+ Reply to thread

Thread: Your Leading Foot?

Registered
    Feb 2009

Default Your Leading Foot?

When you step through a door, which foot do you normally step through first with, Left or Right?

Does it match up with you being left or right handed?

Just curious.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

my god, he's full of stars... OneCentStamp's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I've never, ever thought about that before, and my first thought was that it would depend on which way the door was hinged, but no. Now that I think about it, I virtually always lead right.

As far as handedness goes, I'm a weird hodgepodge, but I write lefty (and play guitar lefty, as you can see), so I generally consider myself a lefty.
    Last edited by OneCentStamp; 03 Oct 2011 at 09:37 AM.
    "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because I'm on nitrous."

find me at Goodreads

Oliphaunt
    Registered
    Feb 2009

I never thought about it until I hurt my left knee and couldn't use that leg. Turns out I am very left-footed. Especially going up stairs.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm apparently right-footed, though I'd never paid attention to this before.
    So now they are just dirt-covered English people in fur pelts with credit cards.

Prehistoric Bitchslapper Sarahfeena's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2009

I lead with my right, and I'm a righty. The left side of my body is pretty useless...even have terrible vision in my left eye, and decent vision in my right eye.

Registered
    Apr 2009

Right and right, but you can be sure I will now try leading with my left foot to see how weird it feels.

Side note: I have been having trouble with the proximity sensors on two Samsung Focus phones (for work) in a row. In an effort to rule out my ears being shaped in a way that is apparently not friendly to this model (and quite possibly also for the amusement of the IT/admin staff), I have been using the phone on my left ear for the last few days. Even though the hearing in my left ear is demonstrably better on a standard hearing test, I have been having a hell of a time with feeling like I can't hear as well (which is saying something, since I *normally* don't hear that well). I think my left ear just doesn't know how to listen to digitized voices as well as the right.

Registered
    Mar 2009

I'm right handed but lead with my left foot, apparently. I also have a gimpy knee on the right side so this may have some impact.

Registered
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally posted by Zuul View post
    I'm apparently right-footed, though I'd never paid attention to this before.
    Ditto. I'm also right-handed.

Registered
    Feb 2009

It does hurt the brain when you walk up to the door and consciously try to work out something that you do automatically every day.

FTR: I'm a rightie, but I lead with my left foot.
    In the land of the blind, the one-arm man is king.

+ Reply to thread