+ Reply to thread

Thread: Batman Trailer

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Batman Trailer

Another trailer for a huge 2012 movies has both just been released.

The Dark Night Rises. The last of the Batman trilogy that Christopher Nolan has said he will make.

I am left hoping that they don't screw it up and drift so far from the source as it bears no resemblance to what we know of both.

I 'm sorry but Christian Bale is good, but not great, and I am expecting nothing from Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, but I do have hope that Tom Hardy will redefine Bane as the monster who broke the Bat, perhaps more so than Ledger did with the Joker.

I'm expecting Avatar levels of expectation for this, especially for Batman and I hope they live up to it.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I have high hopes for Bane. I'm hoping Batman dies by his hands, in fact.

If this is the end, I'd like it to be horrifyingly final.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Zuul, you're not the only person I've heard mention that they think Batman should die in the movie.

I think this looks fabulous. There has never been a Christopher Nolan movie I have not thought was awesome, and I don't expect TDKR to change that. And I like Anne Hathaway.
    Last edited by Orual; 21 Dec 2011 at 10:27 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Oh yeah, that's a good Cracked article, too. Part of it is that after what was done to Bane in the last set of movies, I want him to be redeemed a bit, to be shown as the physically and mentally challenging foe he is.

Also, it's just sort of hard to see Nolan giving Batman anything like a "and then he fought crime and lived happily ever after, sexing up Selina and fathering the Huntress" ending. So if I tell myself I want it to be horrible and gut-wrenching, I can prepare myself a bit.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Feb 2009

I really want Bane to be redeemed given the last movie, hopefully by turning Bruce Wayne into a mute.

I don't think he will kill him off, but too injured to continue and pass the cowl on, that's more than doable.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

+ Reply to thread