+ Reply to thread

Thread: Whitney Houston

Registered
    Apr 2009

Default Whitney Houston

I'm amazed that no-one has commented on the death of Whitney Houston earlier today.
    Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill

Registered
    Mar 2009

I was really shocked to hear that she had died, though I know with her substance abuse problems it shouldn't have been a surprise. All of her woes and dramas aside, she'd had a truly remarkable gift and not one often found, particularly not in popular music today.

So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Poor Whitney...such a shame that she couldn't get help for whatever problems she had. It's really really sad. She truly had one of the great voices of our time.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

It came up in another thread and over on the Dope.

It was shocking though as she was under 50. There was a small time period, I guess between Madonna & Mariah that she was #1 and she had way more talent then Madonna and a smidge more then Mariah. I only really loved one of her songs and I think it was her first hit.

I'll always remember her Super Bowl performance of the Star Spangled Banner, it was perfect. It was talked about these past 2 weeks as sports people were talking about the greatest Super Bowls ever her contribution to the Desert Storm Super Bowl had to its overall greatness. As a Giant fan I remember it pretty well.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I wonder if they'll be able to pull together a tribute to her in time for the Grammys tonight.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    I wonder if they'll be able to pull together a tribute to her in time for the Grammys tonight.
    I hope so. If anyone ever deserved one, that voice did.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Just goes to show that a person can have everything and still not be happy. She was so beautiful and had a remarkable talent and millions of dollars, but it wasn't enough, you know? Such a shame.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Well drugs are insidious and I think fame might be a drug in some ways.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally posted by Sarahfeena View post
    Just goes to show that a person can have everything and still not be happy. She was so beautiful and had a remarkable talent and millions of dollars, but it wasn't enough, you know? Such a shame.
    Cocaine is a helluva drug.

+ Reply to thread