humanity's relative lack of importance in the greater cosmos.

The last time I visited Proxima Centauri IV, I forgot to pack my _________________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

towel.

The odd thing about women is that they can and do change their ________________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

minds, about fjords and babelfish and towels and leaders with two heads and even Vogon poetry, and yet remain hoopy froods.

Of course I recognize that reference; I wasn't born on Proxima Centauri IV yesterday, or even ___________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

that other place I can't recall.

The weird thing about astrology is that it _____________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

sometimes (only once in awhile, mind you), has nothing at all to do with who you are or what you'll do in life.

"On the other hand," Alan Greenspan once told me, "reading your horoscope before making high-stakes investing decisions can really ________________________________."

Registered
    Jul 2013

put you in the big league company of Nancy Davis."

When a bartender is being a superbitch to you and complains about the music you put on the jukebox, only thing to do is ___________________________________.

Registered
    Sep 2009

feed in as many quarters as you have, punch in the same song over and over and over again, and leave.

A friend of mine actually did that once. No, really, he did! No fooling. Pretty funny, except for ____________________________________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

that the bartender was a super-mega-ulttra bitch and just shut thre whole thing down while being a super-mega-ultra bitch about it.

Nice thing about exhanging phone numbers with a non-bitch who is easy on the eyes is that ______________________________________

Registered
    Sep 2009

you never know when she might ask you to pick the next song on the jukebox.

When you see the newest James Bond movie, No Time to Die, be sure to ________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

not see it, because one is tired.

When setting up a first date with a gal, be sure to __________________________

Registered
    Sep 2009

confirm that she has no STDs, asking, of course, for written confirmation on a doctor's letterhead. Chicks dig that magical little bit of romance.

The last time I did that, it will not surprise you to learn, ______________________________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

that I got slapped in the face and a box of prophylactics thrown at my dick.

Having dates outdoors when it's cold as hell is sure to lead to _________________________________

Registered
    Sep 2009

(if you're lucky) prolonged snuggling under blankets and occasional giggles, to which I have no objection at all.

The last time I was in Singapore, I met a man who tried to convince me not only that the Moon was made of green cheese, but that _________________________

Registered
    Jul 2013

paled in comparison to the time this former lady friend and a current interest spent who knows how many minutes chatting without my supervision.

Worse than a sewing circle it is, when a few ________________________________

Registered
    Sep 2009

gibbons decide to tie you down and give you an involuntary manicure without anesthesia.

The last time that happened to me, I naturally called my Great Aunt Edna and shouted, "_________________________"

+ Reply to thread