+ Reply to thread

Thread: Melloween Tweet Quiz

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Melloween Tweet Quiz

Horror is such a subjective theme, but here are twenty tweets for you to identify. Each one is something that a major character from a horror story, either a book or film, might have sent out at some time. Assuming, of course, that they would have had access to Twitter.

For each tweet, I am looking for the person tweeting and the source material.

As an example:
    Masked ball. My place tonight. Ignore plagued peasants en route. Wine, women, song…Unmask at midnight
    - Prince Prospero from Masque of the Red Death

Halloween Tweets

1. How hard is it to provide an impure ingredient for an experiment, its MAKING ME ANGRY.

2. Gone shopping for fine Chianti as I'm having a friend for dinner.

3. What a stroke of luck, saved by my number one fan from a snowdrift.

4. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All wor

5. Off to the remote scottish island of Summerisle to look for a missing girl.

6. Anyone recommend a good idea for finding something, other then performing a blood test in the Antarctic

7. Am stuck in a castle in Bulgaria sorting out an estate deal for a Count. Nice trio of ladies though, but not a patch on Mina

8. SOS. Rammed unknown cephalopod. Discovered undersea ruins. Request science team - Stat

9. Came into money. Found motel on way to California. Will decide next move after a shower.

10. Help. Call police and rescue team. Monty went nuts and bricked me up in the cellar over a cask of wine.

11. Woohoo!! Giant underground worms!! Me and Rhonda are gonna be rich!!

12. My oath has expired. You must stop my sister’s wedding with all speed. Lord R- is not what he seems. Poor Ianthe! Letter to follow. A.

13. What a beautiful estate in Essex. The children are as charming as their father is distant. Shame the staff aren’t friendlier

14. English pubs are full of wierdos. stick to the road, don’t go on the moor, mind the full moon and now Jack can hear howling.

15. So the master has married again. A mere girl, presuming to replace my mistress. She’ll never measure up. I know it, and so will she.

16. Help, am stuck in woods with two twits and their camera. Need GPS Position, exorcism and rescue ASAP.

17. The sky’s turned green. I can’t find Hettie but we’ve no time left. Too many people have died, we have to use the bomb. May she forgive me.

18. Missed the meteor shower last night, thanks to a plant trying to kill me. Was it any good?

19. I was wrong. It is not the plague, it is the vorvolakas that takes them each night. I saw her buried, how can I kill a dead woman?

20. Just developed some interesting photos, travelling with an ambassador to Rome. Don’t like mine having a mark across the neck.

I'll put the answers up in a couple of days time.

Good Luck.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo What Exit?'s avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Halloween Tweets

1. How hard is it to provide an impure ingredient for an experiment, its MAKING ME ANGRY.
    Spoiler (mouseover to read):
    I suspect this is Dr Jeckyll from Dr J & Mr Hyde

Hannibal Lector from Silence of the Lambs

Paul Sheldon from Misery

4. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All wor
    Jack Torrance from The Shining

Sergeant Howie from The Wickerman

6. Anyone recommend a good idea for finding something, other then performing a blood test in the Antarctic
    Unsure but from the Thing

7. Am stuck in a castle in Bulgaria sorting out an estate deal for a Count. Nice trio of ladies though, but not a patch on Mina
    Jon Harker of Dracula

8. SOS. Rammed unknown cephalopod. Discovered undersea ruins. Request science team - Stat
    Nemo? From 20,000 Leagues under the sea

9. Came into money. Found motel on way to California. Will decide next move after a shower.
    Marion Crane in Psycho

10. Help. Call police and rescue team. Monty went nuts and bricked me up in the cellar over a cask of wine.

Burt Gummer in Tremors

12. My oath has expired. You must stop my sister’s wedding with all speed. Lord R- is not what he seems. Poor Ianthe! Letter to follow. A.
    Aubrey from the Vampyre

13. What a beautiful estate in Essex. The children are as charming as their father is distant. Shame the staff aren’t friendlier

14. English pubs are full of wierdos. stick to the road, don’t go on the moor, mind the full moon and now Jack can hear howling.
    David Kessler in American Werewolf in London

15. So the master has married again. A mere girl, presuming to replace my mistress. She’ll never measure up. I know it, and so will she.

16. Help, am stuck in woods with two twits and their camera. Need GPS Position, exorcism and rescue ASAP.
    Lets say Heather in the Blair Witch Project

17. The sky’s turned green. I can’t find Hettie but we’ve no time left. Too many people have died, we have to use the bomb. May she forgive me.

18. Missed the meteor shower last night, thanks to a plant trying to kill me. Was it any good?
    Bill from Day of the Triffids

19. I was wrong. It is not the plague, it is the vorvolakas that takes them each night. I saw her buried, how can I kill a dead woman?
    Unknown character, Isle of the Dead, just saw a TCM special on Val Lewton last night. Good timing.

20. Just developed some interesting photos, travelling with an ambassador to Rome. Don’t like mine having a mark across the neck.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Great collection of tweets, CIAS! Now that I've got my guesses all together I can go take a peek at What Exit's and see where we agree.

Dr. Jekyll, from The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?

Hannibal Lecter, presumably from Silence of the Lambs, though any of the books would do.

Paul Sheldon, from Misery.

Jack Torrance, The Shining

Sergeant Howie, The Wicker Man. The original, thankyouverymuch.

I'm thinking this is from The Thing, but I never saw any of the various versions of it. I just know Carpenter's remake was in Antarctica.

Jonathan Harker, Dracula

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea? I'm not sure.

Janet Leigh's character (surely she had a name, but I can't remember it), Psycho

...I find it odd how often this story seems to come up in my daily life. o_O

Fortunato, "The Cask of Amontillado".

Would this be Kevin Bacon's character in Tremors?

The only Ianthe I can recall right now is the one who marries Iphis in mythology, and I doubt that's it.

No idea.

The...guy who is not named Jack in American Werewolf in London?

Argh. I know this one. I can outline the whole plot in my head. I cannot remember the name.

Well, this could be anyone from the Blair Witch Project...

I can't recognize it.

The Day of the Triffids, but I can't remember the character's name.

I don't know this one.

Nor this one.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I know most of the films but can't think of any of the character names.

Registered
    Mar 2009

Halloween Tweets

Hannibal Lector - Silence Of The Lambs

Misery

The Shining

The Wicker Man

Dracula?

20,000 leagues under the sea

Psycho

Tremors?

The Blair Witch Project

Day Of The Triffids

isle of the dead

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally posted by CatInASuit View post
    ...20. Just developed some interesting photos, travelling with an ambassador to Rome. Don’t like mine having a mark across the neck....
    Is this Damien, the wee Antichrist from The Omen?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Ok, here are all the ones that people have got right.

1. Dr Jekyll, Jekyll and Hide
    2. Dr Lecter, Silence of the Lambs
    3. Paul Sheldon, Misery
    4. Jack Torrance, The Shining
    5. Neil Howie, The Wicker Man
    6. ?, The Thing
    7. Jonathon Harker, Dracula
    8. ?,?
    9. Marion Crane, Psycho
    10. Fortunato, The Casque of Amontiallado
    11. Val McKee, Tremors
    12. Aubrey, The Vampyre
    13. ?,?
    14. David Kessler, American Werewolf in London
    15. ?,?
    16. Heather Donahue, The Blair Witch Project
    17. ?,?
    18. Bill Masen, Day of the Triffids
    19. ?, Isle of the dead
    20. ?, The Omen

Feel free to start using Google and I can provide further clues if required.

What, you thought I would just give all the answers up

Registered
    Mar 2009

You jerk!

Registered
    Feb 2009

I'll put the remaining answers up on Monday, if anyone wants to win some Virtual Jaffa Cakes.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Knew I forgot something - here are the remaining answers:

6. McReady, The Thing
    8. Gustaf Johansen, Call of Cthulhu
    13. The Governess, The Turn of the Screw
    15. Mrs Danvers, Rebecca
    17. Professor Quatermass, Quatermass
    19. Gen. Nikolas Pherides, Isle of the Dead
    20. Keith Jennings, The Omen

*noms on Virtual Jaffa Cakes*

+ Reply to thread