+ Reply to thread

Thread: The Killer Kismot

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default The Killer Kismot

A charity competition in Edinburgh to eat the hottest dish that a curry house could make has ended up with two of the contestants going to hospital as their bodies were not able to take the heat.

Ok, they ramped up the heat by using hottest chillies possible and getting all the people to sign a disclaimer in case anything happened.

But given the hospitalisations, they are looking at turning the heat it down next year.

More here
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Registered
    Feb 2009

And that's not even counting all the contestants who went on a vision quest with Johnny Cash as their spirit guide.

Registered
    Oct 2011

Just thought I'd jump in and say I live in Edinburgh, and had the great fortune to visit Kismot last year. It's actually quite a decent restaurant; two of my friends ordered the Killer though and it was the funniest thing I've seen in my life!

I've written a blog post about it, if anyone's interested in knowing what it's like to try the hottest curry in the world (or if you want to laugh at my silly friends!)

http://www.jemmaeatworld.com/2011/10...hottest-curry/

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

Thanks for the hilarious blog post, Jemma! Sounds like a fun way to spend an evening. (Watching, not eating.)
    Last edited by Orual; 06 Oct 2011 at 04:41 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I would compare the Kismot Killer to the Dementors in Harry Potter, who send people crazy by sucking out all of the happiness inside them.

I found myself feeling very much like the tiny morsel of the Kismot Killer had sucked out the happy memories of the rest of my meal; it put a dampener on my evening and completely obliterated any memory of the fantastic banquet that had come before I terrorised my mouth with this hideous attack.
    This is the greatest description of a meal ever. Thanks for sharing the blog post, jemmypops!
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Nice blog post, thanks for sharing.

I hope the publicity serves to give the place a big a boost as possible, although it doesn't sound like it needs it.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

+ Reply to thread