+ Reply to thread

Thread: Public proposals: WTF?

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default Public proposals: WTF?

Assuming this video is real, and it seems to be, there's a lot more wrong here than just wanting a ton of people present at your special moment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1364359.html

But, I am baffled by the whole public proposal thing. Seems like a seriously presumptuous thing to do.

You're assuming the person you're asking wants to be the center of lots of attention.

You're seemingly assuming there's a "yes" coming.

In this case, is a crappy apartment party packed with drunks and cheap beer really what you want to remember for a lifetime?

Of course, there's recently been a rash of well-video'd stadium proposal rejections which are pretty entertaining to watch.

I suppose if you're the kind of person who wants 20,000 people to watch you propose, you're likely proposing to someone of similar disposition...hopefully.
    "I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

For whom nothing is written. Oliveloaf's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

"I won't kill for money, and I won't marry for it. Other than that, I'm open to just about anything."

-Jim Rockford

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I blame romantic comedies.

And narcissism. But mostly the rom-coms.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It pre-dates rom-coms. I remember the stupid stadium proposals back to the 70s. Though people didn't "say no" / "boo" it as much back then. The linked one looks like a rom-com inspired disaster though.

+ Reply to thread