+ Reply to thread

Thread: Monday Wut Wut: Mad March Syndrome

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Monday Wut Wut: Mad March Syndrome

Ok, I realise it's March. Why does it feel like last October. I keep referring to things as being in 2011. Anything I am working on feels like it was left over from the tail end of last year. Surely something will come along and remind me that it is 2012, year of the Diamond Jubille, Olympics and the Apocalypse.

Strangely enough, Jan and Feb seemed really positive, 2012 here I come, no stopping me now. I was getting stuff done, following my New Year's resolutions and trying to make an impact on life for the better, more so than I usually fake at the start of the year.

I think March is trying to tell me not to bother. It seems to want to double the adversity of anything I want to do. Its not stopping me doing the big things, but its certainly doing its best to make it difficult, throwing all those minor distractions in the way to slow things down and make you wonder why you started in the first place if it is going to be that difficult and annoying to complete. As a result, I keep casting back to last year when things were winding down and wondering if life could go back to that state again.

Yeah, I know, nothing easy is ever worthwhile. I do wish, just for once, that something worthwhile was easy to accomplish. I mean given everything else, it would be something to cherish. Proof that life isn't the general suckfest that it sometimes tries to be. Now I'm left fighting my instinctive laziness and thinking about leaving everything until next year, it won't be that bad, I can live with it until then.

I know its not the right answer, but sometimes continually fighting life, can be quite depressing. It's time to stick two fingers up, tell it to get shafted and keep going, its not stopping me, not this time.

And finally, a topic close to an English heart. The weather here has cycled back round to winter. We had summer in February, so who knows what it will be like for the rest of the year, but at the rate its going, I'm expecting heatwaves in May followed by snowfall in June.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

2 steps forward and 1 step back does seem to be the way of life. It is when I have to deal with 2 forward and 2 back that it gets really tough.

Registered
    Mar 2009

And then you forget that it's daylight savings time early again and now we get the fortnight of confusion. Keep that in mind if you're dealing with anyone in North America. We're all sleep-deprived this week.

The weather is annoying. A drought is always bad, and this is no exception. Yet it keeps looking like maybe there'll be a little rain again soon - like today. But there hasn't been that one big storm to make it feel like real rain. It's been good enough to go out biking but there's the fear that if the rain comes the schedule will be thrown off. So I end up not doing it as often as I could. And if it rains late into Spring it'll just be lost time.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

:grumblegrumbleDaylightSavingsTimeissostupidgrumbl e::

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I thought this was going to be about March Madness.

Registered
    Feb 2009

That's a funny looking orange
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

+ Reply to thread