+ Reply to thread

Thread: Call me Dave in the USA

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Call me Dave in the USA

You nice guys in the USA are hosting our PM and being really nice to him giving him flights on Air Force One and a state dinner?

How's it going down over there, because we can't get away from the constant coverage of it.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Barely a word on it have I heard. Afghan war and Repub Primary and Goldman Sachs defector are the big news stories.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Funny the things that catch people's interest -- that Goldman Sachs thing didn't seem astounding to me at all.

Maybe it was the "muppets" bit.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Ha ha, most of the coverage of it I've seen is focusing on the dresses the ladies are wearing.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Your PM is getting some good coverage. There were even suggestions that the President and Prime Minister were developing something of a "bromance."

Here's a funny baker's dozen list from SDMB:

Things overheard between President Obama and Prime Minister Cameron

1. "Cricket is too a wussy sport."
    2. "So this Santorum bloke, he's just like an American Sacha Baron Cohen character, isn't he?"
    3. "I'mmmm.....I'm so in love with youuuu."
    4. "So you're saying Tony Blair hasn't been Prime Minister since 2007? Sorry, we don't pay much attention to European politics in America."
    5. "I hate to bring it up, but... back when you burned the White House and Capitol in 1814, and I know that you personally aren't responsible, but, well, we spent a lot of money on the rebuilding and we could really use it back now, so I've had a team of historians and economists adjust it for inflation and it comes to...".
    6. "Your Queen ... is she a goer? ... Know what I mean ...know what I mean ... nudge, nudge."
    7. "'Doctor Who'? Yeah, we have that joke here, too, but it's about baseball. Let me send you a YouTube Abbott and Costello link."
    8. "You keep my secret about being Kenyan and Muslim, and I won't tell anybody you're gay and from New Jersey."
    9. "With all the 'duck lips' being strewn about the Internet, I'll have no more talk of our teeth."
    10. "Just how did you manage to get that 50% tax bracket passed?"
    11. "You say Stephen Sondheim; I say Andrew Lloyd Webber."
    12. "All right, so we agree: Neither of us will let Russell Brand back into our respective countries."
    13. "To celebrate almost two centuries of peace between us, we're giving you back South Carolina."
    Last edited by Elendil's Heir; 15 Mar 2012 at 10:54 PM.

+ Reply to thread