+ Reply to thread

Thread: Stone Roses to reform

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Stone Roses to reform

One of the leading lights of the Madchester scene, the Stone Roses have decided to reform. Their debut album was one of the best ever and the split was acrimonious when it happened.

Now it appears all the hatchets have been buried and they are getting back together again. They may be doing it for the money, or maybe for the rock'n'roll. I have no idea if they will ever recapture the heights they got to, but it should be fun finding out.

In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

They were a great auld band but the personnel seem to have been complete bell ends. I recall various kerfuffles amongst them in the late '90s. Meanwhile Ian Brown, possibly the least talented member of the band, carved himself a respectable career in the indie-dance field.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

The self-titled first album is one of the most perfect records of all time. Second Coming was not nearly as good. I don't hold out much hope for any greatness resulting from this reunion. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

+ Reply to thread