+ Reply to thread

Thread: RIP Steve Jobs

Oliphaunt The Original An Gadaí's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

Default RIP Steve Jobs

http://gizmodo.com/5838847/steve-jobs-is-dead

I wasn't a huge Apple fan, and I imagine some of the diehards are crying their guts out right now. He worked very hard, and very astutely in the realm of computing which has so impacted our modern world. Rest in peace, Steve, wherever you are.

Registered
    Mar 2009

The tech world will never be the same without him. While I've never been an Apple fanatic, I always liked Jobs. RIP.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I guess we knew he was going downhill, but I didn't expect it so soon. Then again, who knows if he knew how much time he had. I always had a great respect for him. In a way, he presided over the entire era of the PC - from its birth, to the seeds of its replacement. He was probably its greatest marketer, in a good way, and he even had the vision of what will be next.

Registered
    Sep 2009

A gutsy visionary who always did his very best. May he rest in peace.

Registered
    Feb 2009

Lots of Obits around in the news and he was a true pioneer in the way technology is used nowadays. Without him, it would be a lot longer before we got to see the kind of technology we have today.

Definitely a visionary in terms of form, function and finesse when it came to Apple products.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

Clueless but well-meaning Hatshepsut's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

The International Herald Tribune ran a poignant set of photos: The first was from 1984, when he and some colleagues were holding up an Apple 2C - by modern standards it is ridiculous, but at the time it was a marvel. In this photo Jobs is young and vital, with a thick shock of dark hair.

The second photo was from 2009, showing a gaunt, bald Jobs holding up an iPhone: so much computing power in so little space! The impact of the two photos side-by-side, showing how time led to incredible advancement of technology at the same time it led to aging and illness in Jobs, is extremely powerful. I'm not the sentimental type, but my eyes kind of misted over.

Registered
    Feb 2009

and jumping on the bandwagon, the WBC have decided to picket his funeral and the general grounds that his technology did not sufficiently support them and for Apple being a very gay friendly place to work.

Words fail me.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

+ Reply to thread