+ Reply to thread

Thread: Monday Wut Wut: The Wettest Drought

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Monday Wut Wut: The Wettest Drought

We are officially having a drought in the UK, groundwater levels at an all time low, rivers not running, reservoirs drained dry. There are bans on using hoses to water the garden, clean cars and so on as everyone must make efforts to ensure that water goes further than before.

Of course this bring the UK, it has also been raining constantly for the last two weeks with the odd grey dry break in between. It managed its first bit of blue sky this morning and everyone has been around, grumbling about this strange colour in the sky.

Actually, no-one at this point wants to go outside, given the floods, rain and wind. I did dive outside at one point and checked the garden and the plants have all gone mental. Give it a few days sunshine and I'm sure everything will double in size. And its set to go on for another couple of weeks. I'm going to be very waterlogged by the end of May

The only upside is that I have spent more time cleaning the house than ever before, it's not as if I want to go outside and there is little else to do. Or rather the was little else to do until the Eyetoy got pulled out. An hour later having played around in front of the TV ignoring the world outside and all I want to do is go and crawl into a ball as certain muscles get exercised for the first time in ages. I was fine last year and even found the old game saves, but I hadn't realised I was so sedentary. Maybe I'm not as fit as I thought, though given the weather forecast, I can see many more days jumping around in front of the TV. Why does exercise hurt so much?
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Yeah my plants have gone bananas too. I'm gonna try and nip out in the morning and mow the lawns as they've become triffid-infested. We weren't officially in drought but there has been plenty of torrential rain and high winds the last while. I was lucky I got a few sunny days on my holidays.

+ Reply to thread